Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Yellow6 wrote: 08 May 2023, 22:01 Boring….just say it or move on. Getting tedious.
All very boring…. Johnson needs Clownes to return from holiday as he has forgotten the password for WyScout ;-)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yellow6 wrote: 08 May 2023, 22:01 Boring….just say it or move on. Getting tedious.
Like 100% of your posts.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Well, then, just share the information that you know instead of this pathetic ‘I know something you don’t know’ rubbish. Without foundation to your claim, what are you are saying, means absolutely nothing. Anyone could claim to know something back it up it is useless. So what is it to be?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yellow6 wrote: 09 May 2023, 10:50 Well, then, just share the information that you know instead of this pathetic ‘I know something you don’t know’ rubbish. Without foundation to your claim, what are you are saying, means absolutely nothing. Anyone could claim to know something back it up it is useless. So what is it to be?
Thought "not according to my contact" on my post would give you the lead.....
Obviously not.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

The season really is over isn’t it!

We have resorted to arguing over a rumour that one of two players may or may not be signing for us or another unnamed club (I think that was about as accurate as it got?)
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

It’s early days yet!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Mark Halstead, Tiger Tom, Daws & Ollie T have signed new deals. :clap:

https://torquayunited.com/breaking-news ... new-deals/

TUST Member 468

CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Excellent news!! What a start, I know it’s more of a dream but with Jarvis hopefully staying, stobbs and sparkes offered deals, we could be starting next season with a much much stronger side than last year.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lapslie is always injured, Tomlinson is a question mark, Halstead is a good shot stopper but weak at commanding his six yard box and Dawson did well.

It looks alot better if the three players you mentioned are here but "being offered a deal" is completely meaningless" - it means nothing at all, the same as the rumour with Sparkes and even Jarvis really.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Is your glass ever even a quarter full Brucie?!

Halstead & Lapslie were awesome last season and to have their experience alongside the others already signed on in the NLS is immense.

This is a real statement of intent and notwithstanding all my misgivings of his intentions, fair play to the owner for backing this.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

Brucie takes a perverse joy in telling everybody that sky is falling; the club is crap, the owner is shit, the management is a disgrace and all the players are liabilities.

over the course of the years that he's spent spouting the same drivel, each one has been true at various points but it's never served his agenda to say anything even remotely positive. Seems like it'd be a sad existence to me

In any case; if you consider that the backend of the previous season we were one of the best sides in a division and we know have several of the players who made up those various starting XIs - Halstead, Moxey, Hall, Lapslie, Dawson, Donnellan and Jarvis - contracted for next season. That's encouraging, although it does remain to be seen whether Jarvis is still here come the start of 23/24.

With that core, adding some pace out wide (like Stobbs), another centre-half and presumably at least one other striker would surely be one the favourites for the title.

there's even a chance that Crowe, McGavin, and Hanson might contribute..
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 10 May 2023, 12:12 Mark Halstead, Tiger Tom, Daws & Ollie T have signed new deals. :clap:

https://torquayunited.com/breaking-news ... new-deals/
Excellent news SNW…. So what happened to your
Lapslie to Aldershot rumour ? :lol: 🤔🤣🤣
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

I’d be very surprised if lapslie and Halstead didn’t have offers from NL clubs, or at least been spoken too, I’d also be very surprised if both took a pay cut, does this suggest we might have a decent budget? Or spend what we have on proven players, build a smaller squad and fill the gaps with a few loans
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

CourtierGull wrote: 10 May 2023, 14:27 I’d be very surprised if lapslie and Halstead didn’t have offers from NL clubs, or at least been spoken too, I’d also be very surprised if both took a pay cut, does this suggest we might have a decent budget? Or spend what we have on proven players, build a smaller squad and fill the gaps with a few loans
was having discussion with fellow fans and the question of the new NL contracts came up. I wonder if we're offering to honour the old style contracts with coverage in the event of injury. entirely a guess, of course.

it could simply be that we've offered decent money (maybe with some sort of promotion bonus?)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It might suggest that Johnson has paid a considerable amount of his budget on these players. Time will tell but relying on injury prone players like Hall and Lapslie?

Theres quite a few teams with artificial surfaces as well - Lapslie was "awesome" christ he wasnt on the pitch most of the time.

We were one of the best sides in the division - what planet are you on. Do you mean the team that lost 5-1 at Chesterfield and could have conceded 15.

What is the point of banging on about Stobbs? he isnt our player.

We've just been relegated so i'm not celebrating just yet. Makes me laugh that liabilities like McGavin and Hanson are now an integral part of the squad.