Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

The NL table on the BBC is incorrect. A set of results are missing and it isn't today's games.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Yeovil one nil down and down to ten men with a few minutes to go.
That will make a huge difference to us if Southend hold on.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

standupsitdown wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 19:10 Yeovil one nil down and down to ten men with a few minutes to go.
That will make a huge difference to us if Southend hold on.
0-2 game over now
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Not sure how a team already in the bottom 4 losing helps us?, Surely we need to looking at Gateshead, York and Aldershot?, at the end of the day Yeovil are already in the bottom 4, so not much changes really, or am I missing something?, Dorking wining today is more of an issue, think we need to forget about Yeovil.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 19:18 Not sure how a team already in the bottom 4 losing helps us?, Surely we need to looking at Gateshead, York and Aldershot?, at the end of the day Yeovil are already in the bottom 4, so not much changes really, or am I missing something?, Dorking wining today is more of an issue, think we need to forget about Yeovil.
But we’ll still have to overtake Yeovil if we are to overtake any of the other teams mentioned. Who knows who will win what over the next 6 games.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 19:18 Not sure how a team already in the bottom 4 losing helps us?, Surely we need to looking at Gateshead, York and Aldershot?, at the end of the day Yeovil are already in the bottom 4, so not much changes really, or am I missing something?
It's no good getting ahead of Gateshead and York if we finish behind Yeovil and Scunthorpe. Yeovil losing - to a team comfortably mid-table - can only be good for us.

Of course, now that lot of the strugglers will be playing each other, draws are probably better.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

On the train back from Scunny. Just focus on the next game! COYY
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Great result again today. Needed to win 5 out of 7 (IMO) now down to 4 out of 6. Got to take it a game at a time.

Still only a glimmer of hope at the moment though.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We need to overtake two of Yeovil, Gateshead, York and Aldershot.
With Yeovil’s fixtures I can see them only picking up 6 more points which would take them to 44.
I’ve looked at fixtures for York, Gateshead & Aldershot And strangely my predicted results has all three of them finishing on 50 points but the result of the York v Aldershot game would have a big impact on that. I’ve said York win but if it was a draw that would take York down to 48 points.
We have 37 points but the worst goal difference.
5 wins with 52 points and we should be safe.
4 and 49 we might.
4 and a draw or two, hopefully enough.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Can't see us catching Gateshead (3 points ahead better GD, 3 games in hand ) so hope they beat Yeovil on Tuesday
Hopefully Barnet are not too deflated by Trophy semi defeat and can rouse themselves to beat York, bit worried about that one though. Imagine they will stay in the north for tomorrow's game otherwise travel fatigue would be a factor.
One game at a time never more appropriate. Just concentrate on Eastleigh, surely we are not going to lose at home again and are due a win at Plainmoor ?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well we will know our fate in 27 days time.

I reckon we need 10 points minimum to stay up 3 wins and a draw. This would be 47 points.

I think Yeovil will go down and Gateshead have 9 games in 26 days.However if they take just 9 out of 27 points 49 points should see them safe.

Aldershot are 6 points ahead of us and play 2 rivals in crucial games Shots v Yeovil and York v Shots.Just 5 points from 18 would give Aldershot 48 points.

I think it is between Torquay and York to join Maidstone, already down,Scunthorpe and Yeovil.

Our home game with York on the 15th could be massive.

It is very hard to call.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Optimistic maybe thinking 47 will do it ?
That means York and Aldershot only need 4 points from 6 games to finish above us
I was hoping 49 might do it. 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws, whatever way you look at it, it will take some doing !
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Win the next three (Eastleigh, Maidenhead and York) and there is a possibility.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I think we’re going to need 50 points
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote: 15 Mar 2023, 20:02
As for the relegation picture. Forget York, they're 9 points plus goal difference advantage ahead of us, a 10 point turn around needed , we're not catching them with the best will in the world.

Yeovil, 7 points plus goal difference advantage, so an 8 point turnaround required there, stranger things have happened in football, but a huge mountain to climb in 10 games, highly unlikely to catch them now.

Dorking 7 points ahead, but we've got the goal difference advantage, so a 7 point turnaround, our only realistic target to catch, but a note of warning here, in their last 6 games, Dorking as we know have beaten us, come from behind to beat Barnet, and picked up a decent 0.0 draw at Halifax, there defeats have come away to Wrexham, Notts, County and Boreham Wood no shame in any of those, their putting up a much better fight than us right now.
Looking at results since this post, whilst I doff my cap to Dorking, there's a club who'd love to have the resources we have at TUFC, and done so much much better with less, if ever there's was club that CO should send our wonderful local board, to learn how to run a football club, Dorking is it. My view point on York and Yeovil may just be proved wrong.

Everything posted on here will be immaterial if we fail to eat Eastleigh on Friday, think we all know the mountain we left ourselves to climb was massive, but it's nice to see us fighting at last.

It was said during the Yeovil v Southend game , also been posted on here a few times, much of the bottom six clubs still have to play each other, they can't all win, so my best feeling is, that 48 points could well be enough to stay in this division, Maidstone as we know are officially relegated, due to the number of games played and the fact they have the worst goal difference of all, it looks like Scunthorpe will almost certainly be relegated now, I've always believed Maidenhead/Halifax had enough points already on the table, Dorking with 3 straight wins can count themselves safe also.

So that Leaves Gateshead, TUFC, Aldershot, York , Yeovil and whilst I believe they're done for, I'll include Scunthorpe, I've a current form mini table based on the last 6 games which looks something like this;
Gateshead 9 points +3 GD
TUFC 7 points -1 GD
York 7 points -1 GD
Scunthorpe 7 points -2 GD
Yeovil 5 points -3 GD
Aldershot 5 points -5 GD

As said with many of these teams about to play each other, this picture is going change. Gateshead with a number of games in hand, should they maintain their current form, you'd expect them to pull clear comfortably, think there at home to Yeovil next, who lost Fisher to a broken ankle, and Sheffield Utd , loanee Freckleton sent off on Saturday , you'd fancy a Gateshead win.

Aldershot have moved to bring Widdrington in as their new manager, hard to know hard this will effect them, could give them a bit of dead cat bounce, being honest our only hope, and personally I don't like seeing this happen at any club, but York have significant off the field problems, which could lead to a down turn of team results.

Either way, we all know, we're still deep in it, with out a paddle.
Formerly known as forevertufc