Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Whitfield - crocked
Cameron- crocked but cannot deny him his move
Nemane - crocked, do we have another opi on our hands
Covolan - cannot deny him a move to the EFL
Waters - not consistent enough
Buse - not good enough despite 110% commitment from him
Macdonald- a fairly decent no' 2 keeper, plenty more of them out there though
Little - will he or wont he ? Not really arsed tbh, hasn't set the world alight whilst hes been here.
Andrews- needs to be fitter
Moxey - centre half cover
Wright - worth persisting with for his experience @ this level
Lemonheigh Evans - my poy
Wynter - class act
Randell- will be a huge miss this year
Sherring - as Randell
Boden - we can do better than him
Kimpioka - may be worth another go
Dont know about anything of the 2 young first year pro's let go to comment.
Gary knows what he wants & it looks as if CO is backing him so let's all see.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

See pierce sweeney has already cancelled his Swindon contract because he wishes not to relocate as he has a house in Exeter with his family, so he could resign for Exeter, or look elsewhere…. WE NEED A CB!
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

I wonder also if we were in for frank vincent, I imagine we were… so it’s surprising that he would want to relocate that far away assuming he lives in and around Bournemouth
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Would not be at all surprised if we're enquiring about Sherring next season. With them having a new manager, it might not happen until just before the new season. Much like last time, really.

I would not expect Sherring to feature for a Bournemouth side demanding a promotion push, so it seems likely to me that they'll look to loan him again, although they may prefer a League 1 or 2 club.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Teigngull wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:57 Whitfield - crocked
Cameron- crocked but cannot deny him his move
Nemane - crocked, do we have another opi on our hands
Covolan - cannot deny him a move to the EFL
Waters - not consistent enough
Buse - not good enough despite 110% commitment from him
Macdonald- a fairly decent no' 2 keeper, plenty more of them out there though
Little - will he or wont he ? Not really arsed tbh, hasn't set the world alight whilst hes been here.
Andrews- needs to be fitter
Moxey - centre half cover
Wright - worth persisting with for his experience @ this level
Lemonheigh Evans - my poy
Wynter - class act
Randell- will be a huge miss this year
Sherring - as Randell
Boden - we can do better than him
Kimpioka - may be worth another go
Dont know about anything of the 2 young first year pro's let go to comment.
Gary knows what he wants & it looks as if CO is backing him so let's all see.
I would agree with all the above with the exception of the Sunderland loanee, he runs around and tries but with no end product (goals). A bit of a headless chicken, reminds me of Keating.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Forgot Umerah - a barn door striker who is not getting anywhere near as much out of himself as his physique should allow.
Even when Wright was out he couldn't get near the starting lineup which should tell us all that he probably couldn't ( or wouldn't ) follow GJ's instructions hence why hes not being persisted with & more to the point other CF''s have more than likely been identified.
We all should know by now, present day, TUFC arent conducive to telling the world & his wife their business until THEY feel it necessary .
Patience is key & we'll all have to wait for official news, frustrating as it is, it's been this way for a while now .
As said elsewhere before, GJ wouldn't have signed a new deal if one hand was going to tied behind his back, we just have to trust the Torquay way.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

[quote=Teigngull post_id=257009 time=1625311684 user_id=24223]
Forgot Umerah

Easily done :whistle:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Andrews and Little, contract extensions confirmed
The gulls are going up
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Got to be happy that we have keep the nucleus of the side but being greedy I would have really liked to have seen Nemane in that retained list. Anybody have any news on his situation.

As for Whitfield, we could still be in luck - Any Swindon deal would have fallen through because of their Boardroom chaos and Bradford appear to have backed off due to medical (expect due to the injury he picked up in season). So where does he go from here?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Teigngull, you are being extremely critical with your view of last seasons squad, if they are as crocked, unfit, poor quality or we might just persevere with them as you suggest , then I will take that squad ,year in year out, I think they overachieved considering most had us as a mid table finish . We had a ten month season compressed into eight plus the FA and mickey mouse cup.
I think we all accept there were a number of games when players were brought back from injury too quick resulting in further lengthy absences, but remember that out of a squad of 23 starting the season, two were first year pros, two were crocked all season and at least two were lightweight fill ins that could not be relied on to give you 90 minutes.
Our mid season loans were poor quality but there were logical reasons for that.
We are a minimum, eight players short of a squad for the coming season, I would rather Johnson had done the majority of his business by now but I am sure it is not for want of trying, we have well known geographical and financial handicaps to signing the best players. I do not want to see the pre season games stacked with triallists playing out of their skin for a contract when they were never on our radar in the first place for very good reasons.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Wouldn't have bothered keeping Little.
When he was fit he was given plenty of chances but didn't have a decent game.
Waste of a contract.
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

I disagree. Little has had all-in-all a disappointing season but I think we can put some of that down to injuries and mane being pressed back into action a bit early. In the play-off final, I thought he was class and only outshone by Lewis and Cov. Far from a luxury player, at Ashton Gate, he never stopped harrying and hit some sublime knocks. If he stays fit, I think he’ll prove very important to our winning the league next season!
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

And while I’m on the Armani live-in, it appeared that he was doing a lot of the motivational leg work at Ashton Gate - encouraging and consoling - especially during pens. Vice-skipper potentially? Might relish the on-pitch responsibility.
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

That’s ‘love-in’ not ‘live-in’
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Culmstock Gull.
You say criticism I say it's a personal observation of what I've seen over the last season.
Opinions will vary but at least it'll keep the close season interesting.
I couldn't see what others saw in Elliot Benyon or Tony Bedeau for example, yes they scored a few but when you are brought up with the likes of Stevie Cooper, Alan Little & John Turner it's hard to see otherwise.