Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Myrie-Williams turned up at the Turnbull Ground (Whitby Town FC) as a substitute and, after coming on after only 15 minutes or so was, in the end, awarded their MoM.
Gloucester equalised in the 92nd minute - deeply disappointing!
Whitby officials are a little weak on Geography, saying to the Gloucester officials that ' they were only up the road from Exeter'.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Against all odds we won the replay 1-3. Stourbridge at home in the next round. Who knows? WTFC and TUFC could meet in the first round proper.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

wivelgull wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 10:24 Against all odds we won the replay 1-3. Stourbridge at home in the next round. Who knows? WTFC and TUFC could meet in the first round proper.
IF that happens, who will you support! ;-)
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

portugull wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 18:49 Dan Lavercombe is in goal tonight for AFC Fylde who lead Eastleigh 2-1 after 57 minutes.
Looks like his run in the first team might be over for now. Flyde have just signed Bradford's no. 2 Fraser Hornby on loan until January, and doubt they'd loan him out if he wasn't going to be starting games.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

That's a tricky one, Mr. Grockle. To be honest I'm not sure. I'd probably go along and keep quiet.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

wivelgull wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 16:11 That's a tricky one, Mr. Grockle. To be honest I'm not sure. I'd probably go along and keep quiet.
I was a season ticket holder at Spurs, in the pre-premiership days, and even travelled to Torquay on their official supporters coaches, when Torquay won 1-0. I was stood with the other Spurs fans, in the Babbacombe End, but must have been the only one on the coach who returned happy. No matter where I live, or who I watch, Torquay will always be my team! :scarf: :scarf:
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Kieffer Moore on target for Wales in Euro quals.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

That's Moore's first goal since MAY apparently but well done him and it's great to see :keepie: :clap:

". . . . . . . the might of Kieffer Moore, the giant Wales striker who has emerged from nowhere to suddenly become a unique threat for his national side.

At 27, the Wigan forward has had to wait for his chance in the international game. When he was trundling around the lower leagues, he would never have thought it would come. Yet here he was, leading the Welsh line on his second international appearance, flanked by Real Madrid and Manchester United forwards, and scoring the opening goal. If Juraj Kucka had not struck a fine equaliser for the hosts, it could have been an even sweeter night for him and his manager.

This first international goal capped a quite remarkable rise for Moore, who had worked his way up through the amateur ranks ⁠— via a part-time job as a lifeguard and an appearance for England’s C team ⁠— before making his Wales debut in a friendly last month. His header here was his first goal in any competition since he scored for Barnsley against Bristol Rovers in League One in May. “He occupies the two centre-halves and he gives us a different option,” said Giggs.
"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -slovakia/
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Elliot Romain having been released by Eastbourne earlier this week, has joined Dartford.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Brett Williams sent off, 10 mins after coming on as a 2nd half sub, playing for Weymouth at Eastbourne last night. :red:
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

"Billy Bodin has signed a new contract to keep him at Preston North End until the summer of 2021. The 27-year-old attacker, who was out of contract at the end of this season, has spent almost two years at Deepdale after moving from Bristol Rovers for an undisclosed fee in January 2018." :keepie:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50227578
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Billy Bodin was on the bench when PNE beat Charlton away 1=0 to go top of the Championship.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Luke Young volleyed home from 20 yards for Wrexham yesterday described as "goal of the month"
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Elliot Benyon playing for Oxford City against Hampton and Richmond yesterday until subbed in 2nd half. Apparently signed for them last month on non contract basis. :keepie: :goal:
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Was he subbed or did he fall over?