Ticket Allocations

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Ticket Allocations

Post by grockle »

According to league rules, if a match is all ticket, the away club is entitled to 10% of total tickets, or 600 tickets whichever is the greater (subject to safety ). This means that Bath, Chippenham, Woking have all exceeded their obligations to us. Let us hope, that if the St. Albans match is made all ticket they are as equally generous.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Unless they are expecting 4500 home fans or do not enjoy match-day income I suspect they just might...
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
STAFan
Trialist
Trialist

Post by STAFan »

St Albans fan here in peace... All ticket games at our place in recent years (both FA Cup First Round ties) have seen the attendance capped at around 3,500 and I don’t think this game will be that different. Hopefully we’ll still give you guys 1,500-2,000 tickets depending on sales.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

STAFan wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 11:44 St Albans fan here in peace... All ticket games at our place in recent years (both FA Cup First Round ties) have seen the attendance capped at around 3,500 and I don’t think this game will be that different. Hopefully we’ll still give you guys 1,500-2,000 tickets depending on sales.
What has happened to the 5007 capacity then?
STAFan
Trialist
Trialist

Post by STAFan »

grockle wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 12:19 What has happened to the 5007 capacity then?
I think the local safety group had a say in that.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Concorde Rangers state a capacity of 3,300 but no way could that many be safety be accommodated into that little stadium. I suspect it's the same at Chippenham. St Albans is more of a proper football stadium but I doubt that 5,000 could be safely accommodated. Bath set the limit at below their capacity but I think it was a wise decision.

Grounds that are fine for a few hundred may theoretically have space for many more, but in practice the safety of very much larger crowds has to be assessed and with segregation and taking into account state of maintenance, the safe figure will often be a fair bit lower.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

St Albans have announced our allocation i.e. 1,000. Ticket sales on the St Alban web-site for away supporters. I brought my ticket two days ago - ticket no 150, so I don't expect many to be left by the end of the week.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

If the next three games fall into place it might be a good idea to book online for Plainmoor!! You'd hope that we would open up the away end for home fans, but if we have a potential title winning game at Plainmoor I could see us selling out at least the Popside and Bristows.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Anyone know how to buy seat tickets for St Albans ?
Can't see any mention of seats
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

desperado wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 08:06 Anyone know how to buy seat tickets for St Albans ?
Can't see any mention of seats
According to their website, free transfers to seating once in the ground.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Thanks - get there early then and mad scramble for seats - ridiculous