Cyril Knowles

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Quality player in the lower leagues and would have stayed longer I'm sure but was homesick and wanted to go back up north. Was actually transfer listed during the 87 88 season but in the end saw it out. Can remember sat in the tolchads family stand with my dad a few seasons after he left and knocked in a goal playing for Scarborough...... really a bread and butter good old fashioned centre forward. Nothing spectacular but simply would finish of well and somehow could poke the ball away in the back of the net
DartShitehawk1969
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by DartShitehawk1969 »

wivelgull wrote: 24 Dec 2018, 17:49 re: Mr. Hector's remarks of two years ago about playing Scarborough. I well remember the home match against them. Indeed, to this day when the ball is hoofed over the stand (well, it's bigger now, of course) it called 'doing a Scarborough'.
Great manager and great times under Cyril Knowles.
Does anyone remember the Torquay United fanzine at the time which had an advert for the "Scarborough boot"
in?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

DartShitehawk1969 wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 08:04 Great manager and great times under Cyril Knowles.
Does anyone remember the Torquay United fanzine at the time which had an advert for the "Scarborough boot"
in?
There was a fanzine called ‘Mission Impossible’ around Cyril’s time. I think Tony Jordan was behind it, so it may have been that one as Haydn’s ‘Bamber’s Right Foot’ was obviously 2 or 3 years later.