Gordon Oliver Open Forum Tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Here are 'sketches' of the supposed stadium plans from what looks like the back of a fag packet.

samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

It is absolutely astounding that a developer backed up by the mayor would put forward drawings such as this. It is amateurish beyond belief. Craigs fag packet description is spot on. What annoys me about all this is that GI and now the mayor are treating the hoi polloi as persons of limited intelligence easily won over by their blandishments. It was a year ago that Mr. Osborne said we would be in a new stadium in 3 years. If he put the planning application in on the day he said it, it would have been impossible to achieve that target. And now this rubbish. I am still at a loss to work out what the game plan is, I think there are considerable machinations going on behind the scene between GI, the mayor and probably other money orientated players we are not even aware of yet. None of whom give a rats arse about the club. Thanks also to the people who have reported back so quickly, most helpful.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Concur - whole thing looks shambolic and thrown together. CO/GI should just move on and leave Torbay free of their unfortunate ideas!
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

So the plan is to have a couple of stands that are able to be "pushed" aside... And people to be standing on the pitch during concerts. The groundsman will be happy with that...
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

rickl wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 07:20 So the plan is to have a couple of stands that are able to be "pushed" aside... And people to be standing on the pitch during concerts. The groundsman will be happy with that...
I have stood with thousands of others on the pitches at the Oval cricket ground in Kennington and The Valley football ground (Charlton Athletic) watching music concerts - and that was in the days when they did not have the techniques we have today to look after pitches (or indeed artificial pitches which really all clubs should have now that they have improved considerably from the 50 feet bounce days!).
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

If you thought the sketches were bad you should of heard the drivel that Osborne and the Mayor spouted.
Not to mention the slide show not working.

The best bits were :

The Mayor saying "this is the first time I have seen these plans" and then lo and behold there is him and CO writing about them within the slide show.

CO then states that the investment will be in the region of £40 million - and that will be re-couped in 3 to 5 years !!!!

Darren Cowell asked why, and was appalled by the lack of communication between GI/CO and the residents, the community leaders and the councillors.........up steps one of Osborne's sidekicks and replies...."that's exactly what we are planning"

The Mayor when questioned by the TUST then refused to be drawn on Plainmoor, simply saying "keep Plainmoor out of the equation.

The coup de gras was the sickening handclapping and cheering from a part of the audience which included none other than Dave Phillips

I left angry and pissed off that there are still mugs believing this tripe.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Just a bunch of total charlatans. Every time CO makes a statement he seems to insult Torbay and TUFC. He is not to be trusted.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MF68 wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 08:53 If you thought the sketches were bad you should of heard the drivel that Osborne and the Mayor spouted.
Not to mention the slide show not working.

The best bits were :

The Mayor saying "this is the first time I have seen these plans" and then lo and behold there is him and CO writing about them within the slide show.

CO then states that the investment will be in the region of £40 million - and that will be re-couped in 3 to 5 years !!!!

Darren Cowell asked why, and was appalled by the lack of communication between GI/CO and the residents, the community leaders and the councillors.........up steps one of Osborne's sidekicks and replies...."that's exactly what we are planning"

The Mayor when questioned by the TUST then refused to be drawn on Plainmoor, simply saying "keep Plainmoor out of the equation.

The coup de gras was the sickening handclapping and cheering from a part of the audience which included none other than Dave Phillips

I left angry and pissed off that there are still mugs believing this tripe.
Dave Phillips was there in support? Well theres a surprise, never trust a bookie! Was Chris Roberts or that **** of a Chairman from Thea's last days there too?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

Only one member of staff from TUFC was present to support their Chairman.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

torregull wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 10:57 Only one member of staff from TUFC was present to support their Chairman.
Which one was that? Mel Hayman by any chance!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

and who was that?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Farcical!
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

Richinns wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 11:07 Which one was that? Mel Hayman by any chance!
Patrick Tinkler
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Like i said. Bent as f**k. The whole lot. Nowt anyone can do sadly.

Osborne is simply a genius for working out just how easily certain people can be manipulated. Hats off to the bloke i say. If there i no resistance or upholding of morals from those who are able to put a stop to this then he's free to do what he likes and so it looks like everyone will get what they want in the end.

Apart from Torquay fans that is.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

torregull wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 13:55 Patrick Tinkler
say no more...