Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Romain was never going to happen surely?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

MellowYellow wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 05:14 If it is George Essuman he has only played in one match for Dover across two seasons having joined them from Ryman League North side VCD Athletic. 1st season he was shipped out to Oxford City (5 games) and the following season to relegated Whitehawk (10 games - of which in his last two, the opposition scored 9 goals). The fact he is younger than my son, who I would not trust to defend a herd of goats, does not necessarily make him a bad player - His attributes are, he is a young 21 year old, 6ft 4in, and athletic, but fairly inexperienced. Promotional material player or bog average regional player? I'll let others decide. All that said, if it is him I will give him a rousing welcome and my full vocal support.
Two loan spells at Margate last season also.

http://www.margate-fc.co.uk/news/11-apr ... cond-Spell
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

On the NewsNow site, the only TUFC news is 'James White Signs For The Gulls' - the 'Gulls' in this case being Canvey Island!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Forget all the bullshit as we slid out of national football. We are currently full time but the signings tell the truth we are at low budget operation.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Signings? Only one so far Bobson Bawling. Reid is on contract while the other two were already on the books. And we're still waiting confirmation of the two this weekend. So it seems premature to be making judgments.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

You forgot Williams and Sokolik. That aside, making judgements is entertaining during this transition period. We are, of course, all hoping for quality players higher than the described 'bog average national league standard' of Luke Young. but in reality I think most fear they will be below his standard namely 'boggier than boggier'. So enjoy the fun whilst it lasts because when judgement day does come we may well find ourselves left with just a 'tumbleweed forum'.
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by MrTee75 »

IIts looking for likely we'll have a standard or upper standard NLS squad together,like I said I'm the week,I'd take a mid table finish now,Sokolik is half decent but comes to us with an injury past, Bawling is an unknown really,but past season he's hardly played,and now we have Owers or rumours circulating that Pittman and Gowling would be welcome,yet Owers wanted his own players in,Davis and Dorel would be good re-signins,but can't see it happening,nor Romain,I do believe Keating, Williams and Reid would be fine in NLS,,but it's looking like we are now in the bargain basement section of potential new signings,this lad from Dover maybe a rough diamond,but I'm not so sure,then again, perhaps this is Owers market now,his hands maybe tied,we are so far down the food chain now-i can't see any decent loanee's wanting to come here.Personally I would of had a look at a few Taunton or Tivvy players,both clubs last season did really well.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Confirmed: George Essuman has been signed:

https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-u ... e-essuman/
TUST member 203
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Keating also confirmed.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

divingbboy wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 19:36 Confirmed: George Essuman has been signed:

https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-u ... e-essuman/
An athletic defender? I would hope he is. I'd be concerned if we signed a rotund one.

Owers says he's a player he can try to improve. I'm just wondering how many players Owers and Kuhl improved last year. Anyone?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

There are two sides to a coin, so let's flip it and look at the positives:

Firstly, in NLS terms we are not a low cost budget operation, Osbourne love him or hate, has to his credit allocated suffient funds to make us a promotion contender and keep the club full-time and fully professional.

On players to date:

Bawling is far from unknown having had played 50 matches at football league level with Crawley Town until his move to Working resulted in a nasty injury. At 22 years could be a real find.

Sololik is more than half-decent, I think we will find him to be a top class central defender in the NLS. With 45 games with Yeovil and 20 with Argyle under his belt and still only 24 this could been seen as great signing.

Williams we all know what he is capable of and I think his skill will be invaluable at this level and if he can find his goal scoring touch - then well be on a roll.

Gowling (for his all bemoners) is nonetheless a seasoned player and his experience has to be a valuable asset, if we intend to be promotion contender

Reid! there must be a book for Owers to read on 'How to unlock potential'. Reid frustrate me in that he is so gifted and talented and yet for whatever reason never seems to apply the end product. You can't question his pace or work-rate. At this level he should be able to run amok with the opposition, so I am going to stick my neck on the block and say this is going to be his glorious season.

Pittman - he's here because he's here - not sure what else to say.

Cant believe I just said all that - phew! better go and have a lay down.

EDIT: Essuman signs - big, strong, athletic defender only 21, inexperianced but has potential.

Glad to hear Owers wants to blend young with experiance.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Let me help you out in your happy world Mellow. Pittman scored a lot for Harrogate at this level in,16-17. Keep taking the pills!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Dazza wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 20:09 Let me help you out in your happy world Mellow. Pittman scored a lot for Harrogate at this level in,16-17. Keep taking the pills!
Yes I am aware and as in a previous message questioned how last season he could not work his way into a non-scoring team crying out for a goal scorer. Pills are good but answers are better.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 09 Jun 2018, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have been looking at Jon Paul Pittmans career record.
Very experienced player with 348 appearances and 91 goals. Appeared in Grimsby Play Off Finals in 2015 and 2016.
In NLS he should do well but the issue seems to be that Gary Owers is not happy with him. I remember he missed an absolute sitter right at the end of one away game which obviously did not help his reputation.
If Owers decides to give him one more chance Williams, Pittman ,Reid and Keating should at NLS level give us some firepower and I agree with MellowYellow Reid could at long last score the goals his ability deserves. A very frustrating player but I for one am happy to give him one more chance to save his career.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

We need a big forward up front to batter opposition centre halves - none of the current contingent are able to do that. Seems all are a little lightweight which does not auger well for the hustle and bustle of SL.