Gary Owers: In or Out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Gary Owers: In or Out?

In
18%
Out
82%

Total votes: 471

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

gullpower wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 19:42 If he was capable of getting us out of the National League South he wouldn’t have got us into it .
:goodpost:
Wise words gullpower, sums it all up in one short sentence.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jerry wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 19:40 Any particular reason why you feel the need to make everything into a personal attack? it's the same with Owers, why can't you stick to commenting on their failures as managers (no disagreement on this from me) without all the unpleasant nonsense?
It's because people don't take responsibility for failure and people don't consider others.

If Owers had apologized after Hartlepool, admitted he'd failed and then resigned then he would have earned a little bit of respect from me, but they never do. I am aware that he is under no obligation to do any of the above but they SHOULD. They come in to do a job and they get paid and they all fail and have total disregard for what they put others through whilst there and the legacy they've left once they've gone.

It shouldn't be tolerated yet it always is.

If he'd had have done his job properly in the first place then we wouldn't be having this exchange of views which tells it's own story.

All i ask is that a manager comes in and does what they are expected to do. If they don't and actually do even worse then it is reasonable to expect their apology and resignation. That is what i don't like about human nature. No acceptance of responsibility or self sacrifice for when THEY have failed. It's always about self preservation and this isn't how people are supposed to be.

So i can have my views and have valid reasons for personal attacks because these people deserve it!!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 20:01 That is what i don't like about human nature... It's always about self preservation and this isn't how people are supposed to be.
Self-preservation is the First Law of Nature
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Looks like you got that right Mellow but just imagine how different the world would be if it wasn't. We all have the ability to override our selfish tendencies and do the right thing.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 23 Apr 2018, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Gary if you had any shred of decency, self respect and dignity then you would admit you arent up to it, you failed spectacularly and you would resign and f**k off right now. :no:

So, f**k off Gary. :@
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

chunkygull wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 22:19 Gary if you had any shred of decency, self respect and dignity then you would admit you arent up to it, you failed spectacularly and you would resign and f**k off right now. :no:

So, f**k off Gary. :@
For added clarity Chunkygull - did you vote 'In' or 'Out'.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

MellowYellow wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 22:35 For added clarity Chunkygull - did you vote 'In' or 'Out'.
I think he’s a ‘maybe’.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

BBC SPORT ARTICLE:

Gary Owers: Torquay United fans question manager's future after relegation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43864143
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Rjc70 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 22:40 I think he’s a ‘maybe’.
I'd have said he was an "in".
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

In response to the OP.
Get your f*cking coat.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

LaPotato
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: None

Post by LaPotato »

If he was to leave/get sacked.

Who would be available?

And out of the ones available who would actually want the job in the state we are currently?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

LaPotato wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 12:12 If he was to leave/get sacked.

Who would be available?

And out of the ones available who would actually want the job in the state we are currently?
Dont worry LaPotato he is not leaving, well not until he has the keys to his new house at No1, Osborne Way, Plainmoor Estate, Torquay.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Of the 53 (currently) that have voted for Owers to stay, would any be willing to explain why.

Would be good to have an alternative viewpoint.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Because they are too trusting despite all evidence that suggests they shouldn't be.

Yeah, being trusting. Admirable qualities. Like that's worked well. :-/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 14:06 Of the 53 (currently) that have voted for Owers to stay, would any be willing to explain why.
Dyslexia !