Osborne Sells Up..... To Masters?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

goody2449 wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 14:26 For the stubborn, ignorant people that believe money grows on trees, that persist on bringing irrelevant headlines about the current TUFC owners, who have paid a mere £455 grand into the club up to last June, making it one of a handful of Football clubs in our current league in the black rather than red, like the previous owners put us in, i have a question. How else were the bills, wages gonna be paid???

Of course, he's going to put money in, and expect something in return in the future, it's called BASIC BUSINESS! And he is a businessman!!

We all had the opportunity to buy the club, he put his hand in his pocket, nobody else was willing to!!!
Hahahahaha in the black, you having a laugh!

So Clarke or Geoff which ever one you are, get lost!
TUST MEMBER
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Neal wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 15:04 [highlight=yellow]Hahahahaha in the black, you having a laugh![/highlight]

[highlight=yellow]So Clarke or Geoff which ever one you are, get lost![/highlight]
People on here are pathetic!!!!

So will Chelsea have to pay back the billions Abramovich has plowed into the club?
Will Man City have to pay back the billions Qatar has plowed into the club?
Will Plymouth have to pay back the Millions James Brent has plowed into the club?
Will Sutton have to pay back the Thousands/millions Bruce Elliot has plowed into the club?

The list is endless!!!! Of course, if he wants to get his money back, he's entitled too!!! Where were you when you could have bought the club for £1??? But I imagine like me, you couldn't afford the monthly upkeep!!!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Nobody was offered the club for a £. He called in GI’s loan and took it over.
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Rjc70 wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 15:31 Nobody was offered the club for a £. He called in GI’s loan and took it over.
Actually I think you will find that Thea sold it for £1
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Rjc70 wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 15:31 Nobody was offered the club for a £. He called in GI’s loan and took it over.
That the loan that kept us out of administration?? :-/
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Perhaps. Perhaps not. You might be right. I don’t know or necessarily believe everything Dave Phillips said at that time as he was being held over a barrel and tried to reassure that Osborne and Co wouldn’t be taking over soon before they did.

I’m sure you won’t be calling everyone pathetic when you see what his loans to TUFC eventually do to TUFC. I think you know that, despite all the ‘it’s business’ spiel. We both know he would rather have secured them against the freehold by now.

I won’t be thankful to Osborne for anything as he has already killed one of the clubs I supported amid a promise of a new stadium, so you won’t get much of a debate here as I’m one of your ‘pathetic’ ones, I’m afraid.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

goody2449 wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 15:24 People on here are pathetic!!!!

So will Chelsea have to pay back the billions Abramovich has plowed into the club?
Will Man City have to pay back the billions Qatar has plowed into the club?
Will Plymouth have to pay back the Millions James Brent has plowed into the club?
Will Sutton have to pay back the Thousands/millions Bruce Elliot has plowed into the club?

The list is endless!!!! Of course, if he wants to get his money back, he's entitled too!!! Where were you when you could have bought the club for £1??? But I imagine like me, you couldn't afford the monthly upkeep!!!!

Just because you've had your knuckles rapped a few times on here doesn't make the rest of us pathetic, just more enlightened about the financial implications than you obviously are.

You won't get far shouting others down until you have more facts to back up your argument. There's plenty of evidence to suggest your position is the pathetic one rather than anyone elses. You'd do well to research the subject of loans to clubs and the peril it puts them in.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

As the saying goes,beware the wolf in sheep's clothing!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 17:27 You won't get far shouting others down until you have more facts to back up your argument. There's plenty of evidence to suggest your position is the pathetic one rather than anyone elses. You'd do well to research the subject of loans to clubs and the peril it puts them in.
When those who haven't the capacity to look beyond the veneer but then don't like/understand the message from those that do they shout down the messenger ~ it's the old bark, bollock and bawl of the parade ground expecting people to unquestioningly accept the bullshit that is fed them.

There has been enough research, dilligent investigation and research done into Clarke Osborne and his three decades of malignant involvement with sporting institutions to provide the supporters of this club with all they need to make their judgement. Let them make their own individual judgement; they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

It's the unquestioning acceptance of the image of those who want to purvey it by far too many of the supporters aided and abetted by a tame press that lead to the club being outwardly successful under Paul Buckle but with absolutely no sustainable business plan to support it beyond benevolence; gullible acceptance that Thea Bristows' exit strategy involved merely passing the club on with 'no debt' withiout taking the liability aspect into consideration and this latest manifestation of naiveity as shown on here this afternoon.

In pointing these facets out, one invites all sorts of insult and abuse from those who take it upon themselves to attack the messenger rather than the message and this plays right into the hands of 'slow burn' developers like Clarke Osborne who has yet to be taken to task by the local media over his involvement with Bristol Rovers, Hereford United, Reading Speedway and other sporting institutions that have bitten the dust over these thirty years. There is decade plus long story unfolding at Swindon Speedway to acquaint themselves with, but obviously this has been ignored too.

Never mind; let's carry on as those with a modicum of concern over this to be labelled stubborn, ignorant and pathetic; by someone who can't read a balance sheet; who thinks that acquiring a business by calling in a loan is 'buying it'.

There's nothing more one can do if the reader insists on being knuckle headed and one can only hope there is enough impact in the message to influence and motivate those who will make the all important decisions about freehold, movement to a hypothetical new stadium that could be decades away and not even at the identification of site stageg let alone planning applications and the inevitable objections from interested parties that this will inevitably attract.

Yes; those who do think that way would do well to research the subject of loans to clubs and the peril it puts them in; but I'm not so sure they would really understand what they were discovering.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

I’m big enough and ugly enough to accept a wrap on the knuckles dave, I’ve had a lot worse in the past! I won’t get into another boring tit for tat, but certain people need to get the fact I’m in the army and probably stood on a parade ground a handful of times out of their system, it’s boring, and just as a side note, I’m not a knuckle head thick squaddie Merse, I have a Masters in Electrical Engineering and I’m currently studying for an MBA in my spare time!!

Why do I need to research anything, “people” on here happily copy and paste half of what they read online anyway. Balance sheet or not, loan or bought outright, it doesn’t matter, he owns the club. Whether you, i or anyone else likes it. I say again, we all had the opportunity in the past to purchase the club, no one other than Clarke Osbourne did!!

His past is there for all to see, but really, who would want to buy a house in Plainmoor anyway? If he wanted to build houses he would buy nightingale park, or one of the other sites around the bay.

My point all along is that it doesn’t make business sense to purchase TUfC and run it in to the ground, as Merse rightly says, this is my opinion, and unlike Merse I’m happy for people to have differing opinions to myself, without having to resort to petty back handed comments