Who stays next season?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

The first signing I would be looking at would be an experienced head in the middle. Much like what Hargreaves was under buckle.

A strong backbone to the team is needed (I know some believe a backbone fullstop for some players...).

I don’t think it’s too much to EXPECT a full time team to be near the top when the majority of the league being part time. That’s not disrespectful to the others, it’s just logical.
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

All of the players who are currently on 2 year deals, I’d happily welcome back next season.

Clarke would be a great option in goal as he’s got the experience, and should do well at that level given his age.

We all know that Gowlings a great defender, but his injury record is pretty worrying. If we can keep him fit then obviously he would be great at that level.

Same goes for Pittman and Keating, neither have fully featured this year but again conference south shouldn’t be a real test for either of them. I think Reid is on a 2 year deal too but not sure? He could also be an option next season.

On paper that’s quite a nice handful of players who could do the business next year if we go down. Obviously a big summer of recruitment is needed and some more experienced players will do nicely, but realistically we should be looking at automatic promotion if we’re remaining full time. Minimum play offs, anything less is a disgrace.

Agree that midfield needs to be a priority, too many times we’ve been bullied around the middle this season.

Also anyone know how Chaneys getting on at white hawk?
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

GoodringtonGull wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 20:21 All of the players who are currently on 2 year deals, I’d happily welcome back next season.

Clarke would be a great option in goal as he’s got the experience, and should do well at that level given his age.

We all know that Gowlings a great defender, but his injury record is pretty worrying. If we can keep him fit then obviously he would be great at that level.

Same goes for Pittman and Keating, neither have fully featured this year but again conference south shouldn’t be a real test for either of them. I think Reid is on a 2 year deal too but not sure? He could also be an option next season.

On paper that’s quite a nice handful of players who could do the business next year if we go down. Obviously a big summer of recruitment is needed and some more experienced players will do nicely, but realistically we should be looking at automatic promotion if we’re remaining full time. Minimum play offs, anything less is a disgrace.

Agree that midfield needs to be a priority, too many times we’ve been bullied around the middle this season.

Also anyone know how Chaneys getting on at white hawk?
I think your a wind up merchant mate, Pittman, Gowling Ckarke are on a 2 season jolly thanks to the inability of previous management to determine what constitutes a fit for purpose player.
Keating I'm afraid is always going to come up short even at NLS level.
And as for your 'welcome back' scenario , what are you welcoming them to ? A feckin picnic in the sun ?
Get real for god sake, FIT FOR PURPOSE PLAYERS for the division we're playing, in none of the current squad fit that description apart from maybe 3, Dorel, Williams & Romain if he can be persuaded.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I agree with Teigngulls assessment but I can't see Dorel, Williams or Romain wanting to stay to be honest. Dorel is surely too good for NLS, Romain will surely fancy chancing his arm higher up, and as for Williams I don't know.
Clarke and Gowling are not fit for purpose, we couldn't keep them fit this season, its going to be more difficult this coming season as they are older. Pittman is useless and Keating is limited.

Put it another way, just because the players, managers and general manager were crap in the NLP doesn't mean they are going to be any good in NLS either.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 07:05 Clarke and Gowling are not fit for purpose, we couldn't keep them fit this season, its going to be more difficult this coming season as they are older. Pittman is useless and Keating is limited.
The words 'fit' and purpose' are laughable in the cases of Gowling and Clarke ~ rarely fit and no purpose at all if you ask me!

No sooner were they here than they were crying off sick; a loanee keeper had to be brought in because the other keeper Nicholson signed was a joke and before we knew it we were watching Lavercombe getting beaten by his opposite number in the Solihull home game ~ a six pointer that even then could well turn out to be fatal for us. Thankfully, Robbie Herrera listened to Plymouth Argyle and made Dorel an offer.....what a signing and Lavercombe went back to play for Wigan's third team!

Meanwhile Clarke and Gowling still had their feet up bringing **** all to the cause although Gowling loved to pose in the technical area pointing into the distance and scratching his furrowed brow (he does a lot of that doesn't he) ~ anything but get his boots dirty and play.

'He's not the player I thought he was' were the words used by a manager to me last week about Pittman and the look of bewwilderment on his team mates faces says all about the use Keating is to the cause.......well meaning maybe; but (let's say) unorthodox and unreadable; hence he's hardly ever selected.

.........and you want to keep these characters next season?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

merse btpir wrote: 25 Mar 2018, 09:09 The words 'fit' and purpose' are laughable in the cases of Gowling and Clarke ~ rarely fit and no purpose at all if you ask me!

No sooner were they here than they were crying off sick; a loanee keeper had to be brought in because the other keeper Nicholson signed was a joke and before we knew it we were watching Lavercombe getting beaten by his opposite number in the Solihull home game ~ a six pointer that even then could well turn out to be fatal for us. Thankfully, Robbie Herrera listened to Plymouth Argyle and made Dorel an offer.....what a signing and Lavercombe went back to play for Wigan's third team!

Meanwhile Clarke and Gowling still had their feet up bringing **** all to the cause although Gowling loved to pose in the technical area pointing into the distance and scratching his furrowed brow (he does a lot of that doesn't he) ~ anything but get his boots dirty and play.

'He's not the player I thought he was' were the words used by a manager to me last week about Pittman and the look of bewwilderment on his team mates faces says all about the use Keating is to the cause.......well meaning maybe; but (let's say) unorthodox and unreadable; hence he's hardly ever selected.

.........and you want to keep these characters next season?
Are they on two year contracts?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

As far as I know yes.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Those under contract will stay, whether we want them to or not. The small number of players who we might like to keep will definitely not want to drop down to the NLS which leaves us with probably enough for a 5-a-side team.

Sadly we are already in the territory of signing players on single year contracts and so every summer will see a complete overhaul of the squad. The lack of consistency amongst the playing staff will prevent any form of momentum.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Burnhamgull wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 20:24 Those under contract will stay, whether we want them to or not. The small number of players who we might like to keep will definitely not want to drop down to the NLS which leaves us with probably enough for a 5-a-side team.

Sadly we are already in the territory of signing players on single year contracts and so every summer will see a complete overhaul of the squad. The lack of consistency amongst the playing staff will prevent any form of momentum.
The players we have been lumbered with for next season are the perfect argument as to why 12 month contracts has to be the way ahead - for now anyway. My guess is CO will only fund full time football for 12 months anyway
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Wouldn't it be standard to either have reduced terms after relegation or indeed the club could terminate the contract. Makes you wonder if this isn't the case then it bleeding well should have been for the 2 year contractors with how some of them have played !
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 26 Mar 2018, 20:49 Wouldn't it be standard to either have reduced terms after relegation or indeed the club could terminate the contract. Makes you wonder if this isn't the case then it bleeding well should have been for the 2 year contractors with how some of them have played !
To be accurate "how some of them have played" should be "how they haven't played": Clarke, Pittman, Klukowski have started around 20 games in total between them while Gowling has missed more matches than he's played. Common factor they share? All on two year contracts.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 18:25 Noone is suggesting that we will walk the league but surely we should be up around the top.

I actually know nothing about the NLS but looking at the teams I guess it is nowhere as strong as the northern half. I've watched a few highlights of Truro's matches and I will believe the evidence of my own eyes in that they look bloody awful and if they are in the play off positions there cannot be much quality there.

I'm not trying to rubbish Truro at all but they don't appear to have any defence whatsoever - did someone suggest getting Gerring back? - if so watch a few of their match highlights - you would soon change your mind.

As for Young/Mcginty or whoever - well I wouldn't really be too bothered if they went really.
Comes to something when I'm agreeing with Brucie!

There is a massive gap between NLS and NLN. We will be the first former Football League club to ever play in the NLS. As Brucie says, just look at Truro and their position in the league to see the quality. We *should* absolutely destroy it.

As for who to keep, well as others have said, we have a half-decent spine, we need to add some quality around it.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

PhilGull wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 14:16

As for who to keep, well as others have said, we have a half-decent spine, we need to add some quality around it.
Don't get the optimism at all. Perhaps the only half decent players we have are Dorel romaine possibly young possibly McGinty. I would reckon any of those would leave if offered something better by another club. The players on two year deals are ALL fecking useless.

So for starters we have to find a whole new squad. Throw into that mix the fact that neither Owers, harrop or hedges have demonstrated they have the slightest clue as how to go about this and I would say we have a problem.

Playing in a 6000 capacity stadium, or white elephant, isnt going to guarantee anything.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Looking at the squad for next season. I reckon sign Martin Kuhl son to play in the midfield that will solve all the issues. Keep Williams, get romain to help Keating up top there's you front free. Gints will go sadly leaves gowling at the back maybe look at getting Jamie hutching's back or Kirtz Mckenckie to have that left footed option. Finally make use of the Bristol city link and get some of there players in to cover rest of the outfield. Will have Clarke and Osborn as goalies due to being on two year deals, providing Osborn isn't still in school next year and his parents allows him to play with aduilts