Maidstone v Torquayunited 10/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

This result has made me more angry than any other this season and there have been several contenders
I await reports from people there but apparently the defence was a shambles first half and Gowling made a
big difference second half, get more experience in !! Not , Dowling, Lemon Evans, Barnes etc, maybe players
for the future but inconsistent and make mistakes, yet Owers was watching an under 23 game midweek, more
young players are not the answer ! and I dont think Owers and Kuhl are the answer ! They have made a pigs ear
of this, but what the hell does the owner care
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Burnhamgull wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 20:08 We are a mild mannered, pleasant, nice family oriented, supporter base. That's why we will all stand by and watch Osborne take what he wants and hide behind our keyboards.
Exactly!
That's why we are being pissed & shat on from a great height by the puppet master & his jumping sock puppet.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

CO will be here next season. Owers and Kuhl will be here next season. Half the shit who call themselves footballers may be here next season and lots of fans will be there next season.

Nothing changes but the league the club is in until suddenly there is no club.

No doubt fans would try and buy a season ticket even then. ;-)
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Set up to win ~ we lose
set up not to lose ~ they win

Gary Owers sent his side out to play 3-5-2; and they did ~ with wingbacks who didn't have the pace to finish the opposition off. If Jay Saunders sent his team out to do the same you could have fooled me; they lined up 5-3-2 ~ a plan to avoid defeat at all costs.......and then they went and won it!

Why did they win it? Because yet again Luke Young allowed the midfield to play on the back foot in the second half and his young team mates Dowling and Lemonheigh-Evans in that department received no leadership, no guidance and simply aped his manner and handed the initiative to the home team. Williams and Romain didn't get a decent service all day and we're going down with a whimper.

I watched both halves close up from the left hand touchline as we were going forward ~ the first within earshot of Owers and Kuhl and the second from across the pitch. This team can't even carry out instructions; McGinty ~ whilst his individual play in possession was good ~ he is a crap communicator and Sofilik doesn't know what the hell his team mate is doing. Hence they were accident prone and often going for the same ball. The decision making was terrible and then we come to Barnes; not a right wingback this guy with more poor decision making and as for Davis, well he's on a fully paid up holiday. Hasn't got a change of pace in him and therefore no threat going forward and whilst Young would be so effective in between the lines; he doesn't go there but opts to stay in those lines and more often the one behind rather than the one in front. He's a midfield eunuch!

Gowling came on for Sofolik at half time and whilst he mops up well his heading is dreadful more often than not back heading crosses to God know's where and a real weakness in the air as a result...I guess he was out there to talk to people and generally put in a bit of a show before his next spell out injured.

If it hadn't been for Dorell it would have been three-nil before they scored the inevitable late winner and even then Pittman contrived to miss so badly it look deliberate; he spun into space inside the box and with the goal at his mercy, he somehow dragged his shot wide and with it, any chance United had of getting something from the match or indeed of setting up any sort of #greatescape3.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

What the hell is the point of a post like that Andy.? We are all very very aware of the threat to the club. I really don't understand.

It's depressing enough reaching this point - without banal comments of this nature.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Dazza wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 20:40 What the hell is the point of a post like that Andy.? We are all very very aware of the threat to the club. I really don't understand.

It's depressing enough reaching this point - without banal comments of this nature.
Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinions Dazza.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

It's inevitable so let's grasp the opportunities of, for once in many years, of the possibility of being in the top half of a league. Let's hope National South is going to be our lowest ever ebb in living memory.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

If Gowling wasn't fit enough to come on at half time he should have started

And why Lemonhead started is beyond me, useless.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Owers was appointed as he lacked the experience to keep us up and would achieve the relegation that Osbourne required, he's just about done it.

He will be kept on to do the same next season.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I've spoken with Owers several times; there's no way he wants the club to be relegated.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

6667GULL wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 21:24 Owers was appointed as he lacked the experience to keep us up and would achieve the relegation that Osbourne required, he's just about done it.

He will be kept on to do the same next season.
That's just conjecture. If Osborne required a relegation why not just stick with Herrera after sacking Nicholson. Things would have run far more smoothly for Osborne if the team had managed to tread water in mid table. If the fan base is kept sweet then the owner can quietly get on with his machinations, upset the fan base then you get some of those fans digging into the owners background (see the beyond the Penn inn roundabout forum).
No I don't think Owers is here to do Osborne's dirty work, I just think he is someone unlucky enough to have been given an opportunity that is beyond his capabilities.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

nickbrod wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 21:38 I've spoken with Owers several times; there's no way he wants the club to be relegated.
Do you think he'd tell you if he did?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I never thought I would say this and I hate saying it. Are the players on a bonus TO LOSE?
Davis gives away a 94th minute penalty against Sutton and according to merse who was at the match today Pittman had an open goal in the last minute and made it look like he missed deliberately.
I have tried to be positive about my team who I have watched man and boy but this collection of so called professional footballers are not fit to wear the shirt. I really begin to question whether I want to watch this bunch of losers any more.
At the end of the season any club thinking of signing any of this lot should think again.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

After the two shocking home performances, then two weeks of not playing. Did we think it was possible to come back a different team. Maidstone must have been thinking thank god we have Torquay so we can end this miserable run. 3 defeats in a row is relegation form. The relegation has been on the cards for the last 2 seasons, Hover over the trap door long enough and you are sure to fall through. We are a very poor team with very poor players, Owners fault? yes. Manager out of his depth? Yes. The concern is we really might struggle in the conference league south. This team is so shockingly bad its is depressing. is anything going to change I very much doubt it. Lets just hope we go down with some dignity.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I don't see how deliberately losing and getting relegated serves Osborne's cause. If we accept that Osborne is here to try and do a property development job, how does getting the club closed down help him?
If the club was liquidated before Osborne got his hands on the freehold the lease would revert back to the council, not stay with Osborne. Even if the council then decided to dispose of plainmoor Osborne would then have to compete against other bidders.