Can we Survive. Review of Remaining Fixtures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

With the fixtures as they are; it's eminently 'do-able'.........if only we had the players to do it.

Go on lads; prove me wrong!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Good point merse.
Prove us wrong
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

It's about consistency though isn't it.

Sure it's possible that the team can string a couple of wins together as they have done now and then this season but it's the 3,4, 5 games after these good results which always seem to yield the odd draw but mostly defeats that is the problem. Most games from now on in need to be won and that just isn't going to happen given this pattern of results.

We could win 4 or 5 more games before the season is out but it's still not enough as Owers, CO and the players have given themselves far too much to do.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Easier run in than the past two seasons, however we're not going to do it, this is it for us. Owers and Kuhl couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. For all his faults, at least Nicho could muster up a decent last 10 matches run in (it was the other 2/3rds of the season that was a problem).
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yes I know I am bonkers but just consider this. Sat 10th Win at Maidstone last minute goal.
Sat 17th Win at Solihull 2-1. Sat 24th Beat Guiseley at Plainmoor 2-0.
What would be the odds on survival then? Could happen remember we are famous for great escapes. COYY.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

portugull wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 15:18 Yes I know I am bonkers but just consider this. Sat 10th Win at Maidstone last minute goal.
What would be the odds on survival then? Could happen remember we are famous for great escapes. COYY.
If that happened then we'd be on 36 points, still in the bottom 4 due to Barrow et al having a far superior goal difference. Also your bonkers idea has to factor in that Barrow won't pick up ANY points in THEIR next 3 as well as the other 2 they have in hand. On top of that factor in that other teams above and below might go on runs too.

We need 4 wins in a row at it stands to leapfrog Barrow and that's not going to happen. Also what isn't going to happen is Barrow not picking up any further points in their next 4 plus games in hand even if we did win 4 in a row.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

No reason why we can't win all eleven games and be safe....... apart from the lack of talent, desire and sheer bloodymindedness not to be beaten on the pitch. Factor in the apparent lack of ability to motivate from the dugout.....And don't forget the couldn't care less attitude of the absentee owner and his pantomime stooge. How can we fail?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yorkieandy I made no claims that we would be out of the bottom 4 BUT if we won these 3 games and had 36 points with 8 games to go we WOULD have a chance. I know it is unlikely but in Football you never know.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Indeed portugull but presumably you are thinking that Barrow won't pick up a single point in the 3 games they play whilst we are playing ours PLUS their 2 in hand? If we win the next 3 and Barrow lose their next 3 and they also lose the two in hand (highly unlikely) then yes, it's possible but we aren't going to win 3 in a row and Barrow won't lose 5 in a row.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 17:50 Indeed portugull but presumably you are thinking that Barrow won't pick up a single point in the 3 games they play whilst we are playing ours PLUS their 2 in hand? If we win the next 3 and Barrow lose their next 3 and they also lose the two in hand (highly unlikely) then yes, it's possible but we aren't going to win 3 in a row and Barrow won't lose 5 in a row.
Guiesley v barrow on Tuesday will be an interesting match
Lucy
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

portugull wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 15:18 Yes I know I am bonkers but just consider this. Sat 10th Win at Maidstone last minute goal.
And Orient on 13th.
Win 3 of these 4 and maybe there's a chance.
We thought we spark was needed to start the run. Got that at Maidenhead but after two home defeats we need it all over again.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Who cares?

Relegation beckons and yet idiots like me will still live their lives waiting for the latest news and hoping against hope (I’m not that misguided that I pray) that TUFC will conquer their current foe.

What our opponents do is irrelevent.

Unless we win 12 on the bounce we’re ****.

Even if we stay up, Osborne still own the club.

So we’re still ****!

COYY
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Like everyone I kept looking at the fixtures believing it was coming! The away draw against Macclesfield followed by two wins. I honestly thought we were on the rise. Then came the Dagenham games it was a home banker. How wrong can one be. Decent crowd at Plainmoor. Torquay were shocking, they were so bad we made Daggenham look good. We could not string more than two passes together. The defense, I really do not know what to say everytime Daggenham got the ball in our half they looked liked they might score. The first half was so bad and you thought OK second half get everyone singing off the same song sheet, lets go for it. Did not think it was possible to be worse than the first half! Sadly we were by a country mile. We cannot defend we cannot pass we can hardly score. Against Sutton defense was shocking again conceding after 6 minutes then taking a 2-1 lead which we could not even hold on to for a minute. You just knew they were going to score at the end it was coming. So looking at the fixtures can you see 6-7 wins! No way not unless we are able to play with a different team! It really is very depressing that the team can play that bad. We will be lucky to win 3 games.
I love Portugul optimism and I really want join him in believing the impossible can still happen. A while back someone wrote it the Hope that kills you! After seeing those two performances for me all Hope was extinguished!