BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND JOINT TUFC & TUST STATEMENT

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Fair play to the board. I feel positive, just a shame we have 3 hanging games over Xmas and live on TV in one of them. But, Torquay are Torquay so it wouldn't surprise me to see us pull a shock. Me and Southampton gull have never seemed to see eye to eye, but I respect him and he is mate in my mind and he is a very clever poster, to read those comments are awful. Tobebythesea should be ashamed. Shame on you. COYY
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Tobebythesea, you've made massive error of judgement in what you posted, if your reading this no point hiding, you'll earn a damn sight more respect back if you issue an apology that's required.

To get this back on topic now. I received a couple of e-mails over the last few days, suggesting there was a striking off proposal against the club, now confirmed by the club and dealt with, and suggesting there was further and more serious financial concerns.

So I'd like to thank the board and TUST , for making the statement and talking to the fans, and for allaying the fears regarding some recent accusations and also putting to bed any concerns of imminent financial collapse (forgive me if I've not got my wording right)

It is time to move on and show some togetherness now, the club it's staff and fans have do everything we can to help avoid relegation.

There is one very small, tiny, tiny little criticism that I can't let pass. Please refrain from the using the term "true fans" what is a true fan, divisive, and won't help in winning back lost fans.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Supes : I sent a reply, did you receive it?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
IJN
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by IJN »

If I were a TUFC fan I'd be very pleased with that statement. Certainly far, far better than I was expecting.

Good news at last.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have no doubt that the Board used the term "true fans" with intent as they felt certain fans wanted them to fail.

I can fully understand their point of view.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

IJN wrote:If I were a TUFC fan I'd be very pleased with that statement. Certainly far, far better than I was expecting.

Good news at last.
Argyle's home fixtures rarely clash with Torquay's home fixtures. This season they have, just when we need every Argyle fan through the gate that we can muster. ;-)

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Tobebythesea wrote: I don't know you and don't read what you post and since you look like a paedophile I think I'll keep it like that.
It's no wonder this is known as the Kiddies Forum by other Forums when you see posts like that. If you take more notice of SG's posts, you will have a better idea of what's going on at the club.

Added in 3 minutes 1 second:
When the Board included the sentence 'Everything is positive' they obviously forgot to look at the League Table ......
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I actually thought the comment by Tobe by the sea was funny (shame on me) - but really cannot blame him for replying with abuse (when he was abused in the first place).

Tobe is right though - with Nicholson in charge we are basically fecked.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I have very little or no faith in our current board, it's like the Blind leading the Blind!

I also have very little,if no faith that our rooky manager and his back room staff are going to keep us in this league this season, especially with the quality of the squad afforded to them.

It has also been a complete embarassment to have read our media coverage this week.

Professionals my arse!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

What constitutes a 'true fan' I wonder, in the eyes of the club and other fans?

Is it the nodding lemming? The obedient lackey who thinks that however much a football club exploits, ignores abuses it fans, you have to stay loyal and stand by it?

Let's face it - this statement has come out because the club has been backed into a corner off the pitch, and on the pitch, the team is an unmitigated disaster. No part of TUFC is going well and suddenly because a bit of empty rhetoric - and information, finally - on the OS, people are buying this positive vibe and think everything is going to be rosy.

We will not escape relegation under this manager and with this team and the anger and hostility that a disgruntled fanbase was starting to demonstrate had finally caused the club to act -albeit in a tokenistic way, where nothing essentially has changed. The board will be relieved when they read through the forum and seen that empty promises have sated a gullible fanbase when revolution was in the air. They can carry on being crap now, safe in the knowledge that the fans - who have put up with 4 years of this with ridiculous managerial appointment after ridiculous managerial appointment - probably won't start getting arsey until the January window has gone (as, you know, we need to give Kev a chance - what another 20 games?) and by then, it will be too late and supporters will be resigned to their fate.

It happened two years ago and it the same thing is happening again.

Even Nicholson's spin about having 22 games to make up 7 points. For one, we need eight points because our goal difference is so bad - therefore 3 wins, or two wins and two draws, and all the time, hoping that Welling do not win when we don't and the teams above us do not win when we don't.

What bit of our playing record under KN, thinks we can summon up that sort of run?

Cox got 10 points in 10 games. Nicholson has 7 from 12. One win. Yet we need probably around 33 points to be safe. 11 wins. Or 10 wins and 3 draws. Or 9 wins and 6 draws. The latter scenario is 15 games and does anyone envisage points from the next 3 games?

Assume defeat in those and that means that we can only afford to lose 4 of our remaining games once we are in the New Year.

9 wins, 6 draws 7 defeats (including games v Cheltenham and FGR x2) would likely see us safe, but we have a manager with a record of 1 win, 4 draws and 7 defeats in 12 games. You don't have to be stupid to do the maths and see that relegation under this set up is inevitable.
Last edited by hector on 23 Dec 2015, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

You're partially right - we will get relegated with THIS team, but by the end of January we will have other, better, players that will get us out of this mess.
I'm confident of that. John Milton is no mug and has identified players that will do the business for us. Up until now, we've been screwed by having no money, but that is changing now, the Board are backing the changes by providing funds, and we are getting rid of some of the deadweight, freeing up money we can use for other players too.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Scott Brehaut wrote:You're partially right - we will get relegated with THIS team, but by the end of January we will have other, better, players that will get us out of this mess.
I'm confident of that. John Milton is no mug and has identified players that will do the business for us. Up until now, we've been screwed by having no money, but that is changing now, the Board are backing the changes by providing funds, and we are getting rid of some of the deadweight, freeing up money we can use for other players too.
I admire your confidence, Scott, but the manager himself, was saying in his FB rant, that these players are on 'minimal wages'. Their departure is unlikely to make that much room to make signings that are suddenly going to turn this team into one displaying the promotion form it needs to get out of this mess.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If only you knew the half of it. It isn't solely about their wages but other contract details that needed addressing for the good of the club. "This team" is already being dismantled, Nicholson has had his hands tied up till now and to judge him on trying to get the best out of "this team" is unfair on him. He knows better than most just how useless and downright lazy some of them are. With the numbers that still thought it ok to go and party after the latest performance it's clear just how much rot is in "this team"
Dave

DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote:If only you knew the half of it. It isn't solely about their wages but other contract details that needed addressing for the good of the club. "This team" is already being dismantled, Nicholson has had his hands tied up till now and to judge him on trying to get the best out of "this team" is unfair on him. He knows better than most just how useless and downright lazy some of them are. With the numbers that still thought it ok to go and party after the latest performance it's clear just how much rot is in "this team.team"
The thing is many, including me, would rather the squad was re-assembled by someone with at least a bit of managerial experience.

He's the boards man though and to be fair to them they are backing him but, as admirable as that is, I honestly feel he lacks the tactical knowledge to get us out of this mess. The next month is huge for us.

As an aside I thought you approved of the bonding session in Liverpool?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We tried that either side of Hargreaves, did either work out? Does experience guarantee anything? Nicholson is the manager and that's that, why keep on championing a new manager? We've got one who's identified what's wrong and has set about changing it, surely he deserves a chance to do his job?
Dave