Takeover 50/50 ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Perhaps the cutbacks have already started and we've lost the web editor for .com/twitter...
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Bloggy wrote:Perhaps the cutbacks have already started and we've lost the web editor for .com/twitter...

:goodpost: :clap:
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Some of the comments about this on here are quite ridiculous.

Someone actually stated they were "terrified" about our situation, bloody ridiculous. What would they have been like in the blitz or Iraq or Afghanistan. Unbelievable!

Also some of the comments made which are pure guesswork, makes these forums very tiresome and boring actually. I have left another forum (the sport I actually participate in) because its very similar to here, and most of it is utter crap!

The probability is that there will be a club next season, what league I don't know but I reckon its 90% certain. Even if the current directors take over, which I for one am not "terrified" about. Why they get so much shit I don't know, individually more successful than most on here I would guess.

My preference is the TUST, even if we dropped down to the South. I want to proud of my club / team managing itself within its financial means. Rich benefactor, not for me, they can sod off unless they are true (and always have been) Torquay fans. Some guy from Truro or, Thailand or Timbuk bloody tu no, from Torquay please.

Football has changed, not for the better in my opinion. And the likes of Crawley, Eastleigh, even Bournemouth who without a rich Russian would not be where they are, that is all money. And I put Eastleigh in that list intentionally because they have money but limited success so far, so it doesn't always work overnight.

The TUST will have the club at its heart. It would run the club for the benefit of the bay, the wider community, and live within its financial means. THAT IS WHAT I WOULD BE PROUD OF WHATEVER LEAGUE WE ARE IN!!
TUST MEMBER
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Good post Neal. Some of the histrionics and supposition are, as you say, bloody ridiculous. TBH, its why I dont post that often nowadays, and mate next door hasnt for at least a year...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Histrionics? I hardly think so! The future of our club is in the balance.
Fact: The club has been losing approx. £500k per season.
Fact: The club will no longer be receiving in the region of £500k p.a. from the Football League.
Fact: The club has not sold a single season ticket while others have for more than a month and so has cut off a massive revenue stream.
Fact: The club has signed no new players while others all around us snap them up.
Fact: The Conference AGM is in 2 weeks and we have no business plan in place which may result in our expulsion.
As someone else has pointed out it would be very difficult for us to compete as a semi pro outfit due to the lack of well paid jobs in the area to supplement the part time players wages.

If you are not worried by this then I am staggered.
Tust member 191
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Mattpuma wrote:If you are not worried by this then I am staggered.
Stagger away then, There's more important things in the wider world to be worried about.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This isn't a post having a go at Neal who comes across as a decent lad. The thing that get s me is the amount of posts I've read over the years from people moaning and complaining about the tone of the forum, most have flounced off, the point to any forum is 'all inclusive' it is about giving people a chance to share views and opinions, you will get people who wont agree with you, and most football forums reflect the current position of the club at any one time, at the moment there's a lot to be negative about as far as TUFC is concerned. If you don't like the tone of the forum, or individual posts, to moan, don't complain, don't flounce off, counter it with your own views and opinions, that we get a diverse and successful forum.

First half of Neal's post I can't agree with, I think even Kelvin Thomas has said he's now glad Thea's cheque book is closed, so I do not know whether than means Thea has put money in to cover last season, this years accounts or not, what has been said to me by a number of people now is the club has a remaining board of four people, Phillips, Baker, Carter and Coote, if they remain in control and the club can not fully stem it's losses, these four men I would suggest do not have the money or the will to cover any losses, which will soon result in administration and or worse, if the club is asked to provide a bond, Thea doesn't pay it, and why should she, these four can not or will not, failure to do so, will not mean relegation to the south division, it will mean expulsion from the national league set up full stop, so southern league, western league who knows where we'll end up. This is why I've been posting the way I have, to try and get our fan base to wake up, stop sleep walking into to this debt free, no commitments club Thea is leaving behind, because she isn't and such thing does not exist, the very future of our club is on the line here, that's not histrionics, it could be reality.

Simon Baker I believe has joined the trust, does that show where his thinking lies at the moment, I do agree with the second half of Neal's post, if the interested fans group along side the trust get ownership of the club, it may result in us struggling to stay in the national league premier, so what, we will effectively have a fan own club, decisions taken for the best of the club, the club will survive and have the opportunity to rebuild, from a decent position, failure to pay a bond should it be asked for, the current four man board continue to run the club, I only see a disaster the club may never, recover from.
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Sunnysideup wrote: Stagger away then, There's more important things in the wider world to be worried about.
Indeed there are. Lots of things that are infinitely more important.

However, if you are a fan of TUFC and you care about having a team to watch, then whilst not my house is about to be repossessed worrying it is still a concern that in a fortnight we might not have a league to play in, we might not have a club to watch.

There is basically no one other than Bill Phillips in charge and not many people have much good to say about him. Whichever, of the Breed consortium or TUST, take over, there isn't going to be any extra money being chucked about, it is more about enabling us to exist.

So, whilst there are more important things to worry about, don't be surprised if you are surprised by the seriousness of our situation come June 2nd.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sunnysideup wrote: Stagger away then, There's more important things in the wider world to be worried about.
Oh here we, go, nobodies died, more important things than football, Islamic state, why do footballers get paid more than soldiers, and so on and on ZZZZZZZZZZZZ, there are a lot of things happening that I genuinely feel sorry for people and wish things were different, but this is my football club same as it's yours and everyone else's, right now there's many things in the world I can't change, survival of my football club is some thing we all can right now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

forevertufc wrote: what has been said to me by a number of people now is the club has a remaining board of four people, Phillips, Baker, Carter and Coote, if they remain in control and the club can not fully stem it's losses, these four men I would suggest do not have the money or the will to cover any losses, which will soon result in administration and or worse, if the club is asked to provide a bond,
Brian Palk is still serving on the board is he not?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I am saddened at the accusations of "histrionics" and "more important things in life". Bill Shankly knew the truth about this. Football is important (no, not as important as a death or similar tragedy, but still important), and the increasing possibility that the team I have supported for over 50 years will go bang is actually very important to me. I see nothing, absolutely nothing, from the club that gives me any confidence whatsoever that the Gulls will be playing in the Conference next season. All I see is heads in the sand. I agree that all fans should get behind TUST, and I also would rather have a sustainable club than one totally dependent on the generosity of one person. However, I remain angry at the way the fans are being kept in the dark and at the mismanagement that has led the club to where it is today.
Mellow Yellow
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Whoever stays

Post by Mellow Yellow »

I don't understand, though, how the TUST can run the club, with 300 members @ £2 a month? Can someone explain please? Thanks
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Mellow Yellow wrote:I don't understand, though, how the TUST can run the club, with 300 members @ £2 a month? Can someone explain please? Thanks
That's why people need to join!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Mellow Yellow
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Whoever stays

Post by Mellow Yellow »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: That's why people need to join!
I'll rephrase the question. How can the TUST run the club with 5,000 members, @ £2 a month.