Sturrock Leaves

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor87
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Caldwell

Post by Plainmoor87 »

I suppose it shows how quickly contacts can achieve outcomes! Shame we don't seem to have any...
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to BBC Somerset Sturrock is to be appointed manager at Yeovil.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So Bill Phillips is thinking somebody might replace Sturrock, somebody local with contacts? Who? Colin Lee? Neil Warnock? Paul Buckle? With no contract and peanuts and expenses paid? Who would even want to consider a position like that at Plainmoor these days? A more realistic proposition would be to find a couple of people to go scouting around the south and south-west, and to keep an eye on what's happening at other clubs with a view to signing available players.
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

Astute man, that Sturrock -We are just a joke!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

hector wrote:There are rumours suggesting Yeovil is his destination.
Remember when they were a tinpot non-league club and we were a league club.................how things change.

What a f***ing shambles, we are now the tinpot club who have decided that we need a DOF.....We need a new f***ing manager you dimwits. The club smacks of unprofessionalism and the first time we get a sniff of hope........Yeovil......f***ing Yeovil come and take it away!!!!!

I have already decided not to renew my ST for next year but bloody hell, this is just embarrassing and I'm ashamed to say I support the club right now.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Especially as rumours posted elsewhere saying Sturrock isn't going to be appointed as their new manager, more in a sort of D-O-F role their, if's that's the case, guess a contract and wage speaks volumes.
Our club should have kept this under wraps it's a shambles I went to a meeting tonight where supporters were trying to get the club more stable but with clowns at the helm we've got no chance. I will say all the best to the truss but it's going to be hard work. :keepie:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The meeting tonight was a positive one, in my view. There were a couple of naysayers, who possibly missed the point completely, but what was telling was that the Exeter and Wrexham trusts, each only had respectively 200 and 500 members when the decision was made to buy the club in much more trying circumstances than TUFC face.

TUFC already has 200. Those grumbling about the TUST being too small, well, we have seen, at other clubs, that it can be done. If we want it to be done here, then it can be.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

hector wrote:The meeting tonight was a positive one, in my view. There were a couple of naysayers, who possibly missed the point completely, but what was telling was that the Exeter and Wrexham trusts, each only had respectively 200 and 500 members when the decision was made to buy the club in much more trying circumstances than TUFC face.

TUFC already has 200. Those grumbling about the TUST being too small, well, we have seen, at other clubs, that it can be done. If we want it to be done here, then it can be.
Would be interested to know what happened Hector. I drove down from Basingstoke but got here at 8.45pm and thought it too late by then so I missed it. I guess we will have an email from Michael at some point.

It can succeed, of course it can and to me its the best way a club can be owned, by the fans for the fans. Rich benefactors, well that's buying success and I would rather us live within our means and the community being involved and making decisions locally for the benefit of the club, its employees and the "loyal" fans!
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Surely if the Tust has only 200 members then they are not doing something right?
The blindingly obvious catchment for potential members are those home supporters attending home matches - lets face it anyone still rocking up at Plainmoor either a) a completely die hard supporter b) certifiably insane or c) has a season ticket that they cannot give away
Surely there should be a high visibility recruitment drive, publicised in the press. I'm sure they would get plenty of people willing to sign up for £2 a month. The first thing to do is target those going to matches.
I could get 4 members of my family to sign up straight away, but I am not convinced that the Tust have a clue what they are doing. If I see an increase in membership I will sign up but the Tust need to get off their arses first.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

You could garantee an increase in membership by signing up!
TUST number 080
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

brucie wrote:If I see an increase in membership I will sign up but the Tust need to get off their arses first.
Bearing in mind for all but very recently it has been (and is still mostly) one or two men doing all this...

Relaunching a dying organisation
Multiple press articles/releases
Launching lottery
Opening dialogue with supporters direct
Multiple meetings with the club with more to come
Plain or listed as asset of community value
Leaflets to every home in TQ1 area
Outreach on forum/relaunching website/good email comms
A presence at last home game
Putting together a bid team
An open meeting with reps from other organisations at museum

Yeah, they've really been sitting on their arses doing nothing.

I have a lot of time for you, brucie. You often say things that are unpopular but have truth in them, although you do in my opinion go too far sometimes. However it is not the trust that is limiting membership but people with an attitude such as yours.

You are aware of the trust,aware of the possibilities,can afford £2 a month (take it out of the petrol you've saved by not coming to games), yet still won't join. The trust carries more weight with more members. The things you probably want the trust to show you they are capable of are much easier to achieve with members. So instead of sitting on YOUR arse, why not join (actually you can do that on your arse in front of the computer) and see what trust can achieve? If they fail you can pull out. It'll cost you much less than a trip to plainmoor.

Not only that, but if you're a member then you actually get a say in the direction it takes. This goes for everyone with similar apathetic opinions, not just brucie.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

brucie wrote:Surely if the Tust has only 200 members then they are not doing something right?
The blindingly obvious catchment for potential members are those home supporters attending home matches - lets face it anyone still rocking up at Plainmoor either a) a completely die hard supporter b) certifiably insane or c) has a season ticket that they cannot give away
Surely there should be a high visibility recruitment drive, publicised in the press. I'm sure they would get plenty of people willing to sign up for £2 a month. The first thing to do is target those going to matches.
I could get 4 members of my family to sign up straight away, but I am not convinced that the Tust have a clue what they are doing. If I see an increase in membership I will sign up but the Tust need to get off their arses first.
Brucie is right yet again!

At the next home game every fan that passes through the gates must be a 'hardcore' supporter (or insane!), so surely they should all also be signed up by the TUST?
That would at least quadruple their membership base to something to be reckoned with.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Surely if the Tust has only 200 members then they are not doing something right?
It doesn't help when cantankerous old gits like you do them down at every turn. As someone with greater wisdom than I once said, 'if you haven't got anything nice to say then shut the **** up'.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
withawhy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by withawhy »

BayGull,

You seem to have not realised that at the last home game, ALL supporters entering the ground were given a leaflet by the TUST to advertise TUST and the meeting - if you were not there and want a copy I can get one to you. Links to the TUST website were on it, so it can hardly be argued that TUST are not reaching out to and targeting supporters.

It is indeed disappointing that more did not bother to turn up for the meeting or that there has not been a rush of online membership applications - but you can hardly expect the TUST to keep giving out leaflets!

P.S.

Have you joined yet?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Bruce part of the trust..... no thanks, doom, gloom, negativity, promoting Exeter not Torquay, everyone will be wrong except for him of course. I think the TUST is better off without people like this who have nothing positive to say and would relish in the whole thing failing.
TUST MEMBER