Team Spirit

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Team Spirit

Post by lucy6lucy »

Well lack off is more appropriate. The constant reports of high earners gone in the summer, CH telling us the squad is losing the high earners, youth players being released , is quite simply causing a snowball effect around the club. If you where more or less told in January you will be released from your current job in June, what effect would that have on your performance at work in that period leading up to June? So it's no surprise the team is lacking leadership, desire and discipline. As for the lower earners they are lacking guidance from their elders. What this has created is a team lacking effort, commitment and direction( quite evident from the performance I saw today at Altrincham). CH post match comments state he wants to change the squad almost completely in the summer and there is nothing he can do until then.
This literally means the morale in the squad is dismal. How does he expect them to perform for him when he is getting rid of them. It is also most telling the fans to wait until the summer before I can assemble a squad I want, but in the meantime still pay your hard earned cash to watch us. It's a joke.
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed. Been suggest across the forums that these players do not respect CH, this could be well true for all the reasons you state.
Formerly known as forevertufc
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Have to agree with this train of thought and even more worrying, its been self inflicted. If you cast your mind back to the early part of the season, a few people were commenting on how together the team looked and how every player (bar the keeper) would run the park to celebrate a goal eg. Now, from an outsider looking in, it seems that there are divisions in the squad and its been allowed to fester for a few months now.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The high earners that don't give a shit and are causing problems in the dressing room should basically have been told to sod off on matchdays and go and help sell programmes or whatever. They shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. CH at some point has to bring in people on peanuts so he may as well have started months and months ago instead of relying on players who know they are leaving come May.

Ostracising the big earners and giving their place in the team to hungry youth or whatever sends out a clear message and young players can finally get an opportunity. That's if there are any young players left at the club! How could the club have done any worse than they are already by dumping the ones causing all the trouble and tossing it off?

Why wait until the end of the season to clear the decks when the process could have already started?

Maybe it's a convenient excuse for CH for more bad management and one which will buy him time at least until the end of next season when it becomes obvious that nothing has changed.

Getting these players off the books will save money and give CH a tiny bit of cash for next season hopefully. He has brought some decent players to the club this season but that's only half the job, getting them to perform is the other. Next season he will have to do both to astounding effect. Confident?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

CH needed to find a way to work with these transfer listed players. High earners, transfer listed players, whoever, its about getting the best out of them to further everyone's needs.
Pre season Totnes & Dartington game, Pearce, Tonge, Harding, Benyon and someone else, cant recall were stood behind the goal like naughty school kids. No wonder there are problems, it started yonks ago.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Every player needs ambition to be the best they can be.

Play lads who WANT to play rather than players who HAVE to play.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Every player needs ambition to be the best they can be.

Play lads who WANT to play rather than players who HAVE to play.
Trouble Andy we've just let a few of them go, like Hutchings, could have played him at Alfreton didn't, let him go, less than week later signs for about to be promoted to the Scottish Premier league Hearts (compensation opportunity missed) Good luck to the lad, who, if he makes the first team could well be playing European football before not long.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I desperately want things to turn for CH and the club, but SBP is right. make the best of the money you have got as I said, and as SB says make the best of the players you have got, at the moment that is not happening. This squad has enough quality in there to have pushed, if not got into the play-offs, so far our season is heading for a dismal failure.

Anyone who thinks Knill left us with a bunch of Conference South players may in possession of the mind of mad man, they are in fact, completely de-motivated, given up, had enough football league players, who've been poorly managed by an inexperienced manager, and who can blame them, after every poor performance/result the manager comes out with don't blame me, I've got players I have to move on, I've got shuffle the pack in the summer, we can't train on grass, the door to the changing rooms has been hung the wrong way around, I couldn't find my black pen, has to use blue, I hate blue. Did CH learn more from Buckle than we thought? He's got to change as well as the players.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

All you need to do is look at Dale Tonge's twitter, he doesn't even label himself a pro footballer, rather a herbalife distributor.

Sad really. This is no criticism of Young's playing ability, but is he the right man to captain us? Other than clap a bit what does he do to lift the boys. We can all say that CH should be doing better with what he has at his disposable, but before playing for the manager the lads need to play for each other. Is Cameron a team player? Not really. Is Ajala? He sounds to be improving after a bollocking and a tussle with Bowman.

Also, if I was Tom Cruise, told that I'm on a short contract until I prove myself I'd be counting on my team mates to have my back and use that togetherness to marshal the games. I don't see any of that.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

CH lost the dressing room and most supporters after the debacle at Alfreton. Poor Manager decisions before and during the game backed up with a spineless interview, in an attempt to deflect the pressure from himself and divert it onto the players.

Big,big mistake, as he shattered the belief his young players had in him.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

kevgull wrote:CH lost the dressing room and most supporters after the debacle at Alfreton. Poor Manager decisions before and during the game backed up with a spineless interview, in an attempt to deflect the pressure from himself and divert it onto the players.

Big,big mistake, as he shattered the belief his young players had in him.

Sources? Have there been any noises from 'the dressing room' to suggest CH has lost it?
I wouldn't read to much in to what any manager says in public, I imagine what he is actually telling the players in private is very different.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

PhilGull wrote:
Sources? Have there been any noises from 'the dressing room' to suggest CH has lost it?
I wouldn't read to much in to what any manager says in public, I imagine what he is actually telling the players in private is very different.
My take on it is based on performances I have witnessed, interviews I have listened seen, results we are achieving and discipline since that game.
Why is Richards being sidelined and Harding put in his place? Could it be that his confidence has been shattered and this has transformed into poor form.

Agree that he would talk to his players differently in private however trust and respect is not something you can turn on and off.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

PhilGull wrote:
I wouldn't read to much in to what any manager says in public,

The results and performances on the pitch are still the same though. =D

Whether CH throws tea cups or whether he takes the players out for dinner and a movie is not really the issue. The issue is that if he's tried both then he clearly finds it challenging to motivate or the club wouldn't be in as worse a predicament as they are now. Something that was obvious a few games into his tenure.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

kevgull wrote: My take on it is based on performances I have witnessed, interviews I have listened seen, results we are achieving and discipline since that game.
Why is Richards being sidelined and Harding put in his place? Could it be that his confidence has been shattered and this has transformed into poor form.

Agree that he would talk to his players differently in private however trust and respect is not something you can turn on and off.
Richards was outstanding in the first couple of months and a real surprise given very little was known about him before he signed. However, I don't think it's a coincidence that his form nosedived since he was humiliated at Alfreton after being played out of position. We must also remember that this is his first full season in senior football and so he's not used to playing week in week out. Perhaps a break will do him good for the long-term - it's just a shame that we only have Harding who can fill in. As StretfordGull highlighted on another thread, when Richards came on at Altrincham, he was the only one to actively encourage his team-mates and was trying to lift their spirits. He seems to have an excellent attitude which will serve him well in his career.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

lucy6lucy wrote:Well lack off is more appropriate.The constant reports of high earners gone in the summer . . . . youth players being released . . . . is quite simply causing a snowball effect around the club . . . .

. . . . it's a joke.

It's a joke?

Do you see me laughing?

:@ :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"