Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Hi Andy

Yep, in the absence of a TUFC game, I tuned in to Radio Devon today and listened to the York v Argyle commentary for the second half. I have to agree, that it sounded like even with just 10 men you definitely had the better chances and the Argyle commentary team certainly picked out Coulson and Hyde as star players for you ... albeit the latter seemed to be guilty of missing several good chances!

Sounded like you were very unlucky not to get the win, albeit a home draw with a play off side when you had to play 70 minutes with 10 men, seems like a decent result. Although I thought Worthington was a decent man I think the appointment of Russ Willcox is a good one by your Board, and I am sure that as a result you will be OK this season.

To be honest mate, if it was purely down to ambition alone, then you have definitely made the right decision to switch your allegiance and follow your home town team. From my understanding they are a "family run" club and seem to be going about things the right way. I think they are a progressive club and their future should be bright.

I have to disagree with you though, when you surmise that we might be out of existence inside 10 years as I am not sure that things are quite that bad at TUFC at the moment, at least I hope not, as for all their mistakes they have made, I stand by the opinion that the people in charge DO have TUFC at heart and would never do anything to actually put the club in jeopardy - they are ALL fans after all! Even though, there is clearly a lot of room for improvement ....

For all our problems, I do still take a lot of pride in the FACT that TUFC have never gone into administration and has always paid it's bills .... something which not a lot of clubs of our size, competing at our level (L2/Conference) can boast.

Like you say, I think there is now a lot to be said in the local community getting behind our club and for me at least, the best way of achieving that is supporting the newly reformed TUST - whose sole aim (this time around) is to acquire shares in TUFC.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Are you a York fan now, Andy? I thought you had switched to Derby. I can't keep up!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bobby Olejnik to York until the rest of the season done deal!

Austrians re-united!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Bobby. Awesome today at Wycombe. Some York fans saying the best 'keeping' performance seen for 30 years!

Still lost 1-0 but it could have been 10.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Jarvis sent out on loan to Aldershot for remainder of season with no recall clause. It would appear that he has played his last game in a York shirt. From what i've seen of him at both Torquay and York he is another that is not league 2 standard IMO but i wish him well.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Emile Sinclair signs for the Minstermen on a deal until summer 2016. Whilst not an ex Gull, his signing led me to the Northampton Town forum to see what they were saying about him and i stumbled upon a few posters who confirmed that Billy Bodin began training with the Cobblers today with a view to a short term deal.

Well done Knill, another masterstroke! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sure the Cobblers fans will show their gratitude in the end. :devil:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

B B might be a better player now...we always knew that he had potential ! ;-)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Emile Sinclair signs for the Minstermen on a deal until summer 2016. Whilst not an ex Gull, his signing led me to the Northampton Town forum to see what they were saying about him and i stumbled upon a few posters who confirmed that Billy Bodin began training with the Cobblers today with a view to a short term deal.

Well done Knill, another masterstroke! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sure the Cobblers fans will show their gratitude in the end. :devil:
When do they play York Andy-bet he will bag a hat-trick!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:

Billy Bodin making a success of league football will never happen in a million years and that includes getting a hat trick against York. I'm usually a sucker for bad luck but what you suggest just isn't possible. ;-)

No surprise my 10,000th post has to include Billy Bodin..................... :O
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Our Bobby has been to Slimming World AND has grown his bloody barnet!! Nothing like the muscularly rotund Austrian skinhead that donned the yellow and blue. I'm talking about Bob here and not myself you'd understand?

I couldn't make his home debut last week v Stevenage due to illness but today i saw him. I saw our Bobby for the first time in a York shirt. A couple of worldie saves but not sure what happened with the Brewers equaliser. Watch the FL show and find out.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

O'Kane starting for Bournemouth against Villa in the Cup today.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Billy Bodin has been signed by Northampton. The team who put him out for months last season...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Shaq Coulthirst bagging Saafend's last minute penalty winner against the Minstermen on saturday. He did really well, no arguments about the penno although York miles the better side. Sadly goals win games and not necessarily good performances but very happy with what the players were trying to achieve. Coulthirst could really do with settling permanently somewhere, at least league 1 as he has the quality now and also the potential to go higher. I just feel that he will be another one of those lost players 'owned' by a Premier League club who just basically wastes their formative years being shipped out to every tom dick and harry before finally being released and ending up at somewhere like Exeter. He's had 3 clubs on loan already and hasn't yet made his debut for Spurs.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Getting loaned out all over the place hasn't seemed to have done Harry Kane much harm - though I don't think Shaq is on a par with him as yet.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com