Depressed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Depressed

Post by loyalgull »

Relegation from the football league, play-off failure against Exeter and losing at Wembley. They were depressing times, and for me, today is up there.

If there was any club who deserve a trip to Old Trafford, and the inevitable attention and income it would bring, it's TUFC. We have outstanding in the cup in recent years, and not once have we been rewarded with a 'plum' tie.

Yet it's Crawley, disgraceful, cheating Crawley and their scum of a management team that get rewarded for years of disgraceful behaviour.

They are a complete embarrassment, and how their fans can be proud of their club is beyond me.

Complete and utter **** injustice.

Our boys were bullied yesterday, something we should have been prepared for. The course of the game went perfectly from Crawley's view point. Breaking up play at every opportunity with fouls, moaning and time wasting. They lumped balls forward and the usually sound pairing of Ellis and Branston looked suspect in the air.

What frustrates me, is that we all expected Crawley to act and play the way we did. So why the hell weren't the players prepared for this, and have a game plan to counter this?

The referee should have stamped his authority on the game in the first 10 minutes. He didn't, and Crawley knew they could push the ref, with little punishment. Their keeper was time wasting from the first whistle, he should have been sent off, but the ref bottled it. And frankly, we bottled it. We should not have allowed Crawley to come here and bully and dictate. We gave them far too much respect.

Incredibly depressed, pissed off and upset.

However, we must forget this quickly, and as people have alluded to in other threads, we must bounce back on Tuesday and not let yesterday's events spoil our league position.

Watching Manse lead the boys out at Old Trafford would have been one of the proudest moments of my life. But back to the league, and let's focus on getting 6 points out of our next 2 league games.

COYY
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Well there is still an outside chance that you could be proud of the lads when Mansell leads them out at Old Trafford - in the play-off final!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

gimp
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »