FA Cup v Crawley Tickete'd

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I originally thought not but now I think this could be a sell out. All my son's uni mates are back to see the game and they don't have tickets so I have urged them to get there before 1.45.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Am on the boat now on the way to Portsmouth. Cant wait for this game. Gonna be a long night!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

scottbrehaut wrote:Am on the boat now on the way to Portsmouth. Cant wait for this game. Gonna be a long night!
safe trip over mate - hope you have a great day tomorrow! :)

wish i was goin to be there......... :'(
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It is a force 6 in the channel tonight. Its like being drunk but without the hangover in the morning!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

scottbrehaut wrote:It is a force 6 in the channel tonight. Its like being drunk but without the hangover in the morning!
Ooh, nasty :( .

Reluctantly, have had to be sensible* and miss tomorrow...look forward to listening to a lot of you sing us on to victory :)

* looked it up on dictionary.com...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

westbaygull wrote: Ooh, nasty :( .

Reluctantly, have had to be sensible* and miss tomorrow...look forward to listening to a lot of you sing us on to victory :)

* looked it up on dictionary.com...

Someone was up late :O

Just about to leave to go and pick up our Scotty :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Crowd was 5065, but there were big queues and a delayed kick-off, so I think with hindsight the board got things about right.

How many of those will come back is another question.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

Gulliball wrote:Crowd was 5065, but there were big queues and a delayed kick-off, so I think with hindsight the board got things about right.

How many of those will come back is another question.
No doubt the club will say that, but in my opinion this whole cup tie has highlighted what a tin-pot adminstration we have. In many instances fans are too quick to have a go at the club, but in this instance the club were complacent, stubborn and ultimately incompetant. With less than half the crowd paying on the gate we still couldn't even get everyone in on time. I fully understand why the club wanted to use the voucher system to boost a crowd for a Tuesday night game, but when they did not offer the vouchers for a Saturday game the club made it clear that they did not give a toss about any exiled fans. The whole system took fans for granted and the whole attitude was "why should we bother to do this properly when we know that you muppets will be happy to queue up for two hours. The club did not have a clue whether it would sell out and did not care that some fans would have to travel three / four hours without being sure they would get in. I know for a fact that this uncertainty stopped some people going. Nothing that any floating fans experienced yesterday either on or off the pitch would entice them back on Tuesday - incompetant on and off the pitch. Make no mistake the club will have lost fans by the way they have handled this. If it were any other consumer transaction I would not have bothered. The emotional tie is there which is why fans will always be exploited.

Once it became clear that the Crewe voucher system did not sufficiently work.....and that the interest from Crawley was greater than expected the club had time to introduce some safe guards to ensure that the right fans were able to get tickets with minimum inconvenience. By all means make it pay on the day if space permits, but do something to help proper fans get tickets......or rather do more to help proper fans.

On a wider issue,and if I have missed an announcement then I apologise, but there does not seem to be any forethought with regard to helping fans with the fact that we are playing 7 homes games in the space of a month. Even the members price of £10 would be difficult for many fans. Has there been any ofer to group buy tickets ofr Saturday and Tuesday matches? Even a pound reduction when putchased together would demonstrate that the club have fan in their thoughts. Had we won yesterday we would have no trouble with attendances for Tuesday and Saturday. We were never in it and now we will probably get two sub 2,000 gates. Could the club have said to fans up until Thursday evening - come and buy an advance ticket for the Hereford or Stockport games and you can have the opportunity to buy a ticket for the Crawley match.

I think the stadium manager / director responsible needs a spell carving the turkey for a while. They seem pretty useless at anything else.