Dagenham & Redbridge v Torquay United - 12/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Do you seriously think a team including Labadie/Craig in central midfield and Macklin and Cruise will bring about any improvement. Its a bit like trying to solve the rubiks cube by piecing together a quantity of dried turds - the quality just isn't there.
Personally I would go one up front - 4-4-2 is leaving our pedestrian defence hoplessly exposed.
Go back to the Ling tactic of trying to fluke a 1-0 win like we did at Exeter. That might work one time in ten so perhaps we can fluke it. God knows we need it. Lose again and its surely all over.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Do you seriously think a team including Labadie/Craig in central midfield and Macklin and Cruise will bring about any improvement. Its a bit like trying to solve the rubiks cube by piecing together a quantity of dried turds - the quality just isn't there.
Personally I would go one up front - 4-4-2 is leaving our pedestrian defence hoplessly exposed.
Go back to the Ling tactic of trying to fluke a 1-0 win like we did at Exeter. That might work one time in ten so perhaps we can fluke it. God knows we need it. Lose again and its surely all over.
The 4-5-1 didn't work, that's what got us in to this mess. Things need to change, if we aren't going to make any changes then we may as well pack up now.
If we don't make any changes we can be 99% certain we will lose. If we do make changes then there is a slim chance we may score a goal and even win!. There is literally no harm in making changes to the starting eleven.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

As if the players are going to 'well up' for a battle on this sub zero evening. Some are as they always are but most haven't got the bottle for tonight i fear. Loss.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Can i just say to all those going to tonight and braving the elements to watch God knows what, a massive thumbs up and although i don't get to many southern based games i'll be singing in my living room tonight. Top marks and full credit to you all and i hope the lads give you something to make it worthwhile going.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

brucie wrote:Do you seriously think a team including Labadie/Craig in central midfield and Macklin and Cruise will bring about any improvement.

I personally do, I've been going on about this for months and months! We need a change and the aforementioned suggestion you despise of, is just the change we need. How do you know that it won't make any improvement, when we've been stuck with the same drivel formation and tactics? If Knill hasn't changed the formation for tonight's game, he never will and we may as well automatically fit one of the spots to go down.

Having said all this, safe journey to all the nutters heading to Dagenham tonight! I'll be listening to it on the Radio and hoping for the best.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

PhilGull wrote:
The 4-5-1 didn't work, that's what got us in to this mess. Things need to change, if we aren't going to make any changes then we may as well pack up now.
If we don't make any changes we can be 99% certain we will lose. If we do make changes then there is a slim chance we may score a goal and even win!. There is literally no harm in making changes to the starting eleven.
The 4-5-1 worked perfectly well. We played this for the majority of last season to good effect. This season we played 4-5-1 up until the thrashing from Southend when Ling bowed to the pressure from the fans and brought Jarvis into the side in a kind of 4-4-1-1 line-up.

Before this change we were sitting comfortably in 12th. http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2012-11-17

Since the switch we've played 18 games, we won the first 2 and then only 1 since.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

I fear a sould dsetroying 3 - 0 defeat tonight, and a place in the botom 2.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

just to say i told you so for a positive reason,

we will win!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Team announced - only change is cruise in for Nico
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to BBC Nicholson on the bench tonight - Cruise starts.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That's one change of benefit but it's not enough. Points down the pan then.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

It's the only change as well.

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If only there was a matchday thread.........
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

austrianandygull wrote:That's one change of benefit but it's not enough. Points down the pan then.
Andy, optimism is meant to start high AND THEN decline!

Glad I could help.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Michael Poke

Joe Oastler
Aaron Downes
Brian Saah
Thomas Cruise

Ryan Jarvis
Joss Labadie
Lee Mansell