Torquay vs Macclesfield Match Thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

Taxi for Ferrari!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

Alright peeps..Macc fan in peace.

Coming down to Torquay on friday and will be out on it friday night, wheres the best places to go?

As for the game, we are rubbish, you will do us at least 3-0.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

beermonster wrote:Alright peeps..Macc fan in peace.

Coming down to Torquay on friday and will be out on it friday night, wheres the best places to go?

As for the game, we are rubbish, you will do us at least 3-0.
Love that optimism :)

Also love that you're coming down even though you expect to get turned over.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

Good excuse for a few days on the piss, the football is a minor part, plus there is a small chance we could win.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Haha, loyalty that is! ;-)

As for the best places, people always seem to recommend the seafront, so I'd give it a go there..

:)
beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

Loyalty and insane, the affect that football has on your life.

Plus for whatever reason we have been fairly decent away, beat Wycombe and could have had a bagfull, Quality performances against Stevenage and Leicester City in the Cup,it seems the further from Macclesfield we get the better we play. So can only hope!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

beermonster wrote:Loyalty and insane, the affect that football has on your life.

Plus for whatever reason we have been fairly decent away, beat Wycombe and could have had a bagfull, Quality performances against Stevenage and Leicester City in the Cup,it seems the further from Macclesfield we get the better we play. So can only hope!
Oh, terrific. We're screwed then. I don't think you can go any further from Macc than Plainmoor.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

We can hope!

In reality I don't see it though. Confidence is pretty low after being outclassed by Vale on saturday. I also expect a major hangover so probably will not be paying much attention to the game!

Torquay a good night out then?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Haha. I was wary of the fact that you have done better away from Moss Rose, and with virtually NO pressure on your side (like at Wycombe) you could easily play with a freedom that could get you something from the match.

I just hope the expectations of a home win get too high..
Chow Mein
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruno Meirelles

Post by Chow Mein »

I don't know what to expect really from the game, Macclesfield belong in the illustrious Chow Mein 'Accumulator wrecker list' who, along with Watford, Brighton & Exeter, always have inconsistency with their results.

I think we may be getting a little too over confident.

4 points from 6 from our next 2 home games is a realistic & satisfactory total of points & would see us remain firmly in the early season playoff mix.

x x x
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

This is one we need to win. Prior to the start of the month I thought we were heading for an easier run of games in September - in contrast October will be a real challenge - but the last two games have been a big disappointment. Not because we didn't win but because we didn't score.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

My first Plainmoor match of the season, should get back on the scoreboard 3-0, 2 from Zebs and a debut goal by substitute Billy Kee.

See you all in the Boots and Laces.
beermonster
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by beermonster »

I always enjoy games against Torquay, usually been very good games with spectacular goals. Maybe excluding last year, the home game was a dull affair and the return at Plainmoor shooting practice for the Gulls and an avoided demolition job.

Heres hoping for a good game this year.
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

NickGull wrote:I know it's unlikely (and probably a silly suggestion) but we could try the 4-4-2 diamond formation. Mansell as a DM protecting the back four, and Eunan behind a front two of Zebs and Benyon (if fit). Wayno and Danny on the wings will provide both attack and cover for the defence, as they both backtrack to help Nicho and Robbo.

We may lose a bit in midfield, but with Eunan playing behind the top 2, it allows him to float all over the place, like yesterday.
I would actually like to see that set up NickGull, but we both know that it won't happen. However, if Bucks were to try it, then a game against the likes of Macclesfield would be just the time to do it.

Beermonster - Head for the harbour on Friday night and you won't go far wrong pal. Enjoy your weekand!
I live for matchdays!!!!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Danny is a bit of an enigma, either brilliant or anonymous. Macklin seems to be the forgotten man. Would be tempted to give him a start on Saturday.