Oh God, we've signed Yeoman.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Oh God, we've signed Yeoman.

Post by ferrarilover »

Again.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I don't see any issue with this. He's a cheap option on a six month 'prove yourself' deal. He clearly has something about him to convince so many managers he is worthy of a another contract
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Whats wrong with this ? Everyones a winner.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I've not got a problem with this. It's a case of "better the devil you know". He won't set the conference on fire, but we know he'll come off the bench, run around a bit and occasionally grab a goal.

To be fair to him, we had other guys playing in those games and they didn't manage to score 8 goals or whatever it was.
haz316
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: elliot benyon

Post by haz316 »

:goal:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Just got this feeling he's going to come good sooner or later, maybe with this manager it might happen. Rather he had his "do or die" period with us rather than with somebody else where upon it bites us in the ass.

Glad he's onboard.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Agreed. He seems to have had an unfortunate time with past managers and their systems, tactics, and team selections. Could be he'll come good in a big way with Paul Cox. Deserves a chance with him.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I have no problem with this. We've all seen that Ash has something about him but he has to improve his all round game. Someone must have recommended to Paul Cox that Yeoman should be given a trial - I wonder if it was Dean Edwards? The difficulty for players not regularly in the first team is that they don't get much needed match practice and to develop, they need match practice. I wonder how many competitive games Yeoman played in last season? Not including brief appearances as a sub, I bet it was very few. Good luck to him - perhaps Paul Cox will give him more oppportunities but Ash has to earn those opportunities of course.

Good to see FerrariMatt posting again - it's been quite tame on here without some of his more extreme views ! ;-)
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Good to see Matt posting again but I don't see any cause for concern in signing Ash. 6 month deal if he can chip in with 5+ goals then he'll probably stay. Time for him to show what he's got, bully Bowman/Marsh in training and earn a starting place.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I don't have a problem with Ash being given a mini deal but my only fear for Ash is that unless he plays, he won't get to "prove himself".

Six months sat on the bench will not be of any use to him. Bowman and Fairhurst will probably start each game and if they hit the ground running, Ash will be left to wear out the grass on the touchline each week.

I hope it works out for him.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Okay, once more but if it doesn't work out this time we have to put him down, it's just not fair for him or us!
We really need a good run in the Trophy to give these fringe players some game time...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

'Oh God, we've signed Yeoman' could be an expression of delighted surprise from Ferrarilover, or it could indicate cynical negativity. I prefer to go with the delight and surprise.

The boy's doing good. But success is not going to simply fall into anybody's lap. It's up to him now to seize his chance to prove himself and do as well as he possibly can to achieve his full potential.

I'm prepared to believe under this new regime he can and he will.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 47240.aspx
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

This really is it for Ash, at 23 he's at a good age he's had the bits and pieces of experience and now he has to push on and be a regular in the side. As ludicrous as this may sound I think if he can improve certain bits of his game as well as the mental side, he has to truly believe that not only he belongs in this side but that he's better than our other forwards I really think he could be a 15-25 goal a season guy. From this point I'm happy we are going to have one more go with him rather than him dotting up somewhere else and it all clicking. Obviously there has to be a line in the sand moment where enough's enough but I think he's worth another chance.

From the club's point as well he won't cost the earth and has already proven to be a useful squad player capable of the odd goal but like I say he has to step up from that and he has to do it now. Keep banging them in during pre season and you never know he may get first chance with Bowman.

My only concern is Paul Cox has always played a target man striker, we are trying to sign Exodus who throws it 60 yards and we are going to put 50/50s into the box more often this season, we now have 4 strikers who have probably scored 3 headers between them ever, none of which are going to be the target and all 4 used to being the finisher or bits and pieces striker. We surely can't have the budget to bring one of these in now, nor the space with 4 strikers signed up.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

He's been given a contract yet again, so there really isn't any point just sticking him on the bench and signing a fourth placed striker. I hope Paul gives him a chance to prove himself, I'm sure he will.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

If he continues his current form for the rest of pre-season then the others are going to literally have to rip up some trees to get ahead of him on the team sheet for the first game of the season, then its up to him to keep his place. If a continuation of his current form is not enough to earn a starting berth in the team then he shouldn't have been signed.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084