player fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

player fund

Post by ROADRUNNER »

does anyone fancy doing what grimsby fans have done, donations for a players transfer fund, they have raised over £40,000, just an idea to gage peoples thoughts.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I think most Grimsby fans have either deeper pockets or more passion. our fanbase would probably only raise a few hundred unfottunatly .
Bristol Rovers fans did this some years ago and raised £50,000 for a player. he didnt last long if i remember right?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well im happy to put my money where my mouth is, would be good if we could help the new manager out, im sure if the majority of fans could manage a fiver at least.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

If a fund raising scheme we're to take place I would chuck in a fairly decent amout, if it starts proving to be successful at the early stages.
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I think the club would appreciate anything actually even if it was just £100.

I doubt Grimsby is more wealthy than Torbay, it was one of the most deprived areas in the UK, but they have more fans which was probably why they got that amount.

But heh, yes try, do anything you can.

I wont personally contribute to this one though as Ive bought a season ticket I wont use, so that's my donation.
TUST MEMBER
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Could the TUST start something? I know its a lot but the ECFC trust charge £20 per month if im correct (no doubt someone will correct me) and I am not suggesting anything like that, but if the TUST "fee" was even £5 per month how about half to TUST and half to TUFC or something similar. 300 members at £2.50 per month = £75 per month ......£9,000 per year. not to be sniffed at.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

MF68 wrote:Could the TUST start something? I know its a lot but the ECFC trust charge £20 per month if im correct (no doubt someone will correct me) and I am not suggesting anything like that, but if the TUST "fee" was even £5 per month how about half to TUST and half to TUFC or something similar. 300 members at £2.50 per month = £75 per month ......£9,000 per year. not to be sniffed at.
Unless yer got a runny dose !!!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MF68 wrote:Could the TUST start something? I know its a lot but the ECFC trust charge £20 per month if im correct (no doubt someone will correct me) and I am not suggesting anything like that, but if the TUST "fee" was even £5 per month how about half to TUST and half to TUFC or something similar. 300 members at £2.50 per month = £75 per month ......£9,000 per year. not to be sniffed at.
As I understand it you can pay the tust as much as you like each month. If you want that to be £5 £20 or a £100 in sure it will all be appreciated.

I'm not to sure on this player fund idea. I think I'd rather buy a season ticket or the membership scheme and even donate a little extra to the clubs coffers and let the club decide how to spend it.

I guess if we could raise £20000 that might pay a players basic wage for a season put as much as possible in the general club card ffers and let them decide how to spend it. And I definitley wouldn't be donating to buy a player from another club. I see no need at this level, plenty of decent freebies and loans available.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

People keep saying Grimsby have more fans than us; sure, they get better gates, but is that the sole mark of how many fans a club has? No. Torquay United have lots of exiles - fans no longer based in the bay but attend the odd away match.

Something like a player fund could offer a way for such fans to feel like they can contribute to the club, and if well marketed, I wouldn't be surprised to see it be successful.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

There was a TUST meeting this morning in Torquay which was very informative and went over the TUST's vision and where it goes from here.

Funding is a key priority and is something that will be looked into!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

it would be good to try to start this fund seperate to trust, im already a member, is there anyone out there who would know how to set this up, i still think quite a few fans would put there hands in there pocket, im sure we can raise a few thousand for the club, can anyone help?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

ROADRUNNER wrote:it would be good to try to start this fund seperate to trust, im already a member, is there anyone out there who would know how to set this up, i still think quite a few fans would put there hands in there pocket, im sure we can raise a few thousand for the club, can anyone help?
RoadRunner I did the one to try sign Berry last season,

You can use crowdfunder.co.uk and either set a target. You then can choose to have a whatever you raise is kept policy or one where you must reach the target before the £ is taken.

For this to be effective you can reward people with things for pledges X amount of £.

Trying to source enough things for this can be tricky!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

many thanks rob, will have a look at it over the next few days, cheers, RR
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think this is worth a try, I'll certainly put some money in. However, before you go head long into this, I really do think this needs to be a coordinated effort, I personally think as a fan base we should avoid getting into a situation, where by, there are different groups running different initiatives.

I would suggest, one fund, one place. R/R is it not worth talking to the trust, about a joint effort ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes ok forever you may be right, i will talk to somone to see what we can do, makes sense i suppose.