A request to TUST

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

A request to TUST

Post by frenchgull »

Dear Michael, as I presume that a good fifty percent of Gulls fans are indeed older rather than younger why do you persist in using twitter or Facebook to attract new members or now donations?.I am of an age whereby these things pass me by,I just want an address where I can send a cheque and bobs your uncle.Its not a big cheque and would not send Brucie to outer Mongolia unfortunately,but at this point in time I know all monies would be great fully receieved so please use the KISS formula and enable every true Gull to help.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Incase you don't get a quick response

Looking at the TUST site the address to send things too is

Torquay United Supporters Trust
37 Shiphay Lane
Torquay
TQ2 7DU

http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/Contact.aspx

It's where they've asked Yellow Forever funds to be sent
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

also if more than half are older (which will always be the case depending on where you draw the arbitrary line marked 'older'..but I digress) it makes sense to use newer ways to communicate because it's by getting the youngins that the Trust will really get traction.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

happytorq wrote:also if more than half are older (which will always be the case depending on where you draw the arbitrary line marked 'older'..but I digress) it makes sense to use newer ways to communicate because it's by getting the youngins that the Trust will really get traction.

Very true, happytorq 'cos if we accept half are older, it means that half are younger ........ :whistle:
Webber
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eric Webber

Post by Webber »

First of all thank you to Frenchgull for your kind interest in contributing to the Forever Yellow fund. A cheque would be great. Our thanks in anticipation of this. Please make it payable to Torquay United Supporters Trust.

Cheers also to Plainmoor Roar for supplying the TUST address.

Happytorq is right. Attracting young members is important; that's partly why we're trying the proverbial "multi-media" approach.

But it's also a case of representing - and wishing to involve - fans of all ages from school-age students through to the most senior of our supporters.

Email certainly works for most of our members. Michael tells me that all but thirteen have supplied an email address and that will continue to be our way of communicating the really important messages.

Twitter isn't everybody's cup of tea but it's useful for publicising news items and press coverage. If you're unsure about TUST's twitter account Google "@goulbourne58" and then click the link as you would do for any other website. You don't need to register and there's very little navigating around looking for things.

WANTED!!

Social media savvy supporters who can advise us on this aspect of our communications.

Is there an informal twitter network amongst our fans whereby people are prepared to retweet our messages and - hopefully (please!) - say encouraging things about us?

Please let us know at [email protected].

Thank you.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

frenchgull wrote:Dear Michael, as I presume that a good fifty percent of Gulls fans are indeed older rather than younger why do you persist in using twitter or Facebook to attract new members or now donations?
You've virtually answered your own question. There's a massive untapped 'market' there that TUST (and more importantly, the club) need to reach out to, and two of their best hopes at doing this are on Facebook & Twitter - if we don't Argyle & City will, and their social media strategies are excellent.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by frenchgull »

Bobby93,you are right,the lifeblood of any business is new customers and certainly at Torquay we defiantly need the young generation so twitter and Facebook is an avenue to persist with.My argument was that I am not a twitterer or a facebook user.all I wanted to do was donate to the cause and had no idea where to send a cheque , thanks to others I now do,but with us old farts dropping off the branch young blood is vital.Good to see the numbers growing on TUST.
RoadGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reg Wyatt

Post by RoadGull »

frenchgull wrote:Bobby93,you are right,the lifeblood of any business is new customers and certainly at Torquay we defiantly need the young generation so twitter and Facebook is an avenue to persist with.My argument was that I am not a twitterer or a facebook user.all I wanted to do was donate to the cause and had no idea where to send a cheque , thanks to others I now do,but with us old farts dropping off the branch young blood is vital.Good to see the numbers growing on TUST.
Oy - I may be old but as yet, I am not prone to fart (well, not often!) - and as for dropping off my branch!!!!!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by frenchgull »

Sorry roadgull,the affliction maybe down to my French diet and the red wine just might be the cause of me and my branch parting company.Good to see a since of humour coming back to the forum .