Yellowfest Tickets Offer

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Yellowfest Tickets Offer

Post by BayGull »

If anyone wants tickets - Groupon are doing various offers here - 50% off

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/exeter/g ... d/61349078
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BayGull »

I see the club is still promoting the Yellowfest here: http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 73376.aspx

BUT

they make no mention of the 50% saving ticket offer you can get here: http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/events/g ... d/61349052

Seems hard on those fans who pay out the full amount when the club is running such an offer?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

how many went to it? always seemed a big gamble, a load of old has beens and £35 when people won't pay half that to watch football here
still keeping the faith
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

bixieupnorth wrote:how many went to it? always seemed a big gamble, a load of old has beens and £35 when people won't pay half that to watch football here
There was approx 800 there.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

It was a great day and the "old has beens" as you have called them were magnificent , the local bands were also first class. It was an amazing sight to see so many people dancing on the pitch and in Bristows Bench. It is reasonable to assume that everyone had a good time and would return next year. Just a shame that a few more did not turn up. 10cc were exceptional and truly professional.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

There's a good review of the day here:-

http://musicmuso.com/reviews/yellowest- ... we-thought
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Jerry wrote:There's a good review of the day here:-

http://musicmuso.com/reviews/yellowest- ... we-thought
Excellent review of the day and agree with all that's said.I may be a "has been",but my 13 year old son certainly isn't and we enjoyed the day immensely-well done Andy Candy and all those involved in organising this.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

bixieupnorth wrote:how many went to it? always seemed a big gamble, a load of old has beens and £35 when people won't pay half that to watch football here
As shown by the replies, maybe if you'd gone you could have an opinion on these 'has beens'

I thought it was well publicised, not my taste of music but i think 800 is a decent turnout!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

come on, the Rolling Stones are still touring and you'd have to pay at least 3 or 4 times as much to see those "has-beens". If I'd been in the bay, I'd definitely have gone to this, and hope the club saw enough encouragement that they'll continue to do it. It's this sort of non-football revenue that the club needs to get more of. My sister is in the events game and it takes a huge amount of work to put it together, especially in South Devon where I'm lead to believe some of the licensing and security hoops you have to jump through are...challenging.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

rock and roll is a young mans game, i've never been into endless tours of old rockers! remember them when they were at their peak!

i was referring to the bands not the crowd! 800 is excellent. brings a few more £s into our coffers i guess?
still keeping the faith
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

bixieupnorth wrote:rock and roll is a young mans game, i've never been into endless tours of old rockers! remember them when they were at their peak!

i was referring to the bands not the crowd! 800 is excellent. brings a few more £s into our coffers i guess?
tickets were what, £35? so that's £28,000 in ticket sales.

Squeeze and 10cc wouldn't have come cheap. No idea if local bands would have been paid, but most likely yes. Set up of stage and security probably not cheap either.

Honestly, if they broke even on it, that would have been made it a huge success - and something to build on for the next time - but I very much doubt there was a profit.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BayGull »

happytorq wrote:
tickets were what, £35? so that's £28,000 in ticket sales.
Groupon were selling tickets at 50% off .... so that total figure will be a lot less!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

happytorq wrote: tickets were what, £35? so that's £28,000 in ticket sales.

Squeeze and 10cc wouldn't have come cheap. No idea if local bands would have been paid, but most likely yes. Set up of stage and security probably not cheap either.

Honestly, if they broke even on it, that would have been made it a huge success - and something to build on for the next time - but I very much doubt there was a profit.
Herald says there were 1,000 there. So £35k - whatever % of the tickets were sold on discount on Groupon - bands fees - admin costs. Local bands wouldn't have got much, few hundred quid if what Occombe pays them is anything to go by. Even if you're only left with a few grand profit, it'll pay some of the squad players wages for a couple weeks.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Quite a few of the higher priced tickets were sold as well from £35-00-£48-00,food was done in house and sold in the Gulls' Nest,restaurant and kiosk; bar sales on the day were very good,plus programmes and t-shirt sales.