A Sense of Perspective Please

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote:Forevertufc the point I was making about 5 of the 6 defeats being by the odd goal was that we were not being hammered.

I agree a loss is a loss but the results show that we were in the games right up to the final whistle.

As an optimist I think 3 consecutive wins would put us right back in the top 5.
I know it's still early-ish in the season, but I think Saturday's match against Eastleigh could be one of those defining pointers to how our season is going to pan out. Apart from Barnet v Macclesfield, all the top teams have games that are winnable. If we don't beat Eastleigh, the gap between us and fourth could widen to five or six points. I think today was the last day for loan signings. Dave Thomas hinted in the Herald Express that Hargreaves could well dip into the loan market again. Whereas several Conference sides have made loan signings, it doesn't appear that we have.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

tufcbrett wrote:I think alot of people thought we would walk the conference, and with our good start them thoughts grew. Its now kicking in that its not easy but in the same level saying were go down the the conference south is again ridiculous.
I don't remember a single poster saying we'd walk the Conference, and I struggle to recall anyone suggesting we'll be relegated...

Peoples' expectations have been moderate since the beginning of the season, and they still are. With our resources, we should make the playoffs. It'll be nice if we do, and disappointing if we don't.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

jonnyfive wrote: I don't remember a single poster saying we'd walk the Conference, and I struggle to recall anyone suggesting we'll be relegated...

Peoples' expectations have been moderate since the beginning of the season, and they still are. With our resources, we should make the playoffs. It'll be nice if we do, and disappointing if we don't.
your are correct J5.

in fact most of us said we'd be in the conference for a few years.....

we could make the play-offs - but only if we stop with the sh1t goal giveaways.........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tomogull wrote: I know it's still early-ish in the season, but I think Saturday's match against Eastleigh could be one of those defining pointers to how our season is going to pan out.
Totally agree tomo, Eastleigh are amongst the pre-season promotion favourites, and to be fair the Dover game could be counted in as well, right now Dover have one of the best home records in the division, so 4-6 points from these two games will help restore confidence right through the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

We're all gonna die......... :devil:

Seriously, the club is a small club and always has been. Unfortunately, for us, many much smaller clubs have found sugar daddies or have developed and have passed us.

I truly believe that geography plays a huge part in our problems and will grow as a problem over the coming years.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We had the same geography when the club signed David Graham , and the same geography when the club lost to Swansea in the forgotten play-off final, geography didn't change when Blackpool were beaten by us at Wembley and 1998 defeat to Colchester , was the same in when automatic promotion was gained under Leroy.

Geography didn't stop us making the F.A trophy final , twice play-offs in the conference last time with promotion, nor did it stop us signing O'Kane and Rene Howe, twice narrowly missing out on promotion back in league 2.

Do I see geography as a problem , no. Do I think the problem lies elsewhere, clearly.
Formerly known as forevertufc