New Striker. Krystian Pearce.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

benyon is injured at the moment
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

kevgull wrote:
Drop Bowman and bring back Benyon.
if benyon wasnt injured and you had this idea, we might as well play pearce up front.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: if benyon wasnt injured and you had this idea, we might as well play pearce up front.

Benyon is a fox in the box type of player. We seem to be creating the openings but not finishing, as much as it pains me I would give the lad a chance. Rendall is no better than Benyon however he seems to be banging them in.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

kevgull wrote:Benyon is a fox in the box type of player. We seem to be creating the openings but not finishing, as much as it pains me I would give the lad a chance. Rendall is no better than Benyon however he seems to be banging them in.
From what Ive seen over the last month or so, we are clearly not creating many clear chances in dangerous areas. Thats probably why Bowman's goals have dried up.
Like most strikers at the lower levels, he needs 4 or so chances to put one away but he's no longer getting that (same as Benyon and Hawley last season). If he was good enough to do better than that regularly, he wouldnt be at our level. Cameron has gone from looking like a contender for player of the season to seemingly displaying a total lack of confidence in his ability. Briscoe looks better as a 2nd striker as he doesnt appear to have the stamina to play as a wide player. Ajala can look good at going past players but end product into danger areas is lacking. Thats why our biggest threat at present appears to be from set plays.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

kevgull wrote:
Benyon is a fox in the box type of player. We seem to be creating the openings but not finishing, as much as it pains me I would give the lad a chance. Rendall is no better than Benyon however he seems to be banging them in.
id say rendell is better than benyon - and id rather have him in the team too.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Sunnysideup wrote: From what Ive seen over the last month or so, we are clearly not creating many clear chances in dangerous areas. Thats probably why Bowman's goals have dried up.
Like most strikers at the lower levels, he needs 4 or so chances to put one away but he's no longer getting that (same as Benyon and Hawley last season). If he was good enough to do better than that regularly, he wouldnt be at our level. Cameron has gone from looking like a contender for player of the season to seemingly displaying a total lack of confidence in his ability. Briscoe looks better as a 2nd striker as he doesnt appear to have the stamina to play as a wide player. Ajala can look good at going past players but end product into danger areas is lacking. Thats why our biggest threat at present appears to be from set plays.
Cameron has been playing with a hamstring problem too.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

If Cameron has been playing with a hamstring problem (no reason to doubt it!) then the best thing for the club is to allow him to rest up.

We have a sufficient number of players in his position to not miss him for a couple of games, and I would rather not have him for a few games and fully fit mid November, than continue using him half fit and not performing to the required standard.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

leetufc wrote:If Cameron has been playing with a hamstring problem (no reason to doubt it!) then the best thing for the club is to allow him to rest up.

We have a sufficient number of players in his position to not miss him for a couple of games, and I would rather not have him for a few games and fully fit mid November, than continue using him half fit and not performing to the required standard.
He clearly wasn't fit at Telford, and although looked slightly sharper was still way off the mark at Alfreton.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Sunnysideup wrote: From what Ive seen over the last month or so, we are clearly not creating many clear chances in dangerous areas. Thats probably why Bowman's goals have dried up.
Disagree with this. We've been creating plenty of chances over the last few games. Bowman has been responsible for most misses - he should easily be on double figures by now. Hopefully when one goes his confidence will return but I've not been impressed with what I've seen so far. In an ideal world we would be looking at bringing in a new striker but our defeat on Saturday has probably ended any chance of that happening. O'Achie is a useful player to have in the squad but often plays with his back to goal, Yeoman isn't consistent enough and will probably be released at the end of the season and Benyon isn't the answer. I've been quite impressed with Briscoe although I think Hargreaves sees him more as a wide player who can cut inside.