Chapell To Stay?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Chapell To Stay?

Post by OllieGull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28771047
BBC Article says he wants to stay, and is talking with Hargreaves about coming off the transfer list.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I guess it comes down to agreeing a new lower value contract.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Quite bizarre as Chapell seems completely out of favour - he is still good enough to be involved.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Quite bizarre as Chapell seems completely out of favour - he is still good enough to be involved.
With only 5 subs and the amount of attacking options we have it's going to be difficult to squeeze them all in every week - someone is always going to miss out.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ajala start in place of Briscoe on Saturday, maybe with Chapell on the bench and Briscoe back in the stand.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think the wingers are where we are strongest and glad Chaps wants to stay. Great option to have in the squad and good enough to progress to being a real decent player at this level.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
IlshamSchmilsham
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by IlshamSchmilsham »

I assume that young Jordan has got over his home sickness, which we were told was the principal reason for him seeking a transfer. Perhaps a summer on the English Riviera has opened his eyes to the possibilities of remaining here for a while longer, although the more cynical amongst us might question whether the clock ticking on the transfer window and the apparent absence of any better offers have served to concentrate his mind. That said, he remains a promising player although I do wonder whether the more physical nature of Conference football, particularly come the winter months, will bring the best out of him - perhaps a role as an impact player from the bench would be an option. Of the six transfer-listed players mentioned in the BBC report I would be happy to see the back of Benyon, Hawley and Tonge; but I do think that both Downes and Harding still have something to offer to an otherwise young and inexperienced squad, as last night's performances suggest.
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

I'd like to see him be considered as the striker to play alongside Bowman.

Is composed once through (one of the finishes at Sixfields last season showed that) and nippy enough to work off the big man, given the question marks over both Benyon and Yeoman seems a no brainer to throw Chapell into the mix to me
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

I'm sure Hawley was at Plainmoor last night; why I don't know
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

eastmoorgull wrote:I'm sure Hawley was at Plainmoor last night; why I don't know
Maybe because he's paid an obscene amount and Chris told him he had to be there.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I would be happy for Chapell to stay. There was talk of him moving above League 2, at one stage last season, so he is probably better than most in his position in the conference. Not sure why he is not making at least the bench.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote:Quite bizarre as Chapell seems completely out of favour - he is still good enough to be involved.
You confuse me sometimes, it's almost like two different people posting under the same username, this is what you said on the. What kind of performance do you expect?? thread; The listed players are there because they are not good enough. Tell me which of these players are any good.

Guess you've some what, now, answered your own question. :-D
Last edited by Dave on 14 Aug 2014, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As I said on that same thread, some, not all, of the listed players are there because of what they earn, in my opinion. Was Chapell ever homesick, who knows, not sure I ever believed that, a fit and focused Jordan Chapell is a match winner, he proved that in the first half of last season, especially against Cheltenham home where he single handily ripped them a new one , CH if you can get him back in fold, you know it makes sense.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

IlshamSchmilsham wrote:the more cynical amongst us might question whether the clock ticking on the transfer window and the apparent absence of any better offers have served to concentrate his mind.
I think also the fact that we've had a whole load of new arrivals has brought a new dynamic to the club. This is a young side again and no doubt Jordan as a young man may feel a little bit more comfortable with some of the characters coming in. Hopefully this reflects in his football, because he is an obvious talent and were we not so blessed with decent wingers would have featured already, I'm sure.

I hope he stays and I hope he pushes for a place, I'm not sure who would come out to accomodate him at this stage though. Handy player to have, brilliant on his day.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I don't know obviously as I don't know the guy, but it wouldn't surprise me that he has noticed the standard and he could do very well against this opposition, and this might be just what he needs to kick start his career. As stated above, he might see that the signings are a good sign for this club, young, enthusiastic, which probably comes across in training. And thinks, mmmmmmmm..... might fancy being a part of this, this season. Never understood the homesick thing, when your 12 and away from parents first time yes, I left home at 18 (a good home I might add) and was never home sick even though I was in London. Teenagers have gone to Iraq and Afganistan, I can buy that, but not Torquay. Cue there for some comedian :)
TUST MEMBER
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I am a big fan of Jordan Chapell. Good news. I think he should play just behind Ryan Bowman.3 5 1 away 4 4 2 at home.