Away fans at York tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Away fans at York tonight

Post by lucy6lucy »

Utter respect for those that attended tonight. Would be interested how many witnessed the match but how many came from Devon. Safe journey home. We don't deserve this. Any personal feelings please comment as this is now a desperate and undeserving for our loyal fans. :( :(
Lucy
bigleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bigleigh »

119 in the away end tonight giving excellent support to a team that frankly don't deserve it.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

That's a ridiculously good effort considering our players deserve public flogging instead of your cash and continued support.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:That's a ridiculously good effort considering our players deserve public flogging instead of your cash and continued support.
cheers mate
but i really :bow: to all the guys and gals that travelled a lot further (ie an hour) than I had too to watch that......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Just out of interest, last week when Bury came down midweek, the Bury chairman provided all travelling fans with a voucher entitling them to a free burger inside the ground.

https://x.com/FBAwayDays/status/446017220573790209

Did tonight's away fans get a similar offer from our board????

I bet they **** didn't.

Amateur club who doesn't give a shit about their fan base.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

I don't know where to start , I have been to the game tonight , returned to my b& b ,York were woeful,rice did not make a save all night ,one deflection and they scored .
it is all down to our manager , if I had known Thompson would be playing instead of Jordan Chapple I would not have gone , I don't want to be rude to individual footbalers , enoch is a joke , benyon has always been shite ,
Nicholson was a **** joke , why leave out lathrope he has been one of our best players since xmas , when our interim manager brought him back in. g,harrop should have been given 4 or 5 games ,as manager idont care what shit some of you people write on this site you have no more idea about football than the prat in charge .
he will turn out to be the biggest wanker ever to manage a football team.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Burnhamgull wrote:Just out of interest, last week when Bury came down midweek, the Bury chairman provided all travelling fans with a voucher entitling them to a free burger inside the ground.

https://x.com/FBAwayDays/status/446017220573790209

Did tonight's away fans get a similar offer from our board????

Absolute **** bollocks.

Matt.
I bet they **** didn't.

Amateur club who doesn't give a shit about their fan base.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

okehampton gull wrote:I don't know where to start , I have been to the game tonight , returned to my b& b ,York were woeful,rice did not make a save all night ,one deflection and they scored .
it is all down to our manager , if I had known Thompson would be playing instead of Jordan Chapple I would not have gone , I don't want to be rude to individual footbalers , enoch is a joke , benyon has always been shite ,
Nicholson was a f**king joke , why leave out lathrope he has been one of our best players since xmas , when our interim manager brought him back in. g,harrop should have been given 4 or 5 games ,as manager idont care what sh*t some of you people write on this site you have no more idea about football than the prat in charge .
That dubious honour belongs to Steve Evans.

Greavsie is doing his best, and nobody can blame him for taking his shot at League management. It was just the wrong time for us to appoint a novice, and the gamble looks to have failed.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Harrop was my first choice with Greavsie second. Deep down I seriously don't think it matters who would have taken the job we were heading down. The players are the biggest bunch of gutless talentless clueless prats we've ever had with a few exceptions and with the budget blown it was a massive ask for anyone.

Need to stick by Hargreaves now let him build his side in the summer and get rid of as many of this lot as possible.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Looking forward to seeing Mansell and Nico being offered 1 year deals.......coupled with Stevens and who knows, maybe Tim Sills will be approached........
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Exactly what I mentioned on the other thread. What we needed was a manager who was prepared to be ruthless in order for the team to be successful. Sadly we haven't had that since the days of buckle. We now have exactly the opposite and it is beyond some kind if bad joke.
The original taunton_gull!!!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Just got back from York

A good mix of exiles and Devon based Gulls, reckon about half and half

When they announced the 109 travelling fans we got a reasonable round of applause from the stand, which was nice :-D

Did not see one director all evening, would have been nice if someone had at least come over and thanked the odd fan as word would have got round, but really what we have come to expect....the last time I visited York was for the FA Trophy semi final....and the good news is they have finally put a roof on the mens toilet....only taken them 40 years !
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

royalgull wrote:Harrop was my first choice with Greavsie second.

Geoff never applied for the post.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

There were more Gulls than I expected to be fair and respect to each one of us. I got home at midnight and had to drive through some horrendous fog too but for those who came from further afield I have to admire you. In addition I thought the support the players got was really good especially in terms of abuse and criticism. There was hardly any from the terraces and given the situation we're in, the drabness of the game and the shitness of the players and manager yet again plus the fact that it was dark, cold and many were miles away from home, oh and we lost and didn't score. Given all that then it is clear to see we have the most fair, loyal and dedicated set of fans in the country. Having said that if you think I'm busting a gut to get to Southend you can go and play on the M1!

Seriously, great support as always last night.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

okehampton gull wrote:I don't know where to start , I have been to the game tonight , returned to my b& b ,York were woeful,rice did not make a save all night ,one deflection and they scored .
Nicholson was a f**king joke , why leave out lathrope he has been one of our best players since xmas , when our interim manager brought him back in. g,harrop should have been given 4 or 5 games ,as manager idont care what sh*t some of you people write on this site you have no more idea about football than the prat in charge .
Quote. I don't want to be rude to individual footbalers (Sic) enoch (Sic) is a joke benyon (Sic) has always been shite. Nicholson was a f**king joke.....prat in charge! biggest w****r ever to manage a football team.
And he doesn't want to be rude to individual players.....apparently. :whistle:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."