Neglect & A Dereliction of Duty...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Neglect & A Dereliction of Duty...

Post by hector »

...is essentially what has happened at Torquay.

So wasteful and utterly unnecessary. It is as if the club have abandoned and neglected its purpose. For all the positive progress they had made in terms of play-offs, cup runs, a lovely new stand. Why? Why sit back and watch as it all needlessly goes down the pan?

If we end up in the Conference, trapped and unable to get back out, I will always look back incredulously on this season because for the life of me, I cannot fathom or understand why this has been allowed to happen? What on earth are/were the powers that be thinking of?

It is simply heartbreaking to watch helplessly as all that good work is undone in three short months.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Can't disagree with anything you've posted Hector, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think most of us had settled for a mid-table 'consolidation' season and up until about Christmas, things were ticking along okay-ish. Many games were forgetable but we looked capable of a top half (about 10th) place. Then the wheels came off. The team should have been strengthened in January but this coincided with Ling's illness and so nothing happened. As you say, the last three months have been disastrous. However, I don't know why, but I think Alan Knill will drag us through to fight again in the league next season. Lessons must be learnt from what has happened this year. I see your favourite player is Jim McNichol, Hector. Let's hope there's a police dog on duty for the Bristol Rovers game ..... !
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hector think you will find the majority will agree with you, however Smiffy is right, now is not the time also think us fans need to wait until we know what division the team will be in next term.

All us fans can do now is keep our powder dry and support the team who ever plays, hope the team turn up to the last 4games with the right attitude fight and determination, hope we get the dodgy decision go our way and a bit luck. There will plenty of time over the summer for us fans to get our frustrations of our chests

Atleast if we stay in the league the board can have a good row ,clear the air and make decisions to take our club forward and ensure as much as possible the goings on and mistakes of this season never happen again. If we are relegated there is no lotto winner to help pull us back, the club will not have the income to support league football for a very long time, it is more likely we would become a Lincoln rather than Wrexham and the board will be unable to put right the wrongs of this season, thats why we all just have be united and do our best as fans to support and help avoid relegation.
Formerly known as forevertufc