Fans getting angry.....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RN Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicho

Fans getting angry.....

Post by RN Gull »

At the final whistle today in The Bench there was near on a punch up between 2 middle aged guys. One guy was shouting real obscenities at the players & manager as they were leaving the pitch, the other guy told him to shut up and get behind the team. The first guy then threatened to punch the other guy's face in and went over to him in a threatening manner.... i really thought it would come to blows but the 2nd guy calmed the aggressive guy down. Incidently Stewards just looked on - which was correct as intervention might have inflamed the situation.
Point is, when fans shout abusive stuff at the players it does no good apart from making the person shouting feel better. I am sure the negativity of some fans is having an effect on our play. I felt like shouting at them mind - but managed to stay calm. However, i can understand the guy's frustration - a lot of our players seem to have given up and are just going through the motions. This should be addressed by Mr Knil ASAP!

Stay calm guys!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I think the players need to hear the frustration. I walked past the players car park this evening looked at all of their cars....anyone would think looking at that car park that they were all businessmen, employing people and making a real contribution to the town.

I think even at this lowly level they are getting far to highly paid for the effort and results they are achieving.

It will all of course become crystal clear just how un-valued they are in the summer. i can only see 1 or 2 of those players being signed by a league team and the rest will fall into non-league obscurity.

This may seem harsh, but I think deep down they know the situation and it does not REALLY matter to them if the club survive or not....because they will be released anyway.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

been like this on the popside for a few games, people having a go at each other, fustration has got the better of most people, we are all passionate about our club i suppose and it all boils over.we have to get behindthe players or else we are gone.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i think they need shouting at!!
they will all be unemployed in less than two months, if the manager(s) cant give them the kick up the arse they need, and the dwindling crowds at plainmoor cant gee them up then then the only thing we have left is to abuse them!!

their job is to play football and win matches. they seem capable of neither at the moment, they may get jobs with another team, but our football club is sliding downwards, they need to roll their socks up and play for their **** lives!!

mods, lets have a two month embargo on swearing cos these boys need to get to **** grips and play for their careers and futures as well as the life of our lovely little **** football club!!

born yellow, die yellow!!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 09 Mar 2013, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

poke, downes, howe , thats about it i reckon
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

I clearly need to read more then, because I would never have thought anyone selling a book would write anything other than the absolute truth

You've been had if you believe all the junk that's been written

If footballers have not planned for a life out of football after they are 34/35 then that is their look out....they've had long enough to think about it and an amazing amount of free time to do something about it!

It's a cushy life and supporters deserve more
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yep got caught right in the middle of that. Tempers were well heated but eventually they both calmed down. As for the stewards - well they were about 14. Hardly likely to get involved.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

I actually think your reply is quite fair....but it is a cushy life and one which allows most of the players to spend their afternoons in ladbrookes!

They really DO have the time to plan their future lives.

My lad gets excited and is proud to be getting £25 a match playing football .....if only we could have the commitment his team show at Plainmoor this afternoon.....if we did we would not even be having this conversation
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

What right does anyone have of telling someone having a pop to shut up and sit down? Is the man doing the scolding of the other man right then? It's his choice to remain calm and support the team whilst it's the other blokes choice to stand up and have a go. Do we all want a ground full of statues then? I don't condone shouting at the players and i don't do it regardless at the games but i wish these do gooders would p*ss off now. It's not your ground and it's not your life, it's the other persons life doing the shouting so get on with your own life and stop interfering in others FFS! I could understand if it was racial abuse or excessive foul language as then it's a moral obligation to intervene but otherwise you sit down and shut up!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Could they not have put these two on the center circle and given the fans their monies worth?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

usagullmichigan wrote:Could they not have put these two on the center circle and given the fans their monies worth?
:lol:

Apologies for being a tw*t the other week USA, i over-reacted and said some embarrassing things. :Oops:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Apologies for being a tw*t the other week USA, i over-reacted and said some embarrassing things. :Oops:[/quote]

Don't worry Andy, The wife get's like it too when it's ladies week <3
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Kind thanks and regards.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I was stoking you up as well though, just not at the mantlepiece
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

usagullmichigan wrote:I was stoking you up as well though, just not at the mantlepiece
I meant what i said then! :lol: