Before the moaners start.....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Before the moaners start.....

Post by tktufc91 »

Firstly, we will not be playing sides of Leicester's quality week in, week out. Leicester have invested millions in their squad and they should be aiming for promotion this season

Secondly, we have played well, especially in the first half. If only Morris had found the net at 0-0, we could have been looking at a different game altogether.

Thirdly, we always do shite in the League Cup anyway, and had one of the toughest draws of the first round. I mean Plymouth are only just beating a Pompy youth team at home.

Finally, No Bodin, No Stevens, No Craig and No Macklin in the squad. Players who could have possibly caused Leicester problems.

Granted, there has to be an improvement for Saturday but as far as I am concerned, I expected us to get beat and we did get beat.

No shame losing to a top quality Championship side in Leicester.

Moaners, you may proceed.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We were missing a few tonight and we can't cope with that against a side like this. It was a guaranteed loss but I am concerned over individuals and at how lightweight our squad is.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agreed Tom, I had the missfortune to be stood next to the biggest bunch utter retards , all in the 50's/60's near the halfway line, every minute oh thats rubbish, oh he is crap, moan, moan and moan, why even bother going if you think the team so poor, I know the club would lose money however I would rather have crowds of 1500 full of fans who want to support their team, the team gave every thing they had tonight.

I did try in vien to point out we were up against a side who are amongst the pre-season favourites for promotion to the premier league and showed why tonight, I am not to upset, never nice to lose 4.0 in any game let alone at home, the gulf in class was their for all to see, yet at times in the first half we played some good football matched them and created a few chances of our own.

See this match for what it was, keep calm and carry on.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Season starts Saturday.

As far as I am concerned (and felt the same before kick-off) that was just an extra PSF.

Hope we can get a few more fit for Fleetwood as I have to agree that we look a little light in terms of options on the bench when 3 or 4 are out. I am sure this is the case with many teams around us however, and a reflection on a sensible budget due to our income.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Surely no one who can operate a computer is stupid enough to judge anything about TUFC from tonight's game?

OP is absolutely right, half our first team missing, we're playing a team who will likely be three divisions above us 12 months from now and we gave them two of their goals. They were by far the best of the Championship sides I have seen us play; better than Saints, Blackpool and Reading.

We'll be just fine.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

To be fair, from what I have read the response to tonight's game has been refeshingly realistic. Most people seem to realise that we were never going to seriously challenge Leicester, a team who would almost certainly sack their manager if they don't make the play-offs.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

How many Championship teams, let alone League 2 teams, are going to fall foul to 4 or more goals to Leicester this season?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Couldnt agree more to the above comments, it was only last season we conceded 4 against Southampton and look how we performed the rest of the season. The season starts Saturday. At least no one got sent off or got injured.
Lucy
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no need for the alarms bells at this stage, leicester are a class side and we did not digrace ourselves, we had 3 sure starters out and i trust in martin ling to get this side on top of its game, when billy is back along side rene we will be hard to stop up front .
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Stevens and Bodin maybe, but we're not including Craig and MAcklin in any of these sure starters are we?

Championship or not, getting hammered 4-0 at home isn't ideal for your first match.

I'll take a draw on saturday.
TUST #324
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

maybe not numpte but we cant base the season on last night result against a top team who cost millions to put together.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I think St martins comments on the OS today confirms that we need to keep our feet on the ground. We have all had our expectations raised these last 5 years. Now we expect to win most games. Beat higher league opposition and win promotion. Well listening to some of you, who would not get that impression.
We had a reality check last night. as did quite a few league clubs. We did not disgrace ourselves but we could have performed better if all accounts are to be believed.
This is the beginning of a new season. We will no doubt have a little time to get going and firing on all cylinders. Other teams may have the same problem. Some teams will go all out from the start and fade away later.
I would prefer we started without too much fuss. We wouldn't want to be top straight away and be the target for all the others to beat. Not yet anyway.
Let's keep the pressure on other teams, not us. Let the lads do thier job confidently and quietly without fuss. Keep on shouting encouragement and suport from the sidelines and let's see us quietly creep up on the front runners and take them all be surprise.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

Just sayin, Craig and Macklin shouldn't be regarded as 1st team regulars as some above think considering they've probably played 5 pro games between them, 1 of which has played zero.
TUST #324
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

numpte wrote:Just sayin, Craig and Macklin shouldn't be regarded as 1st team regulars as some above think considering they've probably played 5 pro games between them, 1 of which has played zero.
I have a feeling they will be when fit after Ling's comments about last night!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

Its beyond me why people think Macklin will be anything other than his normal excellent pre season and disapointing thereafter. He's been here for nigh on 3 years which can only be described as a waste of wages and only a couple of weeks back the majority were hoping Hereford would take him.

Slightly worrying and I hope and am sure Ling comes with skeptical eyes for Lloyd.
TUST #324