What's he worth?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

What's he worth?

Post by Richinns »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI. ... 5984891893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Already at £205 as I post this!

Made me laugh!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Genius.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Man of principles and i agree with him in some respects but football has changed so much due to 'branding' and creating income streams and even i have come to accept the futility of trying to rebel against it. One aspect of all this rebranding obsession is that of changes in club crest / badge design. Established teams with so much history have simply changed their badges on a whim and for what? Most of them look like shit and bear little resemblance to their original appearance. With this is mind it is no surprise that Cardiff have switched strip colours and i'm sure other clubs will eventually sell their traditions down the river to generate cash. It's the way of it now sadly. Top stuff though that ebay page!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I see somebody on that eBay page wrote 'whom ever' when he should have written 'whoever'. Aarrgh..!!! :@
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

can you imagine when the winning bid is announced he has been bought by a swansea fan :~D
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He's made it very clear that bids cannot be from Swansea or Bristol City fans. One thing I don't think he actually ruled out was Cardiff though...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Hardly a new thing brought in by foreign owners. We were once blue, then black and white, that was years ago!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I feel bad for him (or at least, as bad as I ever can about Cardiff fans) but it does seem like a pretty impotent* gesture. You just know that eventually he'll go back to the club he loves. This is why owners want to get involved with football clubs - we as fans are simply not like usual paying customers. I really would like to see every club become owned by the fans, but it's just not practical.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

that is brilliant, if you read some of the questions at the bottom too they are fantastic, especially:

Q: I notice you have received neutral feedback selling a previous item - Nike mens long sleeved zipped top. size M grey (#230725399507). not like new as listed - smelly with what looks like a tea stain down the front - slippery.pete ( 1015) 11-Jan-12 11:33
Can you guarantee the winning bidder will receive 'the item' in perfect condition? 20-Jul-12

A: I don't drink tea, and will have a shower before the game. :clap: :lol:

and this:

Postage on this item is free, unless you wish for me to be sent to the stadium in a big wooden crate. Please specify your preference upon winning the auction and I will find out a price from the Post Office for human transportation. :lol: :lol:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I like this one!

Q: Good on you my friend. I support a man (Woman) who stands up for their princibles. I'm getting fed up with these foreign owners, who come into our national game, and want to change our club's long held traditions. Seeing as you already have a yellow shirt, I might bid so that you can come and support my team, the mighty Gulls who are Torquay United.

A: Sounds good, I've always been fond of the seaside. I can even learn to hate Exeter if you want!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Richinns wrote:I like this one!

Q: Good on you my friend. I support a man (Woman) who stands up for their princibles. I'm getting fed up with these foreign owners, who come into our national game, and want to change our club's long held traditions. Seeing as you already have a yellow shirt, I might bid so that you can come and support my team, the mighty Gulls who are Torquay United.

A: Sounds good, I've always been fond of the seaside. I can even learn to hate Exeter if you want!
I'm sure this wouldn't be hard for him to learn!
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

On £460 now :lol:
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Top bid £895 now! Will be interesting to know which team he will be supporting next season!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: