Goals you'll always remember.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Look no further than Sills at Wembley. The moment all pressure was lifted and we knew League football was returning to Plainmoor.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

2 for me, Jo Kuffour away at Yeovil in around 2002/03 when he scored with a cheeky backheel right in front of the travelling away fans.

The other was one of the best goals I've ever seen at Plainmoor.

David Graham v Hull in 03/04 promotion season - 30-35 yards out on the right hand side of the pitch, receives the ball with his back to goal, takes a quarter turn and rifles it straight into the top left hand corner over the Goalie who had no chance at all. Utter brilliance.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I will always remember Silly's goal, absolute stunning header from a superb Wayne Carlise cross. However Hargreaves' goal was brilliant as well! 30 yard thunderbolt, went absolutely nuts when that went in!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Alan Connell vs Lincoln, 1st home game of the 2005-06 season i think. Brilliant strike about 35 yards out.

Went on to win 2-1 and Lincoln ended the match with 10 men!
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Mr Burnz wrote:Alan Connell vs Lincoln, 1st home game of the 2005-06 season i think. Brilliant strike about 35 yards out.

Went on to win 2-1 and Lincoln ended the match with 10 men!
I think that was against Shrewsbury? It was our first win of the 2005-06 season (in something like our 8th game) and Connell's goal was about 1 minute in - and the goalkeeper was Joe Hart.

The most memorable part of that game for me was the first half performance of Mamadou Sow - he looked an absolute world beater. Unfortunately I also went to the (next?) game at Mansfield, in the pouring rain, and Sow was the standout dismal performer in perhaps the worst Torquay performance I have ever seen.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

4 brilliant goals in one game. Scarborough play off. Rodney Jack with two, Steve McCall beauty in top corner, I think the other was Paul Gibbs. First time I ever started a chant too!!
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Sako vs Rovers 05/06. Last minute.

Crowd went pretty mental that day on a cold december day!
OxfordSteve
New Signing
New Signing

Post by OxfordSteve »

What? No-one mentioned Paul Hinshelwood's lob over the keeper from the halfway line in the 5-2 away at Kiddyfiddler Harriers in '07??
...used to be WitneyGull....
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I do remember that Steve! :)

Also remember David Grahams goal against Hull, was a great strike.

Keep 'em coming.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

So many to choose from!

- Nicho and Eunan's screamers, and Rene's at Burton to name a few from this season.
- Hilly's goal against Exter in 'that' play-off semi final second leg at Plainmoor (absolute cracker).
- Thorpey's overhead kick and Sako's screambox from the 'dark' years.
- Either of the goals from Southend in the L1 promotion year, although my particular favourite from that era was Jason Fowler's beauty from 20 yards into the bottom corner at Northampton on the opening day of the season.
- And already mentioned, but definitely worth another, any of the goals from the 4-1 over Scarborough in 1998.

But in terms of a goal I'll always remember, for it's sheer significance, symoblic-ness and the awesome move that set it up - it has to be Sillsy's header at Wembley.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Sills' goal at Wembley for me too - if only for THAT cross by Wayne....dare I say we have missed a crosser of that calibre for a while now.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

On the negative side - one i won't forget for a while - Nick Powells injury time equaliser for Crewe. Never known an atmosphere change so much because of one goal in any game in my life!! :'(
okeygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by okeygull »

Sills Wembley Goal.
A sills penalty against Northwich victoria (Home ) in the Last Minute to halt our poor start to the season.
Andy Gurney Goal against Exeter at Home.
Sako at Bristol Rovers...... I also remember the yellow army going nuts.
Phil Lloyd blasting in from 25 yards against Swansea in the Sherpa Van Trophy. ( Remembered as he hardly ever scored ).
Don O'riodan tapping in from 1 yard to win at St James Park on a Boxing Day.
Steve McCalls goal v Scarborough ( Pure Class )
Gary Nelson scoring in the last minute at home to Brighton on a New Years Day. It was the coldest day I can ever remember at Plainmoor

And two Eiffion Williams stoppage time goals to beat Blackpool 3-2 after a streaker had interrupted play and increased the stoppage time.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

okeygull wrote:
And two Eiffion Williams stoppage time goals to beat Blackpool 3-2 after a streaker had interrupted play and increased the stoppage time.
What a great game that was! Can hardly believe it was 12 years ago. Brett Ormerod was playing for them and scored, Habib Sissoko (now there was a player!) levelled it up for us at half time with a pretty decent volley - about the only thing he ever did for us - before Ormerod scored again in the second half. Then cue Eifion with two stoppage time goals - the second of which was a brilliant solo run and thumping top corner finish. One of my early Torquay heroes was Eifion - largely down to that game!

Would love to see that game again.
okeygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by okeygull »

Eifion was a player I enjoyed watching also. Can remember his debut hat-trick against Hartlepool. Peter Beardsley was playing for them that day.

Cant believe I forgot this one .........

Jean - Pierre Simb scoring at home ( not sure against who ) but celebrating by running the down by the " pop " high fiving supporters.