predictions

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

predictions

Post by supergulls »

with the current team being broken up how does everybody think we will do next season, if we do not buy the right players and they do not gel quickly i can see us struggling. what are our expectations as to where we finish ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I see a season to be proud of. A new stand, a Manager showing how the job should be done and us striving to be the top club in Devon.

No need to be negative just because we're losing three players that were lynchpins, they were always going to move on at some point, that's how it is for a club like ours.

In Ling we trust!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We're bound to hit a spell of poor form sometime during the season. It happened last year, eight games without a win. Happens to most teams every year to some degree or other. But, given what happened last year and the minor miracle Martin Ling achieved in the season, if that was a season of consolidation I'd be more than happy with the same again. No reason to feel anything other than optimistic. I'd even be happy with a nice little cup run and a mid-table finish combined with more profitable business in the transfer market in preparation for a serious promotion challenge the following season. That will give my eyes time to recover from the dazzling effect of the new grandstand.. :)
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

We have been a victim of our own success last season, it was always going to happen. When you have quality players all regularly getting in the team of the week etc other clubs will always come knocking. I think it is a buyers market out there at the minute as there are so many players available on a free transfer. It's just down to Martin bringing in the right players. As said above with the new stand opening and a new training ground and a few quid in the bank things are not really that bad.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

My prediction?...............Pain.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I dont know if we'll trouble the auto's, or even the play offs, but we certainly wont struggle at the wrong end of the table.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

royalgull wrote:My prediction?...............Pain.
Methinks you have crossed to the dark side, and you used to be such a good boy... :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Too early to tell - so far only Bobby has left. If more do then we will need to see who they are replaced with first before even thinking about predictions for next season. We have a good manager who has earnt our trust so I am not currently worried.
Last edited by Richinns on 21 Jun 2012, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Predictions, for me a tad to early, as it stands the club have only lost 1 player, apart from those released, and us fans must not forget that, whether Eunan and mark go aswell still remains to be seen.

the club have a new stand as we know, and have challenged for promotion in the last 2 seasons, hopefully this will inspire more local stay away fans come back and give the club the backing they deserve, and hopefully like Shrewsbury who narrowly missed out a couple of times, our club can kick on and gain promotion this time out.

If the club does lose Mark and Eunan I have no doubt the board will give Lingy every assistance to bring in the right players, so all in all I think we have nothing to be negative about, and should wait and see how our squad shapes up for next season, I for one am looking forwards not backwards.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

forevertufc wrote: Methinks you have crossed to the dark side, and you used to be such a good boy... :)
Never seen Rocky III? ;-)
Attachments
200px-Clubber_Lang.jpg
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep got it, twas having a joke with you my good man... :)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I agree with forevertufc it is too early to predict and there is no need to be all negative and think that the season ahead is going to be all doom and gloom. With Bobby gone (and most probably Ellis and O'Kane going to) we should all have the faith in Ling to replace these players and add if possible. As I said in another thread, last year Ling came to Torquay with no money to spend and created a team who finished in the play off's and fought for automatic promotion for most of the 2nd half of the season. Now if you think Ling will not bring in the right players, while experiencing last season, I think you're being too much of a sceptic. Ling will bring in the right players with good ability to do the business in league 2, keep the faith and remember.....LING IS KING ;-) :nod:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

we're all doomed i tell you dooooooooooommmmeedddddd. It wont matter anyways the world ends in Dec 2012 have you lot not seen the film and read the press.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If the world does end, lets hope it after 5pm 22nd Dec, by then we would have just beat the scum and already have beaten Plymouth. :clap:
Lucy
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

My prediction on the 2012 thing is this:

The Mayan calendar is lacking a large part of our Gregorian one, these things called Leap Years. After over 2000 years since the Mayans existed, that equates to around 500 days extra we have had compared to them. Meaning, if the World was going to end in December 2012, it will have actually happened in around September last year.

As for Torquay, I believe Martin Ling will bring in replacements more than capable of covering the gaps left by Bobby, Eunan and Mark. Not that they are bad players but I believe all are replaceable to a League 2 standard, allowing top quality players to be brought in wherever Ling feels he can. Next season I think will be another play-off chase. I don't think we'll be relegation battling and we definitely won't be mid table, because we never are.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"