Atieno gone

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Atieno gone

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

He's off. Probably for the best. Few important goals but needs to go...especially if Jarvis comes in (which, reading between the lines of the article, sounds possible).

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 66,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

I think this is great news, he hasn't done anything really special and hardly shows any intrest in the game or the club, Mr Ling is making some great desicions.
My Life To Live!
COYY
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

From reading that article it makes it sound very much as though Jarvis has agreed to join.....
If so, definitely a step up from Tai, and hopefully there's space for another top class striker in the budget too, although I get the feeling it will be spent on wingers
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Not too disappointed. Tai isn't league quality but should do well in the BSP if given the opportunity.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

interesting decision considering yesterday we were being told Jarvis has 28 days to consider his offer. hopefully this means Jarvis has agreed the deal, or we could be very short of options up front next season !!

once again though, well done ML for the clean and BS-free handling of the situation.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Yeah, I envisage we could find somebody better, either picked up on a free or on loan. Sounds like that someone will be Jarvis, but I'd quite like to see another striker on the books.

ML isn't mincing his words with regards to player departures! Though if we've had the best of Tai I'm doubly glad we're getting rid.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Didn't rate him at all and was hoping he would not be offered a new deal.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

100% the correct decision but the worrying thing for me is the implication we do not have room in the budget for them both. Hope this does not mean we cannot afford to bring someone else in because we desperately need more than 2 options and Yeoman up top.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Richinns wrote:100% the correct decision but the worrying thing for me is the implication we do not have room in the budget for them both. Hope this does not mean we cannot afford to bring someone else in because we desperately need more than 2 options and Yeoman up top.
That doesn't worry me too much really. If everybody thinks we have a constricted budget, maybe wage demands won't be so high. You know what happens when players and clubs think you have a massive budget - they start asking for silly money.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Richinns wrote:100% the correct decision but the worrying thing for me is the implication we do not have room in the budget for them both. Hope this does not mean we cannot afford to bring someone else in because we desperately need more than 2 options and Yeoman up top.
This is what I read also. Couldn't afford to keep Jarvis and Atieno - ALARM BELLS. And some of you thought we'd be in for McLeod LOL!!!!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I'm being positive and reading in to it that it was either JArvis or Atieno and Jarvis has accepted. This leaves room for one more forward as wasn't Mcphee brought in ostensibly as a striker and he's sure to be snapped up by a conf club.
TUST #324
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

numpte wrote:I'm being positive and reading in to it that it was either JArvis or Atieno and Jarvis has accepted. This leaves room for one more forward as wasn't Mcphee brought in ostensibly as a striker and he's sure to be snapped up by a conf club.
I am not sure about this. He is local and use to commute to Kidderminster so have the worrying feeling he will sit tight and see out the year left on his contract. Hope I am wrong.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Mcphee will go, one of the southern BSP clubs no problem, he is after all a decent BSP player, Newport have been mentioned, Forest Green of all clubs are splashing the cash.

Think there is more liklihood of Macklin sitting on his backside all year.
TUST #324
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Bit surprised by this - as Ling always talked-up Atieno's performances - but not particularly disappointed.

Unfortunately I get the feeling he's going to be used disparagingly on here to compare with strikers in the future ('can't be any worse than Atieno' etc.). I think this would be really unfair, as are comments he didn't show effort. At times he was simply asked to fulfil a role he wasn't capable of – Rene's.

Whilst acknowledging his inability to retain possession for longer than half a second at Cheltenham, he should also be thanked for his crucial goals in big games at Bristol Rovers (where he looked a world-beater!), Oxford, and the winners at home to Swindon and Shrewsbury.

Good luck, Tai! :-D
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Absolutely delighted with this. Sounds harsh, but I was really hoping he'd be let go, and it has come to be.

As said, you can't deny he scored some vital goals;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14429564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck in the future.