McLeod released by Barnet

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

McLeod released by Barnet

Post by ferrarilover »

They must be **** ing mad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18153029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't **** about, get him on the phone, 0900 tomorrow and offer him £20,000 to sign and a grand a week, we can use the wages we'll save from sacking Taiwo, or selling his kidneys on Latvian EBay or something.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
TorquayBoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by TorquayBoy »

Be a great signing!!
gulltom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by gulltom »

Reported to have a very bad attitude, not sure he's the kind of character I'd want in my dressing room to be honest. I imagine pretty much every team in the two lower divisions will be interested in securing his services...

IF we did sign him he'd easily be on the biggest wage in the club and would be a very high risk investment. He's scored two goals since Xmas and I imagine would be very unwilling to move down here (has spent pretty much his whole career in the London area) Not sure Lingy's cockneyisms can keep him happy so far away from the Big Smoke!

Would he also partner Rene well?

We'd be much better of looking elsewhere to someone a bit less high profile that would fit our system better such as a better Atieno type player
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You can't say
gulltom wrote: not sure he's the kind of character I'd want in my dressing room to be honest.
Then follow it up with this
gulltom wrote:I imagine pretty much every team in the two lower divisions will be interested in securing his services...
If he's that good, I don't give a damn if he makes Dinger give him a blowjob at half time.
gulltom wrote:IF we did sign him he'd easily be on the biggest wage in the club and would be a very high risk investment.
With great risk comes great reward, like unprotected sex with a hooker.
gulltom wrote:He's scored two goals since Xmas
FOR **** ing BARNET - A team full of shaved monkeys would create more threat, it's a bloody miracle he scored at all with that dross around him.
gulltom wrote:Would he also partner Rene well?
Excellent finisher, faster than greased lightening off a shovel, yup, I'd say so.
gulltom wrote:We'd be much better of looking elsewhere to someone a bit less high profile
Why?

Matt.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Of course we'd take him, he's a proven L2 goalscorer. But no chance will he come here.

Goalscorers at this level are in short supply as it is and many teams will be after him (teams with greater resources and ambition). I wouldn't be surprised if fatty Evans signed him up with his money, if not a L1 club might take a punt.

He's bigger than us and our budget I'm afraid, and he'll know that.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Aside from his usual inane attempts at humour, ferrarilover makes a good point here. Mcleod would be a fantastic signing, and the sort of player that would have fired us to auto promotion this season.

I never thought we'd stump up the cash for (Lazy) Leon Constantine or Zebs, so TUFC are capable of surprising us. As stevegull says, though, it would seem more likely for him to join Rotherham. If he indeed has a poor attitude, he will fit right into their new regime!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

As opposed to Mr Laugh-a-minute JonnyFive?

Loser.

Matt.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

There is absolutely no chance of McLeod signing for Torquay.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:There is absolutely no chance of McLeod signing for Torquay.
Why not? Team who makes the playoffs two years in a row? Why would he not take any interest in us? Worth a dabble I say!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

£££££££££££££
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

maybe he likes the seaside??!!
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:£££££££££££££
Barnet could not be paying him that much dollar? So if we have it - offer him what Rene and Manse is on and if we miss out so be it.
TUST member 328
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

He'll easily find a club willing to give him £2000+ a week as goalscorers are in such short supply. Would you be willing to break your wage structure to try and tempt him? I'd imagine the location will mean you'd never be in the running anyway.

I'd love to see him at the gas but pretty sure a L1 club will take a chance on him. Zebroski is surplus to requirements, would you take him back or do you think he's more likely to head to Luton?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

blueboy wrote:He'll easily find a club willing to give him £2000+ a week as goalscorers are in such short supply. Would you be willing to break your wage structure to try and tempt him? I'd imagine the location will mean you'd never be in the running anyway. I'd love to see him at the gas but pretty sure a L1 club will take a chance on him.
All I am saying is offer him the top of our wage structure and see what happens. Unlikely I know but if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle!
TUST member 328
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bite your hand off to take Zebs back.