Eunan to Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

numpte wrote:He didn't have to sign an extended contract did he? Perhaps the 200k release (rumoured) was part of the deal to sign for another 2 years.

Would it be entirely responsible and sensible to let his contract run out to let a tribunal set a figure? No
No the point is, the club offered him a contract extension, if Eunan would not sign it with out a £200k release clause, our club could have withdrawn that offer, he would have still been contracted untill now, so if he had asked for a transfer a fee would have applied, out of contract this summer age 22 a fee still would have applied, if the two club 's failed to agee it would have gone to tribunal and likely our club would have ended up with more than £200k, so yes if this is true, very bad buisness on the part of our club.

Lol indeed steve.d
Formerly known as forevertufc
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Well, thats a gamble then isn't it? Would you have preferred Mark Ellis to have signed or not as that is the same situation. I know I'd prefer to have him signed but now there is a risk of losing him for not much.
TUST #324
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote: I know it's frustrating Dave but at the end of the day these type of clauses (release fees) are surely all put in by the player, or more accurately the players agent, to ensure that the player's best interests are protected. So that clubs who are reluctant sellers cannot demand "silly" fees for any of their players under contract and thereby denying their player a chance to, in most cases, play at higher level for more money.

Ultimately,it was probably EOKs agent who insisted on the release fee clause and they probably set the level. How negotiable that was, we don't know and whether we could have played hard ball as to the size of it is open to question but I guess our agreeing to it was a factor in EOK signing a new, longer deal a few months back, which he might not otherwise have done?

I know where you're coming from Chris, but even a blind man knows that Eunan is worth a lot more than that. Plenty of people inside football laughing at the figure.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Not sure if it has been said but Bodin has been offered new terms at Swindon, so he probably won't be part of any O'Kane deal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... s-five-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Or they let him go to a tribunal as he's under 24 and out of contract.

Mmmmm, strange that, football club ties player down to contract to protect their interests. See above discussion.
TUST #324
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

numpte wrote:Well, thats a gamble then isn't it? Would you have preferred Mark Ellis to have signed or not as that is the same situation. I know I'd prefer to have him signed but now there is a risk of losing him for not much.
I would prefer both Mark Ellis and Eunan O'Kane to have contracts in place signed and sealed with out cheap sell on clauses of course if that rumour is true, now that is a club protecting it's interest's , as per Swindon Billy Bodin, will hazard a guess right now their will be no sell on clauses for £200k in his contract.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Think the fact that he lingered on the pitch after the final whistle and made sure to take it all in, along with the rumours and the apparent non-comment on the radio, does seem to indicate he's on his way. I do hope it isn't Swindon though, he's better than that.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Eunan to Swindon
Ellis to Notts County(go to tribunal for fee)
Lathrope to Luton

Thats my predictions :)
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I thought Lathrope might go Luton too.Reading todays WMN Eunan says it is very likely that he is off.Also says he had a trial at Exeter before us and they turned him down for being too small.Never new that
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Not sure if this should go in the 'rumour mill' or not. Got flamed for this last time - guess we'll see.

Mark Ellis' brother was talking to us Thursday evening and he said he and his father had just renewed their season tickets before the game! - not sure if that's a good sign but probably so. Oh, and this came from him directly!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tauntongull wrote:Not sure if this should go in the 'rumour mill' or not. Got flamed for this last time - guess we'll see.

Mark Ellis' brother was talking to us Thursday evening and he said he and his father had just renewed their season tickets before the game! - not sure if that's a good sign but probably so. Oh, and this came from him directly!
At the lunch with Lingy, Martin was asked about Mark Ellis, he (Martin) said that Ellis had indicated to both him and the board his wish was to stay at Torquay, I have posted this a few times and been ignored, but then again posting a belief that Ellis will stay does not suit the drama queens, and boy we have more than enough of those.

Reading what you have said couple with what I heard Lingy say, suggests to me that Ellis is looking to to stay, but of course untill the ink is dry who knows.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

northyorkshiregull wrote:I thought Lathrope might go Luton too.Reading todays WMN Eunan says it is very likely that he is off.Also says he had a trial at Exeter before us and they turned him down for being too small.Never new that
If he did that's typical Buckle behaviour, keeping one eye on what his old club is up to.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Didn't get a chance to read the article in the WMN today but I saw the headline at work, pretty certain he'll be gone now. Like others, I hope it is to a team better than Swindon. Somewhere like Crystal Palace, where he'll be given opportunities.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

interesting.............

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 58,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

another classic quote from Lingy - "i didn't know Eunan from a bar of soap............" :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Always dangerous to leave it up to the tribunal to set the fee. Look at John Bostock's move from Palace to Spurs - Palace were wanting £5m, the tribunal set the fee at £700k.

As for negotiating a fee, we are never going to get the best price because of the contract length. If KaneO had 3 years left we could ask for £1m, but with only a year that drops significantly.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084