Ling shows skills in Charity Match

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Ling shows skills in Charity Match

Post by goodluckgull »

We went along to support Torquay United All Stars v Torbay Police today. Lingy looked as though he really enjoyed playing and showed off some great skills. it was good to see the wonderful spirit of Torquay united Management. Nicho, Manse and Mark showed up to give their support and laugh alot !!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Was a brilliant day. Had a laugh with the manager, Taylor, media man Tim and, the real hero of the piece, Andy Candy. Resplendent in cherry red, and in goal for the final 10 minutes. Deeply unfortunate to miss the penalty.
As for the game, well, the group of ex-pros were so far ahead their five oh counterparts, it was like watching Man Utd v QPR.
Had a chat to the three first teamers mentioned, thoroughly nice guys.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Cheers Matt for being prepared to sacrifice your own reputation for honest and unbiased reporting by understating my inadequacies as a goalkeeper. Maybe you did not have the best view ? I thought I was nearly diving full length to try and tip it around the post or is my memory as bad as my goalkeeping?
See you at Oxford!
Andrew
graygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by graygull »

still waiting to see the photo's you took with your ever ready camera.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

So sorry to shatter your illusions dear Andy. in reality you reached down to your left, and to be fair, you almost got to it, but the ball slipped under your outstretched fingers and sort of trickled into the net. I was stood right behind you so had a perfect view. I know the truth hurts, but it's best to be brutally honest. I wouldn't want you to find out the truth,from anyone else, and be mentally scared for the rest of you life. However, if you have told the family that you dived, full length, to your left and caught the ball in your teeth, before punting it back up the field for Tarzan to smash the winner into the net then thats just fine. Unless they read this post, your secret will be safe. :whistle:

See you on Sat.

Christine :~D
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Christine,
Now that I have had time to replay that eventful/aweful moment in my mind a few times, your account does sound vaguely more accurate than mine. The word "trickle" is perhaps the most unfortunate expression as getting my hand to a trickling ball and still failing to keep it out does suggest ( accurately) complete ineptness on my part. I console myself with the fact that goalkeepers generally are not expected to save penalties and I certainly proved that!
I now consider this subject closed as my gloves have been well and truly "hung up".
See you on Saturday.
Regards,
Andrew
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Hi Andy

Still my hero
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks Christine, I can only assume for my help to fans stranded without tickets rather than on the playing side of TUFC !
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Both, Andy. ;-)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

He's not a goalkeeper ! He's a centre forward ! And Ilsham Valley and Westhill School's Finest ! :clap: :bow: :clap:

How you doing with your 5th year Geography ? Caught up yet ?

They don't teach Geography like that these days, do they ? :no:

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

No!!!
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks Trojan for restoring my self respect and bringing back happy memories of scoring goals rather than conceding goals. The geography has now been handed in albeit rather late but unfortunately the teacher has sadly died before he was able to mark it. I am anticipating a low mark for my homework!
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Andy,

Off subject re. the charity match, but wondered if TUFC had any thoughts re. discounted season ticket prices for full time students?

Christine
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Hey Andy. Have you seen todays article in the HE about the charity match?Apparently it was Kenny Veysey who was in goal when the Torbay Police scored a penalty !!! You can now take credit as having similar goalkeeping ability as Kenny because the press cant tell you apart or blame Kenny for not saving the pen!
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Just goes to show that you can't believe what you read in the papers!! I don't think Kenny would be very flattered by this article either in terms of the goalkeeping performance or difference in physical appearance!