All ticket games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ah ha thats how you spell upon :) Think it's fair to say no one in thier right mind expected us to be chasing down an auotmatic promotion spot, and obviously not having the grandstand has thrown a major spanner in the works.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote:And if the best way the police can serve the public is by protecting the innocent masses from the dangerous minority by keeping fans apart or moving games to 1200 so those who can't hack their drink aren't getting pissed up all afternoon pre-match.

Serving the public is about doing what is best for the majority to protect them from the minority, not to bend to the whim of Gullintwoplaces.

As for the decision, I was privy to a conversation earlier today. Suffice to say the decision was not taken lightly by the club.
Matt.
What on earth is that about mate? Bend to MY whim?

Firstly my comment does not criticise the club at all, they have to take a decision against the background of a number of constraints.
Secondly, I have not said that these decisions should be taken on a "whim", as you kindly put it.
Thirdly, I retain the right to criticise the local police's decision-making and priorities in the context of the club that I support. The record of the local police has not been good in the past, I recall the local head of the force (a Superintendent I think, who may no longer be in post) being quite hostile to the club in the past, making it difficult to stage key games. Of course I do not want to see local people faced with pissed up lunatics, but for the most part the clubs that have fans like this are small in number and well known/predictable (Cardiff, Leeds, Millwal, Portsmouth, NOT Crewe or Southend).
Furthermore, I do not accept that the priorities of police leaders in general stack up, as you claim, against the test of "best for the majority". The leaders of our police forces have strange priorities, which don't seem to be strongly connected to catching criminals and preventing crime for the majority. But that is another story, not about football.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Their priorities are based on keeping themselves and the public safe. Also, you seem to suggest the non-priority of your house being burgled as being a problem just in your area. Trust me, its countrywide!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

No I am well aware that this is a national problem, I have had two cars nicked and been burgled once (not in Torbay) and was not impressed by the lack of police interest. I think the priorities set for police forces are also political, but again that is another story!

This is NOT a criticism of individual police officers, who have a very hard job, not made easy by daft politicians, red tape and an unhealthy obsession by their leaders with health & safety and not upsetting minorities.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

The best suggestion was from the guy who phoned the police to say he was being burgled, they said they didn't have any Police available. He then phoned up 2 minutes later and said for them not to worry, he's shot the burglers. Within 3 minutes there were half the region's Constabulary at his front door, catching the burglers red handed. When a Policeman said "I thought you said you'd shot them?" he then replied with "I thought you said there were no Police available!"
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I said earlier to a mate that we should just make it all ticket for away fans with no pay on the day and whatever they sell in advance is the amount of space they get in the away end with the rest being given to home fans. But this was the only other option.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

austrianandygull wrote:Bix, you say that i can buy a ticket for any specified home game at any time. So for example, i could theoretically have bought a ticket for the Crewe game last November? If that is right then i didn't know this, cheers.
i'm sure its at ANY time, i doubt you couldve bought a ticket that far in advance, but you can certainly buy tickets a few weeks ahead, not that theres much likelihood that you'd need to for any game during the rest of the season?
still keeping the faith
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

No problem from me on the all ticket thing. I think the club has considered all the options and are acutely aware of the financial implications. Both games will attract a lot of away support so they may well fill the away end anyway. Accrington were never going to bring the masses with them so the decision to open half the Babacombe End was a sound one and worked. I'll be calling the club to see if I can get tickets either (a) sent to me here in Oxland or (b) picked up from reception on match day. Don't want to miss these as I couldn't get to Sarfend back in 2003/4. Busy pursuading the missus to go to Hereford for the final day as well as we will be in Greater Manchester and Sheffield that weekend so I want to do a detour to Edgar Street on matchday. That could be all ticket especially as the Bulls are staring into the abyss once again. :keepie:
Oblivion!!!!
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

All those that said Southend and Crewe will bring six or seven hundred so there won't be room at the away end for Torquay fans, well that maybe the case, but what I'm saying is we have a very small capacity, so why do we have to give them that many tickets? Can't we give them 400 and share the away end. At Crawley our fans shared an end with theirs, at Plymouth, I believe Argyle fans were behind the corner flag at our end. I think no-one seems to know if the home club can dictate how many tickets away clubs can have.
Secondly, I maybe in dreamland, but I don't reckon Crewe or Southend fans or most in our division are troublemakers. Travelling away fans in particular are nearly always decent bunches, so I can't see a problem with sharing. At many recent away games I've been in pubs where both sets of fans mingled. Even Oxford, where we have had odd nasty incidents, today after just denying them 2 points in the last minute our fans happily chatted with theirs in a pub by the ground.
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Scottish Gull »

See I'm 50/50 yes its a good idea in theory meaning that if all tickets are snapped up bingo goo call, but on the other hand its ridiculous if you don't live within driving distance of the stadium to buy a ticket! But no matter what I will be traveling down for the crewe game on the 28th with or without a ticket!
DJAF
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Again, Scottish, you're just making a fuss. Give the club reception a call and buy your tickets over the phone. Pick them up on the day. No need to get all dramatic and drive down 'with or without a ticket.' Why are people so desperate to bash the club?

Gullintwoplaces, only the first half refers to your previous post, that may not be clear, sorry. Your previous post seemed to be having a go at plod for rearranging games, which you seemed to disagree with. My counter argument is that they do it for the good of the majority who have no desire to have their day ruined by idiots who seem to think that football means drinking contest, then football. Not your whim so much, but it was funnier to put that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

I did think it was a bummer the club stating it will be all ticket games as I'm in Leeds and won't be in the bay until Friday night but I'll just ring the club tomorrow buy my Southend ticket and collect on match day- not disastrous. However does anybody know if you can purchase concession tickets over the phone as you have to provide proof i.e student ID??
Dom, don't stress. I thought after our text convo on Sunday night we agreed I'm going to get your Crewe ticket you pay me back pal???
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

i'm booking my tickets first thing tomorrow and getting them sent up here for a small P&P fee, at least i know i'll have them :)
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

for Crewe? or Southend Gaz? or both? lol
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau