vote: do we want the away end to be ours?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Yes with access to boots and laces
34%
no stay as it is
66%

Total votes: 47

tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

Post by tufc4life1 »

ONLY POPSIDE FANS!!!!!!

I've listened to peoples views on the other vote and the main concern is not being able to go boot and laces at half time so I've changed the question a little bit to see what people think now. if its positive outcome ill send results to club as a mate goes to shareholder meetings so can discuss what we want :)

This would obviously be with the view to put away fans in the new stand so we can access pop and boots and laces at half time without much trouble :)

vote honestly ;-)
Last edited by tufc4life1 on 02 Feb 2012, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As I have said before , having away fans on the popside and Bristows bench would be a non starter, it would present the club with a few problems as well, they would have to move the current safety control room , and would have to produce a sperate season ticket book for the current away end, as fans would be trapped in there with no where to go, you would end up with 20-30 yellow army singers in there, with every one else craming on to the popside.

For me as I, and many others have said before, the only workable solution here, is to split the current away end in half, obviously with the away fans stood next to the bench, and the home fans next to the popside and allowed to go down to Boots/Laces at half time, I believe you can get to the safety control room from around the back of the current away end, if so, the club may not have to move the saftey control room or and create a new one for stewards to take away fans into.

My vote yes with acsess to Boots/Laces.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

We could make a season ticket as a popside/babbacombe end, same price then fans could choose on day where to go ;-)
and don't think they'll split the away end in 2 due to trouble it could cause.

With the safety control tower they can walk around the back and in where players come out now as there's always stewards in that little bit.

personally i think bristow bench best place for them as the club could set up refreshment stand in the corner and we make more money as only option for them is sitting, and our half of the bench can use family stand food and drink stand
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do see where your coming from 4life1, however us fans must realise , the club have match day logistics to think of, they would have to know roughly how many season tickets holders were going use which stand in the event of a high profile match, just imaging say home to Bristol Rovers or if league 1 home to Sheffiled Utd/Wed, having 1000 season tickets holders all deciding to change stands on that day.

Also Bristows bench will have 1750 seats, Bristol Rovers , Plymouth, or again if league 1 where there is a few clubs capable of bringing over 1200 away fans, where you going to put them, as that would mean the club would have diss place home fans out of Bristows bench.

I think a split of the away end, with a temporay divide really is the best way, so in the event of a high profile match the divide in the current away end can be removed , I dont think having a split away will cause any problems, Bristol Rovers . Aldershot are among a number of clubs who a split home/away stand, it would work.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

That's a good point about season tickets actually so forget that :)
true but with split ends always gives possibility of trouble but see how vote goes then club can decide, just need to something about atmosphere some bloke came up end forfirst half last week and said we sang our hearts out and where loud then went halfway line 2nd half and couldn't hear us oxygen if we make noise in away end whole ground can hear us :clap:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The divide would have to be wide enough to stop problems happening , which would cut the capacity however for most games that would not be a problem, and for high profile games, the club would have to make the Babbacombe end away fans only, I think having it split would only help the atmosphere, as you would have a left side, right side competition between both sets of fans to see who could sign loudest.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

It's never going to happen on a permanent basis, but I can't see why not when the away crowd is expected to be only a few hundred. They can go in the end of the bench.

You then have the problem though of home fans wanting to go behind the goal for every game. Where there is a big away following, this would not be possible and we would find ourselves kicked out.

Also, a section of the bench would have to be sectioned off and no season tickets allocated there.

Too much of a headache.

To overcome the B&L half time drink, how about they start serving beer under the pop side or in the corner of the ground instead?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Along the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> behind the goal. From the clubs point of view it's the easiest and most logical place to put the away fans as well.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

as is in my view...just need the crowd to make more noise..can be like a morgue sometimes....
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Stevedeckchair
To overcome the B&L half time drink, how about they start serving beer under the pop side or in the corner of the ground instead?
Although I'm opposed to changing the current set up, there certainly are possible solutions to the 'beer problem' as Steve suggests.
Personally I think the Police Control Area could double as a half time bar for use by fans should we be given the Away End.

A couple of 'Naughty WPC's serving the drinks, & no long walk to Boots & Laces.

SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I was thinking a marquee or similar, perhaps where the changing rooms are.

We can keep the sexy coppers though Joe!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Some are missing a point here. When the old grandstand was up a number of seats were allocated to away fans. Nothing will change when Bristow's Bench is completed as away fans will be allocated a percentage of the total seats available. What that percentage is I don't know. Bristow's Bench capacity 1750 ?

If it's 10% of capacity it's 175 seats
If it's 20% of capacity it's 350 seats
If it's 25% of capacity it's 450 seats approx

Total capacity of the ground with Bristow's Bench completed, 6500 approx ?

Away end capacity 1050 ? Plus 450 seats in Bristow's Bench, total away fans 1500.

1500 away fans in total, is just under 24% of total ground capacity. Seems a fair allocation to me and the away seats allocation will be well away from the halfway line/home area.

Ellacombe End and Popside for home fans only. Away fans with less than 450 to be accommodated in Bristow's Bench with the Babbacombe End opened to the 25 singing members of the Bouncy Castle Youth (Yellow Army). ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Alpine Joe wrote:Stevedeckchair Although I'm opposed to changing the current set up, there certainly are possible solutions to the 'beer problem' as Steve suggests.
Personally I think the Police Control Area could double as a half time bar for use by fans should we be given the Away End.

A couple of 'Naughty WPC's serving the drinks, & no long walk to Boots & Laces.
You've got as bout as much chance as I have of owning United. On second thought You might have a slightly better =chance but no more. Besides. you could always have Trojan and Matt together. They would make quite a pair in orange wigs and Girly skirt and socks. oh and I forgot the Whip and stilletos that Trojan like to wear. :lol:

One other point of note

Qoute "Some are missing a point here. When the old grandstand was up a number of seats were allocated to away fans. Nothing will change when Bristow's Bench is completed as away fans will be allocated a percentage of the total seats available. What that percentage is I don't know. Bristow's Bench capacity 1750 ?"

I am not sure there is a hard and fast rule for league matches but for F.A cup matches you have to give a minimum of 15% of your capacity. Thats roughly 937 based on a capacity of 6250.
As far as I can make out at the moment we are restricted to 4,500. so with 1750 extra seats that will bring us up to 6250.
As far as Rovers bringing down 1,000. Please believe me when I say that if they had a choice they would easily bring 1,000 just for evening matches and 2,000 for Saturdays, even more for bank hols if allowed. They can only bring what we are prepared to let them have within our capacity to get them in and there is no regulations to say where they have to go. If the club really wanted (and I ain't suggesting they would) they could allocate the whole of Bristows Bench to get in as many Rovers fans as possible to maximise revenue. And let us have the rest.
Now let's see what that bit of Rabble rousing stirs up Chris
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I suppose there is the option in the future if attendances rise that we could take what is the smallest end which cost the least and make it bigger. The away end really should be able to be expanded and then we could accomodate both sides so away teams get some seats and a reasonable away terrace with the rest of the terrace for our fans. It can't be that difficult. but only if the money from larger crowds warrented it.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Really want this to happen