CALLING ALL YELLOW ARMY SINGERS - ARGYLE AWAY!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

CALLING ALL YELLOW ARMY SINGERS - ARGYLE AWAY!!

Post by Colorado Gull »

(I know this should be on the Yellow Army board but I wanted to put it on the main board so it gets more of a showing. Also I know there is an "Argyle tickets now on sale" thread but I thought I should make a thread just for this).

So, now the tickets are on sale for the Argyle game all fans should be looking forward to this 2nd Devon Derby of the season. As everyone knows our away support is absolutely fantastic and we should make this game the best ever atmosphere made by the Yellow Army.

I have had an idea for this game since the start of the season and as the tickets are now available I think I should suggest it now.

When we played Shrewsbury in the 2nd leg play off semi-final the atmosphere was amazing and I recall us singing “We love you” for about 15-20 minutes straight, it was brilliant. For any of you that don’t know the chant the lyrics are as follows: We love you, we love you and everywhere we follow, we follow, ‘cos we support the Torquay, the Torquay and that’s the way we like it, we like it, wooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, wooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Ok so there is a point for this post, my suggestion is…..BRING YOUR SCRAVES YELLOW ARMY SINGERS!! Let’s all bring a scarf and sing we love you for a period of time (like Shrewsbury) and when it gets to the “woooaaaahhhh” part everyone with a scarf wave it like mad!! This might not happen, but I thought I should suggest this idea and I personally think that it will look and sound incredible!!

(Here is an example of the palace fans singing their version of we love you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MclV5uFTTds)

So what do you think?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You should have put the Shrewsbury video up Danny, we were louder than the Palace ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Ok Dave! :-D

Here is our version of the song at Shrewsbury (go to 1:56): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjqWnBmucac

What's your opinion of my suggestion?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Ok Dave! :-D

Here is our version of the song at Shrewsbury (go to 1:56): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjqWnBmucac

What's your opinion of my suggestion?
Was that 'There's only one Paul Buckle' being bellowed out in the link? ;-)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

stefano wrote: Was that 'There's only one Paul Buckle' being bellowed out in the link? ;-)
:lol: yes it was! I always skip that bit when I watch that video :lol:
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Likeing this idea loadsa noise and loadsa yellow...... and loadsa goals (tquay ones)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not happy Danny as i can't make this as the trains from oop north are not practical. Would have loved to have gone as i've never been to a devon derby let alone one with argyle. I'm planning to bomb down the motorways for the Swindon game on Boxing Day though. Does anyone from previos experience of attending boxing day games think the Swindon game will be all ticket? I know they will fetch a few. Cheers and WILL YOU SING A SONG FOR ME? WILL YOU SING A SONG FOR ME? (In the style of 'shall we sing a song for you? YES YOU BLOODY WELL SHALL!!!) :-D :scarf: (8)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

How many fans we reckon we will get there then. I know its ambitous but being so close, surley get 1000 away fans. Just dont see why we couldnt get that many
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'd be disappointed if we don't have 1500 there Brett. Infact, should we do well between now and then, it could get closer to 1800/2000. I already know a few of my mates who don't normally go but are buzzing for this one!

The question is, do we know if the Club are doing it row by row, or do you get a choice? (at back/front/middle etc?)
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

NickGull wrote:I'd be disappointed if we don't have 1500 there Brett. Infact, should we do well between now and then, it could get closer to 1800/2000. I already know a few of my mates who don't normally go but are buzzing for this one!

The question is, do we know if the Club are doing it row by row, or do you get a choice? (at back/front/middle etc?)
Same here nick, at least ten of the 'one game a season' lads from school are coming along and really up for it.
Doubt people will sit/stand where they're supposed to, when does that ever happen? Take Shrews away in the playoffs for example, we all went where we wanted to and created a much better atmosphere as a result.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

I'm glad someone decided to bring this up, was thinking about saying the same .. its a proven fact that teams play better when their fans are right behind them both in a physical and an atmospheric sense .. it doesn't matter if we're one nil down or 3 nil up, we should be creating the best possible atmosphere anyway. Especially against a rival .. i've been in the Argyle away end before and you can generate a lot of noise, it probably will be a packed house too so that should add to it providing the Argyle fans play their part. All in all the more noise we make the better we are likely to play and the more likely to come away with 3 points.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..