manse and nico new deals!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

manse and nico new deals!

Post by Yellow4life »

Expected to sign within the week!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/7354350/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Two key players for us and players that love the club. Excellent news.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

great news, get the whole squad signed up asap, we're gonna be attracting some attention with our style of play over the coming months, so if anyones gonna leave we need to make sure we get as much as we possibly can for them, and certainly dont want anyone running their contract down and going for naff all
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Good new's indeed two very important players for us :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

No mention of Robbo there then? According to Martin Ling we were in contract extension talks with three of the squad (Manse, Nico and Robbo) at the end of September. It doesn't mean that he (Robbo) won't sign but it wouldn't surprise me if he wants to "consider his options" in the summer - there was some talk (on here) of him following Bucks to BRFC last summer and so it wouldn't be a massive surprise if that were to happen.

Anyway, good to hear that two of our real stalwarts of the club in Manse and Nico are looking to stay for a bit longer. They both seem to love the club, love the area and perhaps more importantly love each other!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Huzzah! Two very important players and fan favourites. Excellent news.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Great news - two fantastic blokes, pros and servants to our club.

Having watched the stream of the Sheffield United match, Manse was everywhere again. This season is the first time I've seen him play and genuinely thought he could hack it in League 1. Suspect he would've caught the attention of higher placed clubs had we been stupid enough to leave this til the summer. As for Nicho – simply the best left foot in the bottom two divisions.

Legends in the making, the pair of them…
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Fantastic news!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Its good to see these excellent club servants being offered contract extensions from a manager who is looking to stay and remould/rebuild the squad and not from a manager who delays the signing of players to keep HIS selfish options open.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Marathon girl
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by Marathon girl »

great news
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

both confirmed as signed on the OS now

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 99,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Both full deserving of the new deals, models of consistency and great guys to have about the place. Very good news. if Nicholson had pace he'd be playing in the Championship.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

yeah, great news. these guys mean so much to the club and the fans, and fully deserve their new deals.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Spot on there, Two servants of the club who have shown real loyalty and regard us with respect and two heads with a little wisdom. quote. we have seen a few players move and and see it's mot nec greener on the other side of the fence. Well in Rovers case it's blue. Plymouths would be green but i bet that's now more to do with their stomachs as they view the trapdoor opening up beneath em.
Long may their careers blossom and may more power be endowed in their shooting boots. I expect that now with the contracts signed we may well see even better performances from them.
Thankyou Nico the Pocket battleship and Ironman Manse. Respect in huge doses to both of you.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Superb news, but there is a darker side to the story (and a reason for Manse's goalscoring exploits) - from the BBC:

"Mansell and Nicholson, who are good friends off the pitch, had a bet on the number of goals Mansell would score this season, with Nicholson agreeing to clean Mansell's house naked should he top six goals."

Do you think it works the other way for Nicho, and thus we can expect a few more from him?