Average Attendance Stats

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Average Attendance Stats

Post by tufcbrett »

The Stats of the club over the last few years are quite intresting. Worth a look at to see how this seasons crowds have compared to others.

http://www.european-football-statistics ... ngland.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Intresting to see in our first season in the BSP we averaged 3125 fans but this season we averaged 2631.
I know due to the credit crunch and all that has played a big part but will be intresting to see if the amout of people this season drops or does make an increase.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

tufcbrett wrote:The Stats of the club over the last few years are quite intresting. Worth a look at to see how this seasons crowds have compared to others.

http://www.european-football-statistics ... ngland.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Intresting to see in our first season in the BSP we averaged 3125 fans but this season we averaged 2631.
I know due to the credit crunch and all that has played a big part but will be intresting to see if the amout of people this season drops or does make an increase.
When we were promoted to league 1 playing the likes of Sheff Weds and Barnsley our home attendances were hardly inspiring were they. If we played Man U at Plainmoor we probably wouldn't sell out as is the apathy in the bay. I found the league 1 stats quite amazing.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Interesting stats. What I find informative is 1972 5677 Div 3 then 1973 3300 Div 4. We have never recovered since. It certainly proves the 1950/1960 decades were the golden period for attendances at Plainmoor.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Look at the stats in depth and it appears we haven't recovered from the near miss of 1967-68. :'(

Saturday night kick-offs, double decker fans buses from all parts of South Devon parked in Westhill Avenue (opposite what is now Waitrose) and of course, the "real" reason why gates diminished from that point on . . . . . .

"Torquay can't afford to go up."

It was b'llocks then and it's b'llocks now. :@

"Because someone says something you believe them ?" I'm getting pissed off repeating that.

The apparent observation is, back then, some did believe the myth. Worryingly, some still believe the myth now.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Many of the games in the BSP years, people used to turn up expecting a cricket score. It wasn't about whether we'd win, more about how many we'd score. We have a core that will turn up regardless, but there are people who will come along if they feel certain that there'll see a few goals. If we got relagated 3 divisions, we'd probably get 8,000.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Fonda wrote:Many of the games in the BSP years, people used to turn up expecting a cricket score. It wasn't about whether we'd win, more about how many we'd score. We have a core that will turn up regardless, but there are people who will come along if they feel certain that there'll see a few goals. If we got relagated 3 divisions, we'd probably get 8,000.

:O :rofl:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I thought I'd bump this one up (from page 5 of the archive). ;-)

So then, what's our average attendance this season likely to be ?

Factors to consider : recession, form, weather, brucie, etc . . .

The attendance v Bristol City was encouraging and a pointer.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I for one despite the loss of one stand temporarily down one side hope that our attendances rise. We certainly need another couple of hundred regularly to be able to keep this squad going. I feel Martin Ling has done well with signings and the match agains't City showed we have strength in depth in many positions but loan signings later on will be neccassary as injuries and suspensions may well mean we need extra's in some departments. Hopeing for regular 3,000
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843