Q&A with Gary and Downesy.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

I got to speak to GJ and AD before the first home game of last season. There was probably nothing they did not know about the upcoming season..they knew it was going to be really tough and it was. Stating the obvious…it’s football with a million variables and anything can happen which is why we love it. GJ still has credit in the football bank with this fan so let’s put last season away and do what we can. Turn up and supported Team.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Much rather it was a "Q&A evening with George and Clarkey", with whom the future and very existence of our club lies and to whom so many vitally important questions need to be asked and answered.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

Owners of clubs…unless they’re genuine home grown fans are their own masters. We may have folded without them. Hopefully (wilful ignorance perhaps) their motive for pumping millions into our club are benign. It doesn’t materially matter day to day as we have no control over their actions. We’ve survived somehow against the odds and currently I’d take survival over success at the moment..low expectations are rarely disappointed. Storming this league is entirely possible and if we keep the squad with good loan additions momentum could get us back into the league. GJ seems to have a good relationship with the owners and they appear to support him. GJ is the man with the job to and we have to support him. If we’re clear top of the league at Christmas I’m happy. Anything less and it’s back into survival mode and probably without Jarvis..
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Taelee73 wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 14:07 While I'll agree questions should have been asked about last seasons debacle, we have to concentrate on the upcoming season.

If we start off with the fans and management already at loggerheads, it'll do no good for us or the team moving forward and only create a more toxic atmosphere.

We know the answer to every question will be either, injuries, the ref, see where we are after 10 games.
We know he sees Christmas as the next important time after those opening games, he always wants his teams 10 points off the top place or less to then push on in the New year.

The only question that could be asked, possibly what are his intentions for the season after this one? Is he contracted? He's stated he wants to manage into his 70s.

Personally if we're not first or second after 10 games, I'd imagine the fans will turn on him. Hopefully we'll start as we finished the end of last season. Yeovil will hopefully take time to gell, so I'm not sure who else should be favourites for promotion?

I'll not go to the training session viewing (think that's still offered?) or the Q&A, because it could be cringe worthy on many levels.

If its a one season deal in NLS, we accept it and move on. If its longer, then the future looks very difficult, so it's important we fully support the team, if you can't the
management.

spot on!!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

The evening will be the same old jokey Johnson, a nice friendly guy who is sadly past his sell by date.
With the owner showing his faith at a no doubt high price, our budget for players seems questionable.
I seriously hope somebody in attendance has the balls to ask some tough questions.
The Marquee signings
Which fool gave a 3 year contract to McGavin ?
Did he expect us to be playing in the 6th tier 5 years ago ?
I certainly did not and that is a good reason for a number who will not be showing this evening.
Please somebody question him or the evening will be totally pointless. He is accountable for where we find ourselves and this is far from a joke .
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Yawn
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

DevonBee you're spot on 👍, The buck stops with GJ, I don't want to see him fist pumping and giving it the"big one" next season, I have forgotten the mess HE'S got us into...Why he wasn't sacked is a mystery..
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Double yawn
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

teddiebear wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 18:55Yawn
Sweet dreams 😴
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Unfortunately we got relegated but we’re really excited about it
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 19:14 DevonBee you're spot on 👍, The buck stops with GJ, I don't want to see him fist pumping and giving it the"big one" next season, I have forgotten the mess HE'S got us into...Why he wasn't sacked is a mystery..
Fist pumping me neither.
An experienced manager who has failed miserably with recruitment , tactics and inability to get a tune out of the dross he signed. Some here might accept this level, we should be a football league club, not in the 6 th tier.
That is why change was needed, as you rightly say he should have been sacked long ago.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

teddiebear wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 19:27Double yawn
Can only assume you are a secret Yeovil Town supporter
Teddiebear
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Admiral wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 19:48 Unfortunately we got relegated but we’re really excited about it
Excited yes that was the response from Osborne at the end of last season….amazing we have heard sweet F A from him since !
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

That's the thing DevonBee,you won't hear from Osborne, he's shady and up to something, I can sense it in my waters, and as for this "millions" into the club, never, it hasn't happened, we don't pay transfer fees, we don't pay high wages, not overnight stays etc, we've got Johnson's mates on the payroll, whereabouts has Osborne pumped millions into The Gulls?, its utter BS, I can't believe fans believe it ..
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 21:51 That's the thing DevonBee,you won't hear from Osborne, he's shady and up to something, I can sense it in my waters, and as for this "millions" into the club, never, it hasn't happened, we don't pay transfer fees, we don't pay high wages, not overnight stays etc, we've got Johnson's mates on the payroll, whereabouts has Osborne pumped millions into The Gulls?, its utter BS, I can't believe fans believe it ..
He’s buttering up the council with the constant community agenda, we’ll be playing college level football for real soon