Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Just called Bath City (01225 423087) and spoke to the lovely Carol again who was most helpful regarding the fact that my tickets didn't have the match info printed on them!

If anyone else receives their tickets and they don't have Torquay United on them, call their ticket office and she will put it right.
They do have records of all sales and can cross reference if necessary.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thought it wouldn't be long before Arcadia came on and told us what a great side Bath are.

He has said the same thing about nigh on every other opponent we have played this season. They might be an improving side but so are we - and we beat them at home with Brett Williams being a virtual passenger that night.

Much has been made about how well they played that night but we were by far the better side in the second half when Keating came on and we missed two great chances from corners. The margin of victory could quite easily have been 3-0.

They have signed Hinds from Bristol City who could well be dangerous and have Brunt back (been injured yet again) so it certainly won't be a walkover.

They don't concede many goals but if you view the highlights of that game their clean sheet was more by luck than judgement - in fact their defence looked a bit suspect to me.

As usual Gill was talking up their performance - they had the better chances etc etc etc but the bloke seems to say the same thing every game. They faded in the second half at Plainmoor and wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen on Saturday.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

With our massive following and the way we have got stronger in the last 20 minutes, I can’t seee us losing this one. We are on fire. If we hit form we will win. COYY
Will be leaving Gloucester early to get a parking spot.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Forest gull wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 11:33 With our massive following and the way we have got stronger in the last 20 minutes, I can’t seee us losing this one. We are on fire. If we hit form we will win. COYY
Will be leaving Gloucester early to get a parking spot.
I see on the Roman's forum something has been mentioned of an overflow car park being in operation. The main car park at the ground is quite small from what I remember and that'll be sure to fill up very early so, like you Forest, I'll be setting off early'ish (from Kent) to blag one of the parking spots... otherwise it's the gamble of street parking and the wrath of Trumpton's residents (plus, I hate walking!) :keepie:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Bath City have a very small number of away tickets left for Saturday's match. at Twerton Park. Call 01225 423087. #tufc
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Bloggy wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 10:10 Midlandgull - how did they resolve the 'printed game' issue? Mine too are blank! Assumed the stub numbers would suffice?
Sorry, only just seen this. Sounds like you've sorted it now, but all I did was write on the tickets Bath City v Torquay United, 19th January kick off 3pm. Then the lady gave me her mobile number (cheeky!) just incase the stewards have any questions on the day.

All in all, top service by them.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Ditto - very helpful. I've been impressed with how they've handled things so far. Let's hope they have enough programmes and food/drink on the day.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 13:42 Great effort again from the Yellow Army!! :clap:
Chris tried to pm me you but isn't working. It's a negetive as looking like I have to work and the wife is out in evening on a hen night so no cover for dog either. Mega kind offer and here's hoping sometime this season I can get to a game with you. If not next season in the north !!!!! Have a great day pal I'll be tuned in still at 3 o clock.
Cockney Cockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Cockney Cockers »

So it looks like the number 5 bus from the bus station is the best bet for getting near the ground from the rail station. Goes every 12 minutes and takes 12 minutes to get to Twerton. Judging by most people I've seen at away matches (me included) you ain't gonna make that walk. If the heart attack doesn't get you and the articulated lorries don't then the fumes will.
There are so many great boozers in Bath, (spoons not being one of them) that you are spoilt for choice. However, the best ones are the small ones apart from the magnificent Bell in Walcot Street, but that is then the wrong end of town. Spoons it is then. Leave plenty of time though.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Away tickets now sold out at Bath too
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Google maps reckons its a 30 minute walk from Bath centre to the ground. If it is dry, that isn't too bad.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 15:55 Chris tried to pm me you but isn't working. It's a negetive as looking like I have to work and the wife is out in evening on a hen night so no cover for dog either. Mega kind offer and here's hoping sometime this season I can get to a game with you. If not next season in the north !!!!! Have a great day pal I'll be tuned in still at 3 o clock.
Bloody work! :@
OK mate no worries - lets hope its off to Halifax, Harrogate et al next season!!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

RB2019
Trialist
Trialist

Post by RB2019 »

Hi - I now have 2 spare standing tickets in the away end for Saturday. Only looking for face value for them - available for collection from Paignton or at the ground on the day. Pm me if interested!
Plainmoor72
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Plainmoor72 »

If you’ve still got them I’d buy both. Please let me know and if so I can arrange someone to pick up tickets ASAP.
Plainmoor72
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Plainmoor72 »

Anyone with any spare tickets, need 2 for longtime supporters who thought website had said tickets would still be available on the day and missed the update! (Yep stupid I know but...) :0