Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

You might well be right Rich, but I do think AK will be mindful not to make signings just because they might cause some excitement amongst the support. There’s no guarantee that a young loanee from a Prem club would be any more effective in our division than someone like Carlton. Even if one would be greeted with joy and the other with a shrug.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Agreed Fonda but I think Knill will add a player with a better record than Carlton over the last few years. I suspect he has a reasonable amount to be able to spend on wages to find someone with a better pedigree than he. The other striker I expect to be a young player on loan with a point to prove.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What happened to Mozika
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Richinns wrote:Agreed Fonda but I think Knill will add a player with a better record than Carlton over the last few years. I suspect he has a reasonable amount to be able to spend on wages to find someone with a better pedigree than he. The other striker I expect to be a young player on loan with a point to prove.
Not so sure about that. If the manager rates a player he will take little interest in recent form. His decision will be based on past experience, the players attitude, his style of play etc.

Going on recent form alone we wouldn't have re-signed Elliott Benyon.
MTC
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by MTC »

I see AK is after a couple of strikers, but presuming the budget allows us only 2 more players, personally I would like to see 1 striker and an attacking playmaker in midfield. Really felt we missed O'Kane last season.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I think, but I don't know, that Devon Yellow, you have misunderstood what Rich is saying. It's not that Knill doesn't fancy Carlton because of goods recent record, it's a statement of simple fact that the guys being looked at have a better record than the aforementioned.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Trottman has signed for Argyle.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Fonda wrote:Trottman has signed for Argyle.
6 month contract only? Thought he could do better than Argyle for 6 months!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Hasn't really thought about it. He's played for Sheridan twice before, at Oldham and Chesterfield. Short contract probably suits them both.
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Jordan Robertson is now playing for Romanian club Gaz Metan Medias and scored his first goal for them yesterday.