How many of you are actual fans?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Certainly not when there's 78% of a season remaining and we're a club who isn't and hasn't yet been in the relegation zone this season.

Matt.
Is it EXACTLY 78% Matt? :na:

Knowing you I shouldn't have any doubts about the accuracy of your data. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I did it off the top of my head to get 78%. If you're interested (you're not), the actual figure is 78.2608695652. I apologise for any confusion caused.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

TeenageGull wrote::goodpost: matt, I would rather be in are position in comparison to Plymouth, accrignton and northampton, it's not all doom and gloom here in the bay and I think some people need to appreciate the fact we still have 3/4 of the season to go. I have a confident feeling that I didn't have against York this week. Let's hope I'm right :scarf:
Are you thick? Plymouth are ahead of us.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

ferrarilover wrote:I did it off the top of my head to get 78%. If you're interested (you're not), the actual figure is 78.2608695652. I apologise for any confusion caused.

Matt.
Apology accepted. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

hector wrote: Are you thick? Plymouth are ahead of us.
First of all no I'm not thick at all, second of all, according to Plymouth fans they are playin some schocking football and seem to be going in a worse direction than us. That 1 point more they have is 0-0 draw against accrignton. Big point for Plymouth..... Going back to what matt has said and u have disagreed with you so many times hector, results don't tell the story. I will fully apologise if I'm wrong by the end of the season but encouraging performances which we have shown means that we can do it. Just believe and stop bashing the team behind a keyboard
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

TeenageGull wrote: First of all no I'm not thick at all, second of all, according to Plymouth fans they are playin some schocking football and seem to be going in a worse direction than us. That 1 point more they have is 0-0 draw against accrignton. Big point for Plymouth..... Going back to what matt has said and u have disagreed with you so many times hector, results don't tell the story. I will fully apologise if I'm wrong by the end of the season but encouraging performances which we have shown means that we can do it.
For some of us teenagegull this doesn't come easy but for the most part the latter is done with great sadness and within reason unless it's Brucie. :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It's no good trying to explain the difference between our situation and Plymouth's, Teenie. Hector is too obtuse to see more than an inch beyond the League table, as far as he pretends to be concerned, top equals good, bottom equals bad, no account of anything else.

He doesn't believe it, of course, but he's got a forum reoutation and Brucie bonus points to consider.

Matt.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

TeenageGull wrote:
First of all no I'm not thick at all, second of all, according to Plymouth fans they are playin some schocking football and seem to be going in a worse direction than us. That 1 point more they have is 0-0 draw against accrignton. Big point for Plymouth..... Going back to what matt has said and u have disagreed with you so many times hector, results don't tell the story. I will fully apologise if I'm wrong by the end of the season but encouraging performances which we have shown means that we can do it. Just believe and stop bashing the team behind a keyboard
So essentially, you are saying that at the end of the season, points don't matter, performances do. I will take some solace in that if we are relegated.

Does it not occur to you, that the points we throw away now (e.g. 21 out of 30) might just have some impact at the end of the season? Exactly when do points start to matter more than performances?

And if, because of your anecdotal evidence, Plymouth are worse off than us because they are playing shocking football...shake my head in disbelief...what was the performance at home to York, if not shocking?
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

30 min good football, I haven't heard a good word from a Plymouth fan of the football they have played whilst we have gone away and played good football at places
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Again, don't bother. There'll be no admission here that playing badly for half a game is any different from playing badly for 5 straight seasons (per Plymouth).

For clarity, you are right, Teenie. There are plenty of positives here which the likes of Accrington and Plymouth cannot boast. It's hard to judge Rovers, because their fans can't seem to agree whether they are the best side in the division or the worst from one week to the next.
Other fans are united in their damming assessments and, if the Internet is to be believed, we're one of about 20 clubs in L2 who are nailed down, odds on favourites for relegation. I guess if that tells us anything, it's that every club has its reactionary morons who are incapable of understanding that the first 10 games of the season needn't be indicative of the general state of the division or any of the clubs within it.

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we are in a better position than Plymouth as has already been stated they are higher in the league than us for starters.
Granted they appear to have an idiot for a manager but given that our current position regarding injuries/illness decimated squad etc etc are you seriously suggesting that we are in a better position than they are? - if so then I think you are completely barking mad.
Have a look at their squad compared to ours - for starters they have two professional goalkeepers, we have errr Martin Rice.
They are a rubbish team with a rubbish manager but given our current predicament they will pick up more points than we will over the next ten games.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

For all their supposed ability and talent within their squad and for how useless ours is by comparison, you have succeeded only in showing that we ARE in a better position than Argyle. If they're so much better than us man for man, then the fact that they have scored fewer goals than us and picked up just one more point over 10 games just reinforces the idea that they must have some serious deep seated problems which won't be sorted by the simple signing of a couple of loanees. We have half a team missing, including, as you say, our first choice number one to return. Argyle have no one of significance missing. Our problems are likely to be solved either by dipping into the loan market, or by the natural course of players recovering from injury. Argyle have no such luxury. Coventry City are a whole division above us, would you rather be them on that basis, or us?

Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

We also have nutters on here that are throwing out the argument that, it matters not that we are losing, as we have been the better team in the majority of games and we just need to put away the chances we are creating.

Of course, playing well and losing still = zero points, but that doesn't seem to matter as we will soon "turn a corner".

Knill has, of course, been screwed over with injuries but even before that the writing was on the wall - nobody seems to understand why he doesn't make use of the full squad when there are players in the starting 11 who seem to start regardless of how dire they are performing.

I just hope we "turn the corner" soon - whilst we won't get relegated after ten games, playing well and losing over a considerable time will mean that, eventually, we will.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Scott Brehaut wrote:We also have nutters on here that are throwing out the argument that, it matters not that we are losing, as we have been the better team in the majority of games and we just need to put away the chances we are creating.

Of course, playing well and losing still = zero points, but that doesn't seem to matter as we will soon "turn a corner".

Knill has, of course, been screwed over with injuries but even before that the writing was on the wall - nobody seems to understand why he doesn't make use of the full squad when there are players in the starting 11 who seem to start regardless of how dire they are performing.

I just hope we "turn the corner" soon - whilst we won't get relegated after ten games, playing well and losing over a considerable time will mean that, eventually, we will.
:goodpost:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Of course it matters that we are losing no one has said it doesn't. What does matter is the manner in which we are losing. Losing but playing in a manner which suggests that the is latent, but unrealised talent within the squad is wholly different from losing having been comprehensively outplayed despite your team playing as well as it possibly could. That leaves no hope for improvement, no possibility of salvation. We have lost on Saturday not because we played as well as we possibly could utilising our best XI and still got outclassed, but because we played as badly as we possibly could with crucial members of the first team missing.

Can you not see that the former offers no hope whatsoever but the latter allows for the temporary and eminently reversable problems presently within the team?

Matt.