Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

username2 wrote: Jayzuz HC, how dumb do you have to be?! Why don't you understand how Community Ownership works, BayGull? It doesn't mean the trust members chucking fivers into a bucket every week until their bank stops their overdraft. You have read the SD pages, haven't you? Oh, that's the problem - not enough brain cells to understand the concept.

Did you read this at the end of the WMN article: "“It would be awful if we’re sitting here in nine months’ time and the club has gone into administration and we as a community haven’t made any attempt."

Give me strength. Our club needs supporters now, not fans sticking their heads in the sand.
Wow! Way to go to get more support – insult anyone that disagrees with you. Supporters Direct are not just about Trust Ownership anyway – they are also about getting supporter “influence” onto boards – something I am in favour of.

Talks on going with interested groups – so there IS interest out there.

I fully back the TUST. It’s a good thing to get influence on the way OUR club is run, and yes if worst come to the worst step in BUT if the choice is owner with TUST involvement or just the TUST I would go for the former.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:Havn't joined the TUST - its a complete waste of time. The club is dying, lets face facts. We have still got a manager who would have been sacked if had been at any other club.
Bail out and do something else on a saturday (or if you want to watch pro football go to Exeter or Plymouth)
Sad but thats the reality of it I'm afraid.
And before anyone says it - I am not forking out seventy quid a game to watch Conference South football or lower - which is weher we will be in a couple of years.
Brucie, Brucie - you have a very short memory. It wasn't so many seasons ago that Exeter went into administration, remember? And do you remember who helped the club to survive? Yes - the Supporters Trust !!! They are still running the club so it can work, although City had to go cap-in-hand to the F.A. last summer so they could pay their players. We have never had to do that. You also overlook the fact that it was not so many seasons ago that Exeter were in the Conference and we were in Div 2 so clubs fortunes change season-by-season. Yes - we're in a dark tunnel at present without any light at the end of it but I fervently hope that our fortunes will change and that I get to again see Div 2 football against Exeter (I certainly don't wish them any bad times) before that old bloke with the scythe comes looking for me.

Anyway - congratulations for being a good advocate for joining TUST. You have persuaded me to sign up when I attend the meeting at the Museum next week. ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

According to KT's latest inteview he is talking to half a dozen groups so either he is lying or perhaps the rumours of no interest are no true after all.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Not wishing to disagree with tomogull (after all, Colin Bettany is his favourite player) brucie, as always, is talking sense and saying things that, too often, dare not speak their name. It's difficult to see nay light at the end of what is going to be a very, very long tunnel. I wish TUST all the best, but they're going to need at least 5000 (thousand) members to have any influence. Seen over a period of 55 or so years, this is the WORST position TUFC have been in in all that time.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:Not wishing to disagree with tomogull (after all, Colin Bettany is his favourite player) brucie, as always, is talking sense and saying things that, too often, dare not speak their name. It's difficult to see nay light at the end of what is going to be a very, very long tunnel. I wish TUST all the best, but they're going to need at least 5000 (thousand) members to have any influence. Seen over a period of 55 or so years, this is the WORST position TUFC have been in in all that time.
Sorry, Wivel - like dear ol' Brucie, you too must be suffering from memory loss !! The great Stubbsy is your favourite player so that means you must also have been around when Dave Webb was manager when everything looked black, even the charred bits of the Grandstand. That, for me, was the club's lowest ebb (or should that be webb - ho, ho) but admittedly Mike Bateson was still at the helm then. Also, the club nearly sank without trace thanks to Chris Roberts. Yes - we can all give up and bomb up the road to Exeter. After all, it won't take long once the new road has been completed. But my grandson comes with me to watch games. I asked him if he wanted to go to Saturday's match half expecting him to say that he was meeting up with his mates instead, but he didn't. He wants to go ..... and I hope there will be a Torquay United for him to watch for many seasons, preferably in the Football League.

I strongly disagree with Brucie when he says we will be a Conference South side in a couple of seasons. As you say, it looks like being a very long tunnel but I think we will be a Lincoln or a Wrexham, former league clubs stuck in the Conference but will eventually get back into the league as Cambridge did after several seasons. Anyway, it's good to see that Brucie is now being a bit more positive when he posts that Kelvin Thomas is talking to half a dozen or so groups so there is interest and maybe there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I have no problem whatsoever with Brucie posting on here. It shows that, whatever he says, he still has an interest in the club. In other words, he may desert the club but it's in his blood and he's hooked just as AustrianAndy is.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Brucie is off to watch supporters trust owned Exeter. His choice. Why is it that people are assuming TUST could only be a sole owner with predicted part time football. It can be a part owner, it can have seats on the Board, and it will be by us, from us and accountable to us. All the moaning in the world about Bill Phillips or whoever on a forum is nowhere near as important a voice as a trust can be and nowhere near as helpful to the long term needs of TUFC and its supporters. £2 a month. That's about one fifteenth of the price of an Exeter season ticket. You crack on and support their trust, brucie. Nobody's died.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 03 Apr 2015, 01:32, edited 2 times in total.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

gullintwoplaces wrote: For the attention of the moderators. Do we permit trolling by supporters of other clubs here? Exeweb, the forum of the club that this man supports, do not allow fans from other clubs to have a go at the Grecian Scum on their home forum. Nor should we.
agree with this, why is this troll allowed on the forum?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

brucie wrote:Havn't joined the TUST - its a complete waste of time. The club is dying, lets face facts. We have still got a manager who would have been sacked if had been at any other club.
Bail out and do something else on a saturday (or if you want to watch pro football go to Exeter or Plymouth)
Sad but thats the reality of it I'm afraid.
And before anyone says it - I am not forking out seventy quid a game to watch Conference South football or lower - which is weher we will be in a couple of years.
If that's your view, why don't you just p8ss off and go. Why do you keep coming on here and rubbing it in. Ah I know, because its your democratic right. And if your honest, you enjoy "rubbing it in", the same old mantra, weve all heard it a hundred times, so why keep repeating it, BECAUSE YOU GET A KICK OUT OF IT!

You might be correct, WE DONT F8CKING care if you are. Go and support Exeter, and we will do OUR F*UCKING DEMOCRATIC RIGHT and carry on supporting the club we want to.
TUST MEMBER
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I'm with you Neal. Truth is there is something wrong with the guy. He gets some sort of sick pleasure at upsetting genuine Torquay fans. He does it to wind us up. He loves it. Sad really.
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

I have no faith in Hargreaves and almost none in the board . I do not know what's gone wrong with the club but take SG's point that it started well before Hargreaves came in. I also find myself agreeing with a lot of what Brucie says. However, where I part company with Brucie is that I cannot bring myself to give up on the club and, I know its only a small gesture, but will join the TUST to show my support. 44 years of watching my beloved club is worth £24!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What doesn't help is on the same day Kelvin Thomas tells in an interview he's talking to 4-5 potential interested parties, Chris Hargreaves little patsy tells us hope of new ownership are receding, who's telling the truth here.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
Formerly known as forevertufc
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Well done Tomogull, the best summation of our situation I've seen and one that I agree with completely. Us Bettany fans must have a certain outlook on life. I agree also that indoctrination of children in supporting the Gulls is completely acceptable. Having brought two children up in Plymouth and over the years, lugging them up the A38 and then through Avonwick to Plainmoor has achieved the objective. They do not support Argyle and their allegiance is to Torquay United. Job done. Anyhow, there are interesting times coming along and I can see the TUST becoming quite a force for the good. I am impressed with how they have started. As for Brucie, I don't know the man but my view is the same as on a particular topic on ex-players (A Legend Departs) on the other forum. He is now an ex-fan. They are ex-players. Who is interested in what they think, where they play. They have departed. They are no longer of any consequence. Wivel, Tomogull and I have stuck with the team through desperate times. We are still here. I have no interest in supporting Liverpool, Chelsea etc. You can only be loyal to one team.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

forevertufc wrote:What doesn't help is on the same day Kelvin Thomas tells in an interview he's talking to 4-5 potential interested parties, Chris Hargreaves little patsy tells us hope of new ownership are receding, who's telling the truth here.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
There are no quotes from Hargreaves in that article about ownership, and no evidence that what Thomas has said is untrue, just a journalist comment. I would tend to believe Thomas is still talking to interested parties on the evidence presented there.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I've joined the TUST tonight. I've become very disillusioned by events at the club over the past 3 years and both last season and this, I've not enjoyed being a ST holder. As things currently stand, I'd agree with others on here that we are probably destined to spend several seasons in the conference. I don't believe we'd go lower however, if we did, I think we'd all have to agree that the club would go the same way as Stockport, Darlington etc

The club needs to regain it's pride and this "takeover" is going to be the most important thing to happen to the club in it's history. Days out at Wembley count for nothing anymore. It's all about bringing stability back to the club and maybe, just maybe things will improve. It's going to be very long journey though.

For anybody who hasn't joined yet, I would say do it. £24 a year is affordable for all so sign up.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Anyone know how many TUST members we now have?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!